"Today I resisted..." a thread to celebrate your strength

I have started keeping two lists. One of foods i really want just now but can have as treats once Im at a good wright. And the other of foods ive been craving, but healthier versions that will be my main meals when i can eat what i want again!

Good idea Claire x

my husband put a pizza in the oven this evening, and a couple of strands of that odd flavourless cheese they put on top fell onto the worktop. it was hard to resist 'tidying' it into my mout - and that drives me mad. why do i have the urge to needlessly consume things that simply aren't very nice?

I do that too!!! No word of a lie, I have been found scouping cheese from that toastie maker, post toastie, and popping that into my mouth. I am gross.

Last night I resisted lamb stew and freshly baked bread (that my husband did - so usually irresistable)

Today - the toffee pops are calling again - need to break out my first shake of the day, ive been awake for an hour already.
Today I am resisting the remaining toffee pops in the kitchen and the custard donuts my daughter brought home last night - which I am fairly sure are gross in any case ;)

Nat, honey. Why do you have these toffee pops in the house? Couldn't the family have some other kind of treat that you find less tempting?

It's because it's delish!

You should try marissa peers, who talks about milk in her book and hypnosis, as puss filled white cows blood. She will also cure you of any bread addiction you have, by asking you to take a piece of bread and squeeze it into a ball. Then think about eating it...uuuuugh, worked for me! Bread doesnt look so appealing when it looks like a lump of dirty play-dough.

Someone once showed that to me with a piece of white bread and a piece of brown to show how they break up in your stomache. The brown falls to pieces and the white just forms a nasty ball, really shows ya huh!

Yesterday I resisted the celebrations and peanut on the coffee table right in arms reach... really wanted those peanuts ¬_¬

I'm only on day 2, but last night I was on night shift and the staff all got takeaway...do last night I resisted LOTS!! Curry, chow mein, prawn crackers....then still got all the left over Chocs, cakes, biscuits!! Can't wait til they all gone! But am sooooo proud of myself for saying no!! Xx

Today i resisted a mince pie ... Small victory but I love them so feel proud of myself :)

Last edited:
Today was the first day back at work and i have resisted the massive box of mixed ferrero rocher i was given (now at work with my husband) and a selection of sweets being offered to me at intervals throughout the day :)

In a minute I have to go to my sis in laws for a meal.. but i will be a spectator x

Spangles! It's me I do it as some sort of puninshment!

ooh - masochistic tendencies...

*deep breath* Today I resisted a sausage baguette with brown sauce when everyone around me was munching 'em!

wooooo! Go krissy! Bet you felt great resisting!!!

I do now everyone else has stopped munching & taunting me lol, hopefully my W.I will be gentle tonight because of it!

I am finding it hard, but resisting picking everytime I feed my young children. Then when away from food I think, why would I want to eat that and espcially, why would I have wanted to eat cold leftovers off their plates. All just bad habits. I have had a few things in my mouth and then spat them out - again just getting over the habit.

I am only on day 8, so am totally inspired by not only your will power - especially at this stage in your journey but also the results. You are a true inspiration.

I am finding it hard, but resisting picking everytime I feed my young children. Then when away from food I think, why would I want to eat that and espcially, why would I have wanted to eat cold leftovers off their plates. All just bad habits. I have had a few things in my mouth and then spat them out - again just getting over the habit.

Sounds just like force of habit, bet you don't even realise you are doing it until its in your mouth! Bu tatleast you have the willpower to spit it out again ;)

iv resisted: all the chocolate bars from xmas in the cupboard.
and the yummy smelling cheese spread on toast the kids had for lunch, but im singing a song to myself "your not worth the weight gain i would haveeeeee if i ate you alll upppppp" haha

I just totally resisted home made burgers, great big juicy rolls, grated cheese and ketchup!!!

I do shock myself sometimes!!

I can't fail!!! x

Back