Today is a new day... Part 2

Ooh exciting re job. I would speak to the man. You have nothing to lose. See if they offer you anything then you have the difficult decision of deciding what to do.

Hope wi is good because you've been on plan so definitely deserve that. Yay for the size 10 trousers too.

Hope you enjoy hair appointment tomorrow. I love getting my hair done. Always feel so much better once my hair has been cut and washed etc.

Have a good weekend x

Thanks Penny, just had a long chat with bf about it, trying to put things into perspective. The only reason I would leave my current job is the travel, my boss has done so much for me, put me through all my exams etc and is soo flexible all the time. Plus bf and I want to start a family asap when he gets back. If I started a new job I'd have to be there a set time before I could qualify for mat leave... Grr

Going to do some research on the company see what I can find out. I'm having lunch with my parents tomorrow so I'll chat it over with them too. Bf is going to phone again tomorrow to try and help me talk it through...

Hiya!
Popping in to subscribe!

Well done on the smaller trousers! And the news bout the possible job.

Thanks, I'm soo happy about the trousers!!

And being in demand for a job too!!

Good week, let's hope the scales agree!! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wowwy Laura!!
I'm surprised your head hasn't exploded! What a lot to digest!
You go girl!!
I reckon just go for this informal chat with an open mind and see what happens :)
What a wonderful opportunity though!
Good Luck with WI xxx

Hope the scales were good to you this morning!

Exciting re possible job opportunities and well done on the size 10 trousers too!

Wowwy Laura!!
I'm surprised your head hasn't exploded! What a lot to digest!
You go girl!!
I reckon just go for this informal chat with an open mind and see what happens :)
What a wonderful opportunity though!
Good Luck with WI xxx

Not gonna lie, last night I felt like my head was going to explode!!

Hope the scales were good to you this morning!

Exciting re possible job opportunities and well done on the size 10 trousers too!

Had a maintain today, which actually I'm ok with. I think I was very lucky with my whole lb loss last week so I'm fine. I feel a lot better in myself and I've only got 3lb to target, I know my losses are likely to be slow to get there... Just hoping I can lost these 3lb in the next 7 WIs... Sounds easy, but we shall see ;)

Re the job, I think I am going to have a chat with the guy. I've spoken to my parents about it, and to Bfs Mum and they all think it makes sense. I don't think I would take another job right now, but I want to maybe have some bartering room with my boss. If I'm being headhunted (which is a big thing to call it at this point) my boss needs to know about it. TBH I'm not even fussed about getting more money from her (altho of course it would be nice) even just the flexibility to work from home sometimes, to save petrol/car money... It's all food for thought...

Got my hair all freshened up, discussed it with my hairdresser and in the end she only coloured my parting and a bit through the back and left the rest for next time. My hair did need a good cut tho, so it feels a lot lighter... Maybe I should have weighed in afterwards lol

Had a busy day running here there and everywhere so quiet night tonight doing a bit of reading for my next assignment

xxx

Nice that you've discussed your options with others- doesn't feel so heavy on your mind then does it.
And well done with your maintain! It's annoying when its not a loss, but its better than a gain and it will drop off again next week.

Re: the weighing after your hair cut. I have SO MUCH HAIR that I often wonder if I could get someone to stand behind me and hold it I might lose 1lb or 2! Lol.

Hey are you able to tell us that news yet?!

Ooooh! The work chat sounds promising. There's no harm in having a chat.

Well done on your sts. You'll be back losing again next week. As you said your getting closer to target now. Maybe the hair cut will help you too! ;)

No news to tell yet, hopefully by about 10th or 11th I might have news. Problem is in this case no news isn't good news... ;)

I'm on with my maintain, but need to up my super free I think. Since Friday I've not really been hungry so sort of snacking (on fruit right enough) and then just having like super noodles for a meal...

Had a productive morning so far, did the Shred!! I know she's annoying but I friggin love Jillian Michaels!!

Have also just washed my car by hand. Kept saying I was going to take it to the jet wash but I grudge paying the 6 or 7 quid it would need to get my car clean!!

So lots of body magic already, just off to make a random soup concoction, think it will be lentil but I've leeks I need to use, not sure how they will work in lentil soup but I'm off to find out!!

Xxx

How did your soup turn out? I use leeks in my lentil soup sometimes...in fact anything that's lying around, I still call it lentil though lol!

Well done on your body magic, I'm sure your car appreciates it too :D

The soup turned out pretty tasty actually, when it's all blitzed up it could have anything in it lol

Another day where I've struggled to eat enough. Not sure what's up with me. Think I've got a bit of Monday blues too, just feeling a bit rubbish:(

Struggling this week. Not with food, I'm so on plan, it's second nature. Although at the weekend I ate all of my syns, but the last couple of days I've struggled to eat many at all. Even took some Smarties to bed last night but didn't eat them which is shocking. I've been really tired this week, was asleep before 10pm last night.

