Today is a new day... Part 2

Had a bit of a rubbish day today:( They happen every so often whilst bf is away. It started with a phone call from mil last night demanding that we book flights to Ireland in May for bfs aunt and granny's birthdays. Innocuous enough but I did feel a bit forced. We already have so much on this year, with holidays and weddings I'm worrying I won't have any leave left or any money for that matter. So I ended up in tears to bf today just with sheer frustration. My assignment isn't going well either, I'm struggling to focus.

Bf comes home in just over 2 months and it feels like a lifetime away :( I have a close group of friends but a couple of them are going thru a really tough time at the moment so I feel like I can't add to everyone's woes, my issues pale in comparison...

Sorry for going on, today has just been the hardest for ages. Tomorrow is a new day, and one day closer to "normality" xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh it all gets too much, i have to wait until june before i see Mr Bug. It amplifies everything doesn't it? Chin up. I know you feel your problems aren't as important but they most definitely are. Try and get a good nights sleep and things will seem better tomorrow xx

Thanks Bug, I did sleep well and do feel better. This middle bit of him being away is always the worst, he's been gone for so long and it's so long till he comes home...

Must get on with it, being upset just draws it out I think!

Xxx

Feeling a bit better today but still a bit rubbish. Blue Monday suits me well!

Feel like I've even loads today, loads of it super free but feeling a bit heavy again. Which is silly cos my own Mum said to me I need new work trousers cos mine were hangin off my ass!!!

Size 12s are too big but size 10s are still a bit snug... I've ordered a new pair of size 12s in case my old ones have just stretched from my bigger days... Just a cheap pair cos I'm determined to get into the 10s soon...

xx

Very hormonal and over emotional just now. Had a bit of a go at the young girl in the office this morning, she is so bloody lazy and it was annoying the crap outta me today. The boss was away so she literally thought she could sit and do nothing... Grr. I emailed the boss to tell her too, I'm way too old to be a babysitter!

That was today's rant... Food has been good this week but I don't think I'm going to lose this week. Star week has arrived a day early and a feet fat and frumpy!! The scales look ok but no loss yet... Used all my syns today in meals and now I am feeling munchy for my usual biscuit/handful of crisps I can syn... Watching the NTAs so going to go to bed soon. I know I'm not really hungry, I've eaten loads since I got in from work, just habit I guess

Wow my diary is depressing.. In good news, bf comes home 2 months today :D :D can't come quick enough!! Xxx

Thanks Girls :)

Funny week this week, it actually seems to have flown by, but I've been really hormonal and all over the place emotionally. Think I am coming out the other side now, * week definitely has a lot to answer for. Think when I was on the pill, because it wasn't a real * week I didn't get emotional etc... Least I know something is happening down there for when we start hopefully baby making ;)

Yesterday was a big day too, officially half way... We are on the official count down to bf coming home. 8 weeks tomorrow and hopefully not a day later. I can't bloody wait!!

In SW news, I bought a pair of trousers for work in a 12, thinking a new pair would fit me better than my old baggied ones. They don't... They are too big. Not sure what to do next, my Matalan 10s are nowhere near to fitting me, not sure if I should try a 12 somewhere else or a 10 or what. I can't keep wearing the ones I have been, my Mum says they look awful...

WI tomorrow but I don't think it's going to show anything, I think it'll be a maintain, booo. I have been using my syns and eating loads but this week, prob with * week, I'm bloated and rubbish. I will be devested if I have a gain... If my weight loss keeps on this slow, I'm not going to lose as much as I hoped before bf gets back, I'll be lucky if I get to target...

Hopefully next week will be a better one.

This weekend, I am going to meet my parents for lunch tomorrow I think. Mum does sw too so it will be something friendly. Aside from that I desperately need to wash my car, my boss keeps commenting on how dirty it is... But it's always blimmin raining, just doesn't clean the sides/wheels of my car... I bet the top of it is gleaming!! Pity I can't see that high up!!!

Apart from that I have promised myself and my boss that I will have a draft of my assignment on her desk on Monday morning. I sat with her today and told her all my woes about it. She has utmost confidence in me which has rubbed off a bit, so I'm just going to get the bloody thing done!!

That is the story of my life, lol. I'm off to make a nice stir fry for tea and then drink lots of water and peppermint tea in the hope of a last minute loss!!!

