Today is a new day... Part 2

Just from Matalan, they have them in a few colours, and they have just reduced them from £14 to £10, which is a bargain I think!!

Delighted to say I lost another 2lb today, not sure how I did it, but whatever I'm doing seems to be working and having a loss this week means I can treat myself a bit this week for Christmas.

I've got a turkey casserole type thing in the slow cooker at the moment, just lots of onion and garlic, turkey, a bit of crispy bacon (no fat) and a tin of condensed soup. Bit gutted to find it is 14.5syns for the soup, but I'm hoping to get 4 portions out of it.

Also bought some low syn sausages as I fancy a sausage casserole - that will be tomoro's slow cooker treat.

Today is a quiet one for me... Finished my Xmas shopping so last bits of wrapping to do, and I really need to do hoovering. Dogs left nearly two weeks ago and I still can't get rid of all the hairs!! My boss has lent me It's a Wonderful Life to watch this weekend, so that might be this afternoon's cozied up on the couch treat!!

xxx

Soooo happy now that I've been able to facetime with my boy. This is definitely going to make a big difference to the next 3 months!

Food has been on plan, but have used all my syns today... Maybe shouldnt be using them all before the Xmas splurged... Xxx

Congrats on your great loss- you must be well chuffed!
And so pleased that you feel closer to your fella thank goodness for modern technology.

Happy Christmas Eve, Eve xxx

Thanks Kimberly, I was so pleased with the loss this week, already panicking about this weeks gain!

Penny, I think the size 10 is a bit of a dream away for me too, like the incentive tho!

And welcome Katie, not much excitement to read from me, general cycle of me missing my boy and struggling to stick to plan!!

Just finished work for Xmas. My boss got me the awesomest present, a rustic soup making kit. It has really nice soup bowls with lids, side plates, and some ingredients like sea salt and croutons. Can't wait to use them!!

Off to my parents tomorrow where I'm sure plan will go all to heck although I am making dinner for every1 tomorrow night and am making sw friendly bolognese do not too bad... After that, who knows!!

Merry Christmas Everyone xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aww well I've found it interesting to read :eek: Is your bf in the army? It must be so tough being separated all the time; I know I'd miss my husband if it was the same with us x

He's in the RAF. It is tough but at least now I can sometimes get to see him on FaceTime and chat to him a bit easier than when he's restricted to x minutes. Fingers crossed I'll get to speak to him today but I'm sure all the connections will be mega busy!

Trying to stick to plan but it's really not working. Think I need to let it go for a couple of days then be back on track by the weekend. I'm hoping everyone will be in the same boat at wi on Saturday!!

Merry Christmas all xxx

Today is a bit of a non day... Not really sure what to do. Think I'll go home in a while, still too much temptation here. Think I need to brave the shops too. Got a msg from a friend saying she had popped round on Xmas eve & I'm worried she's bought pressies even tho we agreed not to. So I need to get something on standby!! Also bought a shirt for my bro that's too big and it needs to be returned by tomorrow... That's what I get for being organised with my Xmas shopping. Also need some food but my bank account is looking really unhealthy. Just really want lots of fresh fruit n veg n get back on track.

Will see how the day pans out. Already chatted with bf so that was lovely, miss him like crazy. Saw on fb my ex got engaged yesterday & it just made me miss bf more. Can't remember what it's like to be in a relationship where u don't have to worry about 4 month separations...

Roll on 23rd march... Xxx

Have come home to find the trellis round our patio has collapsed with the winds the last couple of days. Hoping insurance will cover it but still means more expense. It's funny how many things crop up when ur trying to save money :(

Food wise I left my parents empty handed except for wine so I should be doing well but I can't think what I fancy for tea... I still have sausages in the fridge, might have those with loads of veggies and maybe a bit of gravy. They are the last naughty food I have before I get back on track 100% tomorrow xxx

Well managed to get the trellis cleared. My Dad and bro came down to help me which was great. My Dad ended up having to saw loads of it into bits that would fit in the car. Got most of it to the recycling centre but it was mobbed so still one car load to go tomorrow. Not convinced by the insurers, the bloke sounded stressed when I spoke to him. He said if it costs less than £500 to just get it replaced and send them the invoice however on checking the policy, fences aren't covered. I have emailed them for confirmation... The other thing is I'd rather wait until spring before we do anything. It actually looks fine without it...