Bf and I always knew this part was the hardest - still more than 6 weeks til he comes home and it feels like a lifetime away :( I just want him back now, it feels like it's beyond a joke. Bf is struggling this week too - he's not getting a day off for 18 days either which doesn't help his monotony.

These last 3lb are a struggle, don't think I'm going to have a loss this week again, the scales are static. I know it's not important, but I feel that everything is standing still now:rolleyes:

My skin is a bit of a mess just now as well, I used to have really greasy spotty skin, but it had cleared up a bit recently. This week, I keep finding myself touching my face, particularly on my jawline, and I'm sure I'm causing the skin to inflame. No actual breakout yet, but under my skin is all lumpy and horrible. Need to get out of the habit.

Grrr, can't wait until the weekend, got a big girls day out which should cheer me up, really looking forward to it, but dreading getting too drunk and emotional... xxx

Aww hun don't worry too much! I have a similar problem with being in a long distance relationship so know entirely what you are going through - as it gets closer to seeing him, it feels like a lifetime away. Just remember that the only reason you struggle with these feelings is because of how strong your feelings for each other are! If it was easy, you would certainly not love him. Focus on the positives - you are still doing really well with your eating, which can be a major problem when in our situation. Try and keep your chin up, just think how good you will look in a few weeks when you see him! Well done on your progress so far, you are an inspiration!

Soz to hear you're having a rough few days but well done to staying on plan .
Why don't you put up a chart and cross the days off one by one , as they're getting crossed off maybe do something every couple of days or each week in preparation for him coming home. It might help you get over the last six weeks.
Try drink plenty of water to help with your skin, mine is up the wall too at the mo.

take care xx

Aww hun don't worry too much! I have a similar problem with being in a long distance relationship so know entirely what you are going through - as it gets closer to seeing him, it feels like a lifetime away. Just remember that the only reason you struggle with these feelings is because of how strong your feelings for each other are! If it was easy, you would certainly not love him. Focus on the positives - you are still doing really well with your eating, which can be a major problem when in our situation. Try and keep your chin up, just think how good you will look in a few weeks when you see him! Well done on your progress so far, you are an inspiration!

Yeh that's definitely true, I'm struggling because I love him so much. I bought him a Valentine's card which was quite appropriate. It was "An Ode to Us" and was all about how it's the day to day things that keep us going and how it makes no difference what we are doing together, laying around the house, going out, coming home to each other after work, those are all the things I want again. I don't care about big romantic gestures (good job really cos he's not very good at them!) I just want the mundane!!

Soz to hear you're having a rough few days but well done to staying on plan .
Why don't you put up a chart and cross the days off one by one , as they're getting crossed off maybe do something every couple of days or each week in preparation for him coming home. It might help you get over the last six weeks.
Try drink plenty of water to help with your skin, mine is up the wall too at the mo.

take care xx

I've been crossing the days off on my calendar and I am already thinking about all the things I need to do before he gets back, I've been doing the Shred, but need to get more diligent with it, or I'm not going to manage 30 days before he gets back!! I also have a voucher for a beauty salon and also a friend who does beauty stuff, so I'm thinking about what I can spend the voucher on and what my friend can do... Other than that, I'm a bit strapped for cash as it's all going into the holiday fund, so can't do too much.

I'm trying to drink lots of water (well fruit tea) and not to absent mindedly touch my face, which I do a lot sitting at my desk. I'm in the office on my own today so I've done the majority of what I need to already, going to do some study this afternoon, hopefully enough to cover me if I have a mega hangover on Sunday!!

6 weeks tomorrow I'll be flying to Gatwick :) Altho bf tells me he might not be get into Brize until the Sunday... Booooo. His Mum will be pleased to get me all to herself for an evening tho!! and hopefully I'll be able to go with his Dad and actually meet him at Brize. Last time I was soo emotional in the days leading up to seeing him again, but when he met me at the airport that time, I didn't cry at all. I was full of relief and sooo excited to see him, but no tears, which I thought was a bit odd. Wonder if it will be different this time??

1/2lb on :( Gutted. I don't know what's going on, but I can't believe it's taking me so long to lose this little bit of weight. I've got 5 more WIs to lose 3.5lb now. I like Image Therapy, but I am a bit embarrassed at how crap I'm doing, one girl is only a bit bigger than me and has lost 13.5lb in 2 weeks, I've lost 10.5 in about 17...

Anyway, I've come home with a promise to write a food diary for my C. I always write everything I eat anyway but I'm determined to be a bit more focused this week and really think about the end goal. Might as well write up my food on here too, maybe I need the accountability...

