Today I caused havoc !!

fillymum

synful soul
Today I caused havoc in the supermarket and I am glad I did.

I had finished my shopping and went back to my car . Parked nearby was a van with a little dog locked in it and all the windows closed tight. The temperature was 94 degrees !! The poor little dog was panting and breathing laboriously.

I was livid, incensed, incandescent with rage. I cannot explain how angry I felt.

I took the registration number and returned to the supermarket and asked them to announce it on the PA system. She looked at me as if I was mad. She soon changed her tune when I told her that apart from the cruelty involved it was illegal and that I would phone the police if they did not do something about it.

No one came forward so I marched into the bar next door and as sure as G0d made little apples there they were, the cruel barstewards sat at the bar drinking.
I pointed out that their little dog was in distress and that I was about to phone The police if they did not come out to the dog.

I waited by their van until they came out where one of them started to slag me off. I will not bore you with the details. I can more than defend myself.

I made sure the little dog was o.k. and that they got it some water and that they drove away with the windows opened.

During all this time DH was waiting outside with the dog.............. he was as disgusted as me.

Poor little mite !!

Good for you! That poor little dog needed someone to stand up for him. How can some people be such mindless morons???

Well done you. I honestly cannot understand why these people even own pets!!! It makes me really mad, what would have happened if you had not seen it? :flamingmad:

Good on ya! Though, as I hate confrontation, I'd just have phoned the police.........

Good for you! I'd have definitely got the police involved for sure. I just hope they have learned their lesson now, bloody morons.

Way to go Sue

I'd probably have put the window through (it's a northeast thing lol) though to be fair, I'd probably have used the owners head to smash said window.

I might have tried for the breathalyser whilst I was on too!

I always yell at people who leave their dogs in cars.. Most people play dumb when you tell them it's illegal! Good for you!

I would be worried about calling the police, who knows if they'd even get there in time!

WELL DONE - thank god there are people like you with a brain and balls!!

When it comes to animals or children more balls tham most men.

Well done you! I had a similar experience in Badminton Horse Trials last year. A poor Jack Russel had been left in a very posh car. The RSPCA were on site and they ended up breaking into the car with the help of the police!

Wow - I bet you are scary when you are angry!!

There was a story recently about dogs that had died in a police car - it was awful.

Well done you!

Well done you! I had a similar experience in Badminton Horse Trials last year. A poor Jack Russel had been left in a very posh car. The RSPCA were on site and they ended up breaking into the car with the help of the police!

What I do not understand at something like Badminton is that it is dog friendly, almost more dogs than horses. It is accepted to have your dog there. So there is no need to leave it in the car.
We had a similar thing at the Royal Show ( England) a few years ago. A dachshund left in a posh car. The outcome there was not so good, by the time the police got into the car he was dead.

I would like to lock the owners in a car, with the windows closed, no water, no AC, in temps. of over 90 degrees and see how they like it.

Wow - I bet you are scary when you are angry!!

There was a story recently about dogs that had died in a police car - it was awful.

Well done you!
My husband tells me if I was a breed of dog I would be a Rottweiler, I can't imagine why lol !!!

The 2 dogs that died in the police van upset me such a lot. So senseless and avoidable.

What made it worse was that he had been warned before about leaving his dog in the van.

If only more people were like you my dear! I too caused a commotion this weekend over the same thing. I was walking my own pooch and saw that one of the neigh bours had locked their dog in the car outside their OWN house! The windows were shut tight and they were quite clearly sat in their front room enjoying the tennis. So yes, I did go and knock on their door and politely explain that I'd already pressed 2 9's on my phone and if they didn't remove the dog from the car I would be hitting the other 9 and the police would be joining us.
I wouldn't hesitiate to do it again either.

If only more people were like you my dear! I too caused a commotion this weekend over the same thing. I was walking my own pooch and saw that one of the neigh bours had locked their dog in the car outside their OWN house! The windows were shut tight and they were quite clearly sat in their front room enjoying the tennis. So yes, I did go and knock on their door and politely explain that I'd already pressed 2 9's on my phone and if they didn't remove the dog from the car I would be hitting the other 9 and the police would be joining us.
I wouldn't hesitiate to do it again either.

I find that totally unacceptable. There is no excuse what-so-ever for doing that.

If the dog is such a nuisance to you....re-home it with someone who will care for it properly.

Well done you for making yourself known to them.

Poor dog.

It is such a common thing these days and I'm glad to hear that there are people who are willing to step in and help

Back