Happy weekend all xxx

Well the combination of stir fry, peppermint tea and lots of squash worked!! I lost an lb!! The scales were hovering between a 1/2lb and and 1, so I'm delighted that they stopped on the 1!! Very lucky I think!!

It has definitely given me a boost. I've been on plan since new year and up until today had only lost 1.5lb, which is obv a bit disheartening, so I'm happy to have made up a bit of ground.

I won the raffle too which is ace, I won a copy of the new Extra Easy Express book, which I'm just off to have a read of. I promised myself while bf was away I'd be more adventurous, but I'm not keen on following recipes. Going to give it more of a go this week I think.

I've just put a piece of gammon in the slow cooker with diet lemonade, think I'm going to have that tonight with lots of fresh veg and new potatoes, maybe a bit of synned mustard alongside, yum :)

Got a big bit of my assignment done last night so I'm pleased with my progress so far this weekend. Off to get on it again and hope today can be as productive...

xxx

Well done on the loss, great work. It's not too surprising that your losses are slow but steady because you're so close to target. Size 12 trousers being too big is a sign that you're at a healthy weight. So try not stress about weight to much: enjoy the new meals and hopefully your body will lose those few pounds to get you to your target x

Thanks, I'm trying not to stress, I just had a number I wanted to be at by the time bf comes home... As long as I feel good, I know he's proud of what I've already done, and he's a little worried he won't recognise me when he gets back!!

Thing is, he is working hard to lose a bit of weight and tone himself up while he's away, and I want to be doing my bit!

One of my fb friends posted last night how she's lost a stone in 3 weeks, just by cal counting... I was jealous, but then she said she was off to have a big kebab to celebrate, I'm sure that 1 stone won't stay off forever if that's how she does it!! xx

Quite a draining weekend with my head in the books. Happy with the volume I've done, worried that it's all waffley cack tho!!

Tried to FaceTime bf for a bit of a distraction but it's still not working his end :( Could do with a cuddle after a day like today, I've not done much else except keep at it... My house is in need of a good clean but I haven't wanted to waste time on it. Hope no one comes to visit any time soon lol

Food has been on plan again, made some nice butternut squash soup which was quite nice. Ready for another focused week, study and food for the big picture xxx

Hello! Just popping in to subscribe :)

How you doing Laura?
Could you give me your BNS recipe please? Ally always has it too so must be good. They're on offer in Aldi atm so thought I might give it a go...
I always have trouble with the consistency though- either too thickly pureed like baby food or watery and see through like...erm...a puddle? Similes are apparently not my strong point! Lol!

Was your boss happy with your assignment?? You had chance to recover yet? I'm thinking bath, paint nails and facemask.
You know what I could do with taking a leaf out my own book but I'm already in jimmies in bed and the only thing that will get me out is my millionth pee of the day! lol

Hope you've got your chin up anyhoo xxx

Last edited:
How you doing Laura?
Could you give me your BNS recipe please? Ally always has it too so must be good. They're on offer in Aldi atm so thought I might give it a go...
I always have trouble with the consistency though- either too thickly pureed like baby food or watery and see through like...erm...a puddle? Similes are apparently not my strong point! Lol!

Was your boss happy with your assignment?? You had chance to recover yet? I'm thinking bath, paint nails and facemask.
You know what I could do with taking a leaf out my own book but I'm already in jimmies in bed and the only thing that will get me out is my millionth pee of the day! lol

Hope you've got your chin up anyhoo xxx

Hey, I'm good thanks, feeling good this week, the scales don't seem to be moving but hey ho, I got 2 pairs of trouser for work (off Ebay;)) in a size 10 and they fit perfectly!! They are a bit short, but it just means I need to wear flats with them, which is fine for days just in the office! Trying them on made me realise how a bigger size actually makes you look bulkier too, my 12s all made me look really big around the waist, but these are a much better fit, so I'm well pleased :)

The only reason I bought the BNS was that it was on offer in Aldi!! It then sat in my kitchen for near a week with me not sure what to do with it! In the end I just used the recipe from the SW website http://group.slimmingworld.com/recipes/butternut-squash-soup.aspx since I didn't know any better and it was pretty tasty. Only thing is my blender scares me and always seems to overheat on the blending end and I think it's going to break so my soup is not as smooth as it should be!!

