Today is a new day... Part 2

Secrets, ooh your better than me I would have told everyone by now, I found out when I was pregnant that I couldn't keep a secret to save my life and told most people before the 12 week stage lol x

Secrets, ooh your better than me I would have told everyone by now, I found out when I was pregnant that I couldn't keep a secret to save my life and told most people before the 12 week stage lol x[/QUOTE
Secrets sound good. Usually I'm rubbish at keeping secrets but have surprised myself the last few months not telling anyone the sex of our baby :)

Well done Laura at sts considering the tummy trouble you've been having. Has the mint tea helped at all?

Haha well I can confirm I'm definitely not pregnant, although that would explain the bloating I guess!!!

I'm sure I will spill sooner rather than later, am soo excited!!! But as I say trying to be restrained until things happen ;)

Not sure whether the mint tea has helped, think I will make sure to drink it regularly in the hope it will help. Tbh I'm beginning to wonder if I'm eating too many bloaty foods, I've eaten loads of beans and veggies like cauliflower and broccoli recently... Is too much of these bad for u?? I still have a whole cauliflower and a broccoli in the fridge... I love them!!!

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Went a bit off plan today, nothing major, but I didn't cut the fat off my bacon before I ate it... And I had 4 slices :eek::eek: It was sooo tasty, and in my defense I did dry fry it, and I drained off the fat whilst it was cooking... 16 syns tho:eek:

Oh well, I enjoyed it, and haven't gone over about 12 syns for ages...

Trying to write an assignment today, and struggling. I really need to submit it asap, but I'm finding it a struggle to get started. I think I know what I want to say, but putting it into words is proving difficult :sigh:

Anyone know anything about financial risk??!! *yawn*

Good day on plan today, had a good long chat with bf too. Off to do a little reading for my assignment before Bake Off :)

Xxx

Set the toaster on fire this morning...Thankfully I caught it with the first flame so it didn't get out of hand. Got the fire out then put it outside the conservatory where it's still sitting looking sorry for itself!! Gave myself a bit of a fright tho. Hopefully our next toaster will toast the bread evenly so I don't have to turn it round halfway thru!!

Have just made a sort of Cajun chicken with peppers and onions. Had it with some wedges and salad. Made enough to have tomorrow but I keep going thru and eating it! I know I'm allowed to do that but I still feel greedy and naughty!! Only used 1 syn today as well... So far!!!

Xx

Hiya Laura,

I'm so sorry but thats really cheered me up! Proper made me laugh!! How on earth did you manage that?! Ha ha ha!!!!
I hope you've recovered and seeing the funny side too! oh dear...

Any news on the news??

Hiya Laura,

I'm so sorry but thats really cheered me up! Proper made me laugh!! How on earth did you manage that?! Ha ha ha!!!!
I hope you've recovered and seeing the funny side too! oh dear...

Any news on the news??

No news on the news as yet... Will be mid Feb probably before anything happens ;)

Oh my gosh how did you manage to set the toaster on fire?! Glad you're ok though. Your dinner sounds yum! X

Ha that happened to me once, at a cottage we had rented for a friend's hen do. We were all hungover and sort of just stared at it like, "is this really happening? What do we do?" before we finally took it into the garden as the flames wouldn't go out!!

The toaster... Well I always have to turn my bread halfway thru because the bottom of it didn't seem to brown as much as the rest, so I turned it and just left it a second too long. I just sort of started at it as well to begin with :eek::eek: Then sprung into action!! I'd just done some washing up so there was still a basin of water sitting, I soaked a tea towel and covered it, then set it outside... The flames were beginning to get quite high at that point, but remarkably the tea towel didn't get burnt at all! Bf's first question when he found out - "How is the rest of the kitchen?" Charming!!

Just went to buy a new one this morning, I don't have toast every morning, but I like to know I can!!

My dinner was so yummy last night, it was all gone by bed time!! Oh well, it meant I used less syns than usual!!

xxx

I've got some good news Laura...