Food has been on plan, got macaroni in the oven, side salad made ready to eat, yummy. Wi tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous but I'm sure every1 will be in the same boat.

I have also offered to host new year for a few friends so that will likely be another night off plan but it's not often I have people round and once it's done I'll be a hermit til bf comes home!!!

xxx

2lb on today... I'm ok with that... Hoping to lose again next week bit not sure how NYE is going to go. I've bought quite a few nibble things for people to eat here and I'm just going to have to make sure they are out the house before I get hungover and munchy!!

Xxx

2lb on today... I'm ok with that... Hoping to lose again next week bit not sure how NYE is going to go. I've bought quite a few nibble things for people to eat here and I'm just going to have to make sure they are out the house before I get hungover and munchy!! Xxx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's not bad at all Laura. I'm avoiding the scales at the moment. They are not going to be kind and whilst I could say it's all baby, I think we all know that there is a food baby in there too!! X

Haha but you need all the nourishment you can get, soon you will have a newborn and probably won't have time to remember to eat!!!

I feel really bloated tonight. Food today has been ok apart from the percy pigs which I keep munching on... Roasted a chicken in the slow cooker so had some of that stir fried with spring onions and peppers, along with a few potato wedges and a side of carrots and brussels (trying to get rid of the bloody things!!)... Really wish I could stick a pin in myself lol!!

xxx

My new food diary doesn't begin until tomorrow so here is today's.

B - porridge (heb) milk (1/2hea) banana, grapes, kiwi

L - chicken, tomato, spring onion omelette, pickled onions, beet root, mayo (1) teacake (4.5)

Will update as the day goes on...

Last edited:
Cor Laura, what a palaver with the trellis and whatnot!
My Aunt who was hosting boxing day had no electric from the Monday night until midday Christmas Day.

I put on 2lb too and will be pleased to see it go but feel another 2 will join it on the next WI. Can't seem to stop eating rubbish. It doesn't even taste that good anymore and my tummy feels awful but I think its just laziness! lol

Yeh starting from scratch on my food diary, I bought a new diary specially to write in, and it begins today... I really don't want to fill it with rubbish or "forget" to include things, I want to get back on it properly. I don't mind sprouts, but these ones taste a bit metallic-y, the ones my Mum had at Xmas were much tastier!!

Kimberley, I think I will have another gain this week too. I just feel so bloated and yukky and as I'm hosting NYE I know I will get involved in all the nibbles I've bought. I'm also planning on making some Pimms cocktails, and I've a couple of bottles of Cava and a couple more of wine... It doesn't look promising, but I will get back on plan asap on Wednesday, fingers crossed without a hangover, I'm far too old for that nonsense!!

Uuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So much for the last sentence of my last post... I woke up with a massive hangover today and have been in bed all day suffering. I had a great night tho, it was lovely to have a houseful for a change. We drank lots and lots and lots, but I didn't go overboard with the nibbles, I was being well restrained. I do now however have a load of snacks and junk food which I'm going to have to avoid like the plague!!

I haven't been on plan today whatsoever, didn't eat anything until about 6pm, and have been drinking Irn Bru to help the hangover. I'm now sat with a big bag of crisps and dip... Not going mad tho, just cba to make anything to eat... The scales are very kind the morning after an alcohol fuelled night, I'm guessing dehydration is the issue... Hopefully I won't have a gain this week but I will be lucky I think.

Hope nobody else is suffering like I was, Happy New Year xxx

Happy New Year Laura!!
I'm sorry to hear you suffered yesterday but pleased that you had a wonderful time. You deserve it!!
Reckon you're going to have to give all the junk away. It's annoying but it has to be done. I had this cheese selection which I've put in an opaque tupperware high in the fridge so I can't see it. My boyfriend pretty much must have blocked his arteries with the amount he had on toast this morning but at least I can't see it and won't eat it!
Hows writing everything down? Are you back on it today?

Back