Today is a new day... Part 2

image-624503643.jpg

My new husband and I :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank u, I well up every time I look at that pic xxx

Massive congratulations, such a lovely photo. I've been following your diary, the last one and this one, but am a reader rather than a poster! Just wanted to say how pleased I am for you both. Enjoy New York, it's a fantastic city. Mandy x
Sent from my GT-P3110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D:D:D

Made up for you! You both look gorge!!
Enjoy ;) !!
xxx

OH MY GOD!!!

Oh Laura!!! What a beautiful bride!!!

Your tiny waist!!!

Your flowers, his tie. OH MY GOD. Beautiful. Just beautiful!
Thank you so so much for sharing with us!!!
What a gorgeous dress!!
Wow!

Thanks Ladies, I'm still an emotional wreck!!

But we had the most amazing day:) :)

I'm currently writing a little blog type thing about our whole week so hope to let u read it all soon ...

My husband :)heartpump:) just asked if the MMs ladies now think I'm a fat fraud since I've shared our wedding pic and don't look fat!! Men!!!

Oh Laura! I can't bloomin wait!

Your husband (!!!!) was right to wonder. I saw the photo and thought to myself "to think we were weight twins..."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Haha, I think the photographer has very good photoshop software!!

Waiting to go home now, boooo, but the free wine in the exec lounge helps!!

Spending a few days seeing the good man's family before going back to Scotland on Sunday. We are both looking forward to eating lots of fruit n veg n salad... I haven't been too naughty here but def ready to give up burgers for a while!!

Xxx

I'm back!!!!

Here is my little wedding blog before I delete it by mistake!!

SW sensible stuff to follow :)

We decided to get married a week before bf was due to come home, and as we were coming to NYC anyway we thought it would be really romantic to elope. Cue a lot of stress trying to organise things and keeping it a secret!!

We arrived in NYC on the Monday night and got on it first thing Tuesday. We had to go to the City Clerk's office to get a marriage license and then we went ring shopping :) after lunch (I had an amazing salad the size of my head!!) we took a walk to Central Park to find the spot our officiant had recommended, the Ladies Pavilion - The Official Website of Central Park And that's when Rory proposed properly ;)

The next couple of days we did lots of touristy things, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Times Square etc whilst our amazing friends over here worked their magic getting us hairdressers, make up artist, photographer etc. They are both in the music industry so had lots of contacts.

As we were staying with our friends, we decided to splurge on an amazing hotel, The Standard, High Line - Boutique Hotels New York City | Hip Hotels Manhattan NYC for a couple of nights to celebrate our wedding. We arrived here on Thursday night and were just astounded by the view and the room (you could see into the bathtub from the bed!!)

Needless to say we were awake super early on the morning of our wedding. We switched on the TV in our room and the first thing shown on Fox News was live camera shots of the Ladies Pavilon where we would marry a few hours later. The next shot was of 2 boats speeding up the Hudson right outside our hotel room, although I couldn't get my ass out of bed quick enough to see it!!

Rory went off to get the flowers and then the hair and make up ladies arrived even before my maid of honor. It was amazing to be so well pampered and I loved what they both did for us. Unfortunately as the morning progressed, so did the rain. But we were determined not to let it spoil the day so sent the boys off to find matching umbrellas for the 4 of us.

About 12, us and our friends got in a cab to The Ladies Pavilion at Central Park. The photographer and the officiant were there when we arrived which was a big relief to my over stressed husband to be who kept thinking something was going to go wrong! Just at that point the rain stopped too and left a perfectly calm day.

Our witnesses signed some paperwork and then so did we before getting a few pics done. Then it was time for the ceremony. I was an emotional wreck all thru it and by the end the four of us were in tears. It was so perfect, I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Following the ceremony we did a lot more photos it several gorgeous locations around Central Park. The photographer was brilliant especially as I'm not the most confident of posers! We then came back to the Meatpacking District to a gorgeous Private Members Club Soho House New York | Home. Our best man is a member so we were able to have our reception in full luxury. This is the place, if anyone remembers the episode of Sex & The City, where the girls were desperate to get in and they found a member's card and were using the pool on the roof before they got found out and kicked out!!