I lost 2lbs tonight. This can only mean one thing...

Heehee, keep your fingers crossed weight twinny!!!

I saw your post about what you weigh first think in the morning, I coulda written it word for word myself, usually a 9.4, 9.5 in the morning and a little more in the evening. This week tho, my morning weight have gone down to having a 3 or even a 2 in them... 2lb would make my weekend!!!

Struggled a bit today, was at a seminar with my boss. Knew lunch was provided but was told it was sandwiches, so saved my heb especially... It wasn't. The options were chicken cottage pie or lasagne... I went for the cottage pie hoping it would be fewer syns, but I've really no idea how many syns it might have been, my boss thought the sauce had wine in it, I'm sure the mash had milk and butter in it... Oh well, not much I could do, I was starving and had no food to go back to in the office...

xxx

I reckon the cottage pie was the right choice. Chicken no syns but the mince in the lasagne could have been fatty. Plus probs no cheese.
Well done for saving your HeB just in case though- very well prepared!!

Lots and lots of water tomorrow ok! How fab would it be if WI had a 3 in the number!!! my god, I can't wait for that!!!
You got plans for the weekend??

I would live a 3 in it... But don't want to get my hopes up then be disappointed!! Lots of water and mint tea tomorrow I think;)

Another quiet weekend, trying to hibernate!, save money and study!! Going round to a friend's tomorrow night just for a catch up. No booze tho and I'll eat before I go. No last minute sabotage!!

1.5lb off today :) Happy with that, not quite 2 like my twinny but I'm still v v happy. I think reaching a 10lb total loss is a bit of a milestone for me too. Seems like months ago since I got my half stone award and I've only lost another 3lb on top of that...

Hey ho, I'm still on track to be the skinniest bf has ever seen me when he returns!!

Didn't go to my friend's last night, am going tonight instead. Ran into another friend at the supermarket and she began to tell me half a story and then said she would tell me the rest tonight, I hate when people do that, especially when it's big news!!

Had a craving for sausages this morning. Asda didn't have any low fat ones whatsoever, so I bought another packet which were 8.5syns for 2 according to the syn calculator... Totally not worth it. Not sure if my tastes have changed or what but I barely noticed the sausages in amongst the rest of my breakfast. Annoyed that I've wasted that many syns on it and I still have another 6 in the fridge...

I bought a new toaster this morning too, so was looking forward to my toast. I hoped that I wouldn't need to turn my toast halfway thru, thus avoiding the potential for fire. So you can imagine how annoyed I was that my slices, from a 400g loaf, were slightly too tall for the toaster??? What the heck is that all about?? And the toaster is only just wide enough to put them in lengthways... Not sure how you could toast a full sized slice!! Was I wrong to assume all toasters would hold the same sized slices?? Didn't think buying a toaster would be so complicated!! Already had to return one cos it was the wrong colour!!

Anyway, I'm off to catch up on other diaries and then I'm doing some study, lots to do, and time is running out.

xxx

Hurrah!!! 10 lbs off and your'e only 4 away from target thats fantastic!!! Cor, can you imagine how lovely it is to be 9 stone??

Those stupid sausages! Well out of order! I had quorn low fat one and linda mccartney rosemary & onion one this morning. Both syn free and omg the rosemary and onion one is really bloody delicious!! You should try them!

Lolling about your toaster escapades again! Ha!! How can it not fit 400g loaf?! Must be a toy toaster. Stupid thing. God forbid you wanted to treat yourself to unsliced loaf one day and cut it too fat. Hmph. Stupid thing! Ours keeps sparking. I reckon its because I cook frozen veggie burgers in there- probs not wise because liquid must come out. Hope I don't start a fire too!

Sort yourself out some lovely SW dinner so you don't pick at your friends tonight! xx

lol, yeh I'm not sure you are supposed to put frozen burgers in them!!

What are the LM sausages made of?? Are they like quorn stuff? I've never really eaten quorn, put off by the fact it's made with mushrooms, which give me the boke!!!