Today, so far

B - Banana, apple , pineapple, blueberries, Aldi ff Greek yogurt, coconut and vanilla flavour - these are gorgeous, my Mum told me about them last week. The coconut one isn't on syns online but I've put it through the calculator and it's free!! Just as tasty as the Muller ones, but free and only 99p for 4. Bargain of the day!!

L - I've got a bolognese in the slow cooker (xl mince, tomatoes, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, stock, tom puree, herbs) and I'm going to have some pasta with it, and then a big hi fi ar (heb)

Trying to line my stomach which is why I'm having a big lunch!! Really looking forward to a day out with the girls, and then I've promised myself I'm 100% back on plan tomorrow. Going to cook some extra pasta for tomorrow too, so I've no excuse even if I'm hungover!

Will prob eat out for tea, but I've no idea what, I'll try to get something low syn but it depends where we are. Going to pick up a couple of bottles of water to carry with me too, so I can keep myself hydrated in between alcohol.

Even since the beginning of my post, I feel better, and more motivated to do well this week and get a loss. Two girls in class had a big bender last weekend then each lost 3lb this week, hopefully a flexi day will work as well for me!!

Oh Laura, that half will fall off next week. Sometimes I swear our bodies just test us.

You sound like you know what you're doing/ what you've got to do. I know what you mean about comparing to others. I'm at 8lb loss now in 17 weeks, and theres this girl whose lost 8.5lbs in 3 weeks! HA! Whatsmore you're supposed to be my twinny and you're beating me! Maybe that half a pound was a sympathy one for me! Lol.

I'm religiously keeping a diary this week too, and looking at my book. I'm highlighting speed foods on my diary too which is quite exciting (if you're a sad loser like me).

DO you know what- you've needed a giggle and you've been as bloody good as gold. I would treat your girls day/night out as a flexi (maybe a non-counting flexi for even more fun). You're back on it tomorrow, and its good you have prepared pasta and what not. But I reckon that if on an occasion you have some sort of increase in calories/fat it sort of shocks your body into doing good again.

Like there was this week where I was on that stupid SW soup and had been having like 17 superspeed foods a day and I gained 0.5lbs and the week after I had a SUBWAY one night and lost 2.5lbs. Mental. Lol.

Anyway, enjoy enjoy!!!

Lots of Love xxxx

Enjoy you're night out! Like Kimberly said, the shock of high calories might kick start your metabolism again! That's the idea behind the 5:2 diet (which was very good but not sustainable), eat like a prince one day and like a pauper the next, to get you're metabolism going crazy. But have a nice evening off, let us know how you get on, and get back on it tomorrow :) I'll be doing the same next week! Enjoy :)

Morning :)

Look at me, up and about at 8.30am!!! The reason - I was home and in bed by about half 11 last night!!! I had a great day with the girls, paced myself all day which actually was quite easy because most of us were doing the same thing so there was no pressure to get pissed quick. I stuck to Corona all day apart from a glass of champagne, one spicey and coke and one cocktail which was sooo yummy, can't remember what it was called but it was basically Southern Comfort, Amaretto and Pina Colada mix.

Anyway, as the evening wore on, everyone was getting a bit merry, and we ended up dancing in a pub turned club type place. We danced for aaaaages, so plenty body magic. At one point tho, I began to feel like if I drunk anymore I was going to be really pissed, so instead I drunk the bottle of water I had in my bag (best idea I had!) but really didn't feel any better so I decided to go home. In the past I was always the one who would get drunk then suddenly want to go home and always just disappeared without telling anyone, so I think I did quite well lasting from 2pm to 11pm lol

Being home so early means I have had a full night's sleep, only getting up about 4am to get another glass of water. I've just got up again, got myself another glass of water and a cup of peppermint tea to try to rehydrate. Got to say the only thing I love about the morning after is that the scales are so kind!! Just weighed myself and it said 9.02!! Love it!!! Wish it would stay like that until next WI but I'm sure as I rehydrate it will increase rapidly.

So - I'm wide awake, not much of a hangover and contemplating today. I did all my chores etc yesterday in case I wasn't fit today so I've got a bit of a free day. Going to do some studying later but I'm actually contemplating planning my food a bit more for this week and taking a walk to Asda to buy some more bits. I ended up only spending half of the money I took out with me yesterday so I feel a bit rich!! Thinking about breakfast and I really want sausages, or bacon or something, neither which I've got in. Haven't tried the LM rosemary sausages so thinking I might give them a go, cos everyone raves about them. Fingers crossed Asda has them.

Want to make another pot of soup too. Not sure what kind tho, I'm really not great at making soup, I think it tastes ok to begin with but when I'm pulling it out of the freezer for lunch it's always really unappetising!! I did like the chilli chicken one I made a few weeks ago though so I might give it another go...

Off to plan ;) xxxx

Back