We had some champagne to settle our nerves before beginning to call our parents to let them know. Mine first, my Mum squealed a bit and both of them were in total shock so couldn't say much!! Next, Rory's Mum. She refused to believe it until she spoke to me and then demanded my parents phone number so she could find out if it was really real! Rory's Dad was also go smacked, first time in his life he's been speechless so he said!!

Once the main calls were out of the way we settled to have a lovely meal and lots more champagne. Except we were a bit too excited to eat and went for more bubbles instead!! Cue us all being very merry by about 5pm!! We continued to make phone calls, siblings, grannies etc until our nearest and dearest knew and then we could announce it on fb. We were waiting for the photographer to send us a couple of preview shots to add to fb but got so merry we wanted it on sooner, so we went back to our luxurious hotel, wrecked the minibar and took some photos of us bouncing on the bed with the Manhatten skyline in the background. In hindsight we realised we took about 30 pics and posted the worst one on fb. The one where we are a bit blurry and my bouquet is covering the Empire State Building!! We were a tad overexcited!!

After drinking most of the minibar we decided to go to the exclusive club at the top of our hotel (bear in mind this was about 9pm!!) but we got refused entry because there was a private wedding party there and we were also a bit too drunk!! So we went back to our room and drunk the remainder of the minibar before my husband and I both passed out drunk by about 11pm and our guests took pleasure in taking about 50 photos of us near asleep. We are soo rock'n'roll!!!

Our wedding was absolutely perfect, it was so small and intimate and in the perfect surroundings with 2 friends who will now be a massive part of our lives forever more.

Back to real life now, we flew back from NYC on Wednesday and have been on the go ever since. Celebrating with family has been insane, I haven't drunk so much alcohol in a long long time!!

We came back home yesterday to find our car and garden had been violated by friends and family - lots of balloons, pairs of knickers, condoms and pregnancy tests strewn around - God knows what the neighbours must have thought!!

So, now we are smug marrieds, excited to see what happens next!! We haven't told many people about Cyprus yet, waiting for the written confirmation, but hopefully that will come soon, I'm sure everyone is expecting it now that we got married so quick!!

xxx

Last edited:
So, this kinda feels like Day 1 of SW again. I don't think I've done too badly in terms of food - it was soooo hard to avoid unhealthy food in NYC, but I was much more in control of how much I ate and often left food on my plate. We also walked for miles around NYC so I'm hoping that helped. I don't feel as if I've piled the weight back on but I'll find out on Saturday. 5 days on plan to try to pull things back.

Rory (I do not want to start calling him hubby cos that word makes me cringe so I'm using his actual name!!) and I went food shopping earlier so we are all stocked up. He is trying so hard to be supportive bless him. I've had crisps in the cupboard since new year untouched, he was in the door about 4 hours and was into them, which gave me a little melt down until I explained to him that him doing that makes it a million times harder for me and he immediately realised what I meant and promised to try harder.

I made sure he did get some treats whilst we were out cos I don't want to deprive him, and I got bits for me so I don't feel deprived either.

So, I'm back on EE this week and today has looked like this so far:

Brunch - scrambled egg and tomato on toast (heb &2) pickled onions, beetroot

That's it so far... Rory is off playing golf so I will make dinner for him coming home. Going to make a big salad just now and marinade some chicken which we will have with wraps. We got some Black Pepper Mini Wraps from Asda which are 184 cals for 2, so just over 9 syns if I have 2. I probably won't have any other syns today so I'm ok with that :)

Hope everyone is having a good week so far, off to catch up with everyone's diaries xxx

In so pleased for you both :D congratulations again, you enjoy being married xx

wow

just wow

In so pleased for you both :D congratulations again, you enjoy being married xx

So far so good, we are still in our little bubble really :)

wow

just wow

Lol, I didn't realise it was possible to be speechless online ;)

Day 2 of being back on plan has gone well, however long lies are meaning I'm not eating until lunch time... Love not having to get up early tho, am going to be useless next week!!