I've currently got a chicken in the slow cooker and am defrosting some mushy pea curry sauce to have with it for dinner... Need to get some more veggies in there I think, but I'm sure I'll manage, might try to roast off some red onion, garlic and peppers, yummm!!

xx

Survived the evening with friends, I had a can of diet juice and that was it. Feel bloated from the fizz now tho. My friend has started doing the 5:2 diet and has lost 5lb in a fortnight. Not gonna lie, my 10lb in 3 months seemed lame in comparison. She's not much bigger than me so I'll be annoyed if she gets real skinny soon... I couldn't survive on 500cals in a day tho... In my heart I know sw is better but my head wants it quick like she is doing. I don't really know how 5:2 works tho, do u do it forever?? Or gradually have to introduce more cals??

Meh...

Survived the evening with friends, I had a can of diet juice and that was it. Feel bloated from the fizz now tho. My friend has started doing the 5:2 diet and has lost 5lb in a fortnight. Not gonna lie, my 10lb in 3 months seemed lame in comparison. She's not much bigger than me so I'll be annoyed if she gets real skinny soon... I couldn't survive on 500cals in a day tho... In my heart I know sw is better but my head wants it quick like she is doing. I don't really know how 5:2 works tho, do u do it forever?? Or gradually have to introduce more cals??

Meh...

Morning Laura! Well done for just having a diet juice drink- you go girl!!

Re:- the 5:2
There are mixed reviews about the benefits of fasting. Humans have been doing it since day dot because they'd go hunting, feast on their booty and then might not find another meal for a while. Many religions do it too. Personally I do think that the health benefits are real re: cholesterol, diabetes etc.

BUT those 2 days a week where you can't eat are unbearable (I tried it once). 500 calories isn't a lot of food. Infact, the diet suggests you have it all in one meal if poss, or 2 small meals. All day you think about food. You're like "its ok, I can have anything I want tomorrow", but it drives you (and anyone nearby) crazy.
Now I would say with these things that its down to the individual, bla bla bla. But you have seen results with SW Laura, you can eat what you want every day.

I think the thing in general with people that have started different eating regimes this month is they are getting better results than we have, even though we started in October. But thats because its their first week AND they got Christmas crud to get rid of. So its like double double. We're already so far on our journeys and know that we can stick at it even when theres an occasion that drags on for 2 weeks!!

Don't despair. I do know how you feel and we all want it quicker. But you've got your countdown, your fella's home soon and there is really no hurry.

If your friends on a fast today she's gonna eat about 12 blueberries this morning.
I think you should have a SW fry up! I know which I'd rather.

Lots of Love xxx

BTW I have literally no idea what LM sausages are made of.

Thanks Kimberley, I know you are 100% right. I know for a fact I'd really struggle with eating so little in a day, it's just annoying when other people seem to get results quicker. Long term tho, hopefully I'll be the one who gets to where I want to be and maintain it. My friend had a terrible diet before, eating takeaways and loads of fizzy juice and has completely radicalized her diet, so the potential for it going wrong is massive. Not that I should be thinking like that, I should be happy for her and encouraging her, but there is still a bit of green envy!!

And I had't really considered the Christmas hurdle... I know I've done well to get thru it fairly unscathed, altho it slowed me down for a couple of weeks. I have proved to myself that losing the weight is more important than eating unhealthy tasty food and drink.

It's funny how different people think about things. There were 3 of us talking about diets/weight last night, me doing sw, slow and steady and now thinking I should get back into Shred or something to tone up a bit, one friend doing 5:2 and pounding the gym in a sorta crash diet way and another friend who claims never to look at the scales but would like to lose weight, is not really interested in changing her eating habits, but has just bought the Shred dvd...

There's nowt as queer as folk ;)

Just made a pan of chilli chicken soup, which looks yum, can't wait to taste it. Now back to the studying, need focus!!

xxx

Back