Can't wait for payday tomorrow, just emptied the last of my bank account on an extra credit card payment, how angelic am I?? Esp since I've spent the whole week eyeing up new boots online...

Boss hasn't had chance to look at my assignment yet... Not too bothered tho, been nice to have a couple nights off. And if she doesn't get chance by the weekend I'll just start on the next one!

Getting my hair done on Sat too, but in a bit of a quandary. Bf comes home in 7 weeks, meaning I need to get it done again in 6 weeks... Gonna ask her advice but don't want to spend £60 odd quid twice before he gets back if it's not really needing it... She might leave the colour til next time, but then my roots will be awful, not sure if there is something she can do interim...

Could you stretch your hair out another 4 weeks? Would mean it would still be nice and fresh for him coming home, and it would be nearly another pay by then too!

What does your bf do? My husband works away quite a lot and he's coming home in 6 weeks, so it looks like we're both on the countdown!

Bf is in the RAF, he's been away since November so I'm desperate for him to come home:) how are u coping??

As for my hair I'm going to see what my hairdresser says. Sometimes after 8 weeks she says I could've left it longer so I'll plead to her kind side and hope she can maybe just do a cut this weekend. My hair is quite short and really thick so it really needs a tidy up!!

Xx

Aw it's so hard when they're away, the only benefit of my husband working away is that I've been able to stick to SW without us going out for meals etc! We tend to go a bit crazy 'celebrating' with meals, takeaways, days out etc when he's home so it's the only upside!

That's why I got back into sw towards the end of last year, he's been away on and off since August and it's so much easier without his temptations!! Plus he doesn't really like sw friendly substitute recipes, moans they are bland, maybe just my cooking lol x

TFI Friday :)

Busy at work just now and it's only going to get worse in the run up the tax year end... Hey ho, it's the same every year and at least I'll be on hols soonish...

I'm a bit annoyed with a friend of mine at the moment. She can't get her head around the fact that I have no inclination to get wasted tonight. I know I have been working hard and deserve a night off, and I'm certainly not stopping myself. Truth is, I just don't want to drink tonight. They are all having a few (bottles) at another friend's house tonight and I said I'd go but not drink, which got shot down. Apparently I always have an excuse. Well I'm fed up of having to make an excuse, we have other friends who rarely drink and it's just accepted. Anyway, I've got home from work and now I cba going at all, particularly when I know they are all aiming to get wasted, and if I drive I'd have to wait until they were ready to go home so as not to be a party pooper. Just not in the mood, so I've just text the friend who is hosting and she is saying she wishes she hadn't offered to host as she cba either... Oops!!

Anyhew... Tomorrow I have WI first thing, then hairdressers, then I need to do some housework, my house is a bit of a shambles, I really need to hoover and clean the bathroom, cos it's boggin, even tho there is only me here:D

Was supposed to have a meeting with my boss this afternoon about my assignment, but as usual, something else cropped up:rolleyes: So, this weekend, I'm going to focus on the third assignment I have to do. Aiming to get both submitted by the end of Feb so need to get my butt in gear again!!

Just been looking through my new SW book and there are loads of yummy looking simple recipes, for which I have most of the ingredients. There is nothing worse than a recipe book where you need to go out and buy a million things (I'm looking at you Jamie Oliver) so hopefully I can try a couple of things this weekend. Going to do a chicken in the slow cooker and make the chilli chicken soup again cos it is bliddy lovely.

Not sure what WI is going to say tomorrow, I've been on plan the whole of January, but not expecting much this week, I'm due a maintain. Would be gutted if I got a gain though!!

OMG... Just had a phonecall from my brother. He works for an accountancy firm who have a wealth management arm who want to chat to me about a job!!! My boss was chatting with a director from their company a few weeks ago and mentioned that my brother worked there, so my bro reckons this director has done some digging to make a connection between us. I currently work nearly 40 miles away and would love the chance to work in the same town I work in... But my boss has been so good to me, she treats me like one of her children... And there is a chance bf will get posted this year so we may not be here for a lot longer anyway... The director wants an informal chat with me. Not sure what to do... My head is proper spinning now...

Sorry for the long random post, so much going on all at once while I've been trying to write...

Back