Today's Food

Brunch - banana, grapes, clementine, apple, ff yog, toast (heb&2), cheese (hea) pink'n'white (2.5)
Tea - Husband made the All Day Breakfast Spaghetti from the Extra Easy in Minutes book and his only addition was some tomato & chilli chutney (2) served with a salad (leaves, tomato, cucumber, red onion, balsamic (1))

He has so far been very considerate with the food and realises he needs to be if he wants me to continue to be a slim wife;)

* week has just arrived which is a bit confusing, I wasn't expecting her for another 2-3 days which means my cycles seem to be getting shorter, this one has been 26 days... Wondering if wedding excitement/stress has brought her early?

I went to the bank today to change my name... It's so weird knowing I won't use my maiden name again, I'm very accustomed to it and my new name is complicated to spell and say... They made me write a new signature which will be used by the bank to identify me going forwards, my hand was shaking so much, it was rubbish... I need to practise more!!!

And I've got about a million other people to tell I have changed my name too, strange feeling!

Off to do some oven shopping now, so excited, ours hasn't worked properly for about a year and we are finally going to replace it. I can't wait to oven cook stuff again - SW chips are going to be my first attempt, it's been a loooong time since I've had any crispy ones!!!

xxx

Oh Laura, I love your wedding blog. It sounds so lovely and almost movie like! Very spontaneous. WhAt were your family like when they found out you had got married without them? My sister is getting married in July in Antigua with no family. I'm happy for her because that's what she wants but it's also strange that I won't be there to share the day.

Anyway sounds like you're having a fabulous time and start to married life. Rubbish that star week has come :( food sound scrummy though and good that you have Rory on board

X

don't forget to tell Boots!!!

I love your little story. I just told my bf and he was like "what did everyone say?!", like about your families. Lol. Think that means he'd be too wussy to ever do something like that.
I also like the part where you pass out pissed at 11pm. LOL.

You going to start TTC straight away? (LOok at me getting carried away!!)
Spose you're probably going to wait for the Cyprus thing?

Nice that Rory's making sensible meals. Good chappy.
Now best you go practice your signature some more. Mrs....

Oh Laura, I love your wedding blog. It sounds so lovely and almost movie like! Very spontaneous. WhAt were your family like when they found out you had got married without them? My sister is getting married in July in Antigua with no family. I'm happy for her because that's what she wants but it's also strange that I won't be there to share the day.

Anyway sounds like you're having a fabulous time and start to married life. Rubbish that star week has come :( food sound scrummy though and good that you have Rory on board

X

It really felt like a movie, everything happened so quickly and so perfectly :)

Our families were all delighted for us, altho I am sure they are a bit disappointed they didn't get to be there. Rory's Mum was the only one who made any sly digs about it, but she will get over it!!

don't forget to tell Boots!!!

I love your little story. I just told my bf and he was like "what did everyone say?!", like about your families. Lol. Think that means he'd be too wussy to ever do something like that.
I also like the part where you pass out pissed at 11pm. LOL.

You going to start TTC straight away? (LOok at me getting carried away!!)
Spose you're probably going to wait for the Cyprus thing?

Nice that Rory's making sensible meals. Good chappy.
Now best you go practice your signature some more. Mrs....

I need reminders about people like Boots, I would never remember them!! Rory keeps asking me who all I need to tell, I think I need to make a list cos a lot of them I need to print out forms and send them my marriage certificate, so I'll need to need to do that when I'm back at work with the resources;)

As for TTC, well we are not specifically trying, but if it happens, it happens :)

Today I tried to stay on plan, but I have gone over my syns a bit...

B - banana, pear, pineapple, clementine, ff yog
L - Wetherspoons pasta pomodoro... This says 14 syns, but I can't see how, so I'm counting 8 syns and a heb of oil. All it was was pasta and a tomato-ey sauce, very basic...
T - ww pitta (5) chorizo (4) tomato chutney (1.5) onions, tomato - I have been sooo lazy since we got in a few hours ago and cba to cook, so my lovely husband made this for me, before making himself some big greasy burgers - he was trying to protect me!!!

Going to have some more fruit in a bit, my Mum won Slimmer of the Week at her group last night and as there is about 100 members, she was overloaded with fruit n veg so brought me a bag full, happy days!!!

xxx

Ooh I wonder if this time next year you'll have a bubba, hope so! Me and penny must be making you super broody ;) lol x x

Back