Cruise PP Toffee Muffins

Is this the low fat cocoa that people use for their muffins?

gWeP0.jpg

Ta.

Made these again today but the way that Maintainer maker hers ie seperate the eggs and whisk the whites until stiff before mixing with other ingredients.

When I first made them by just mixing everything together I had 8 muffins and had to ladle the mix into the muffin cases.

Using the other method I could use a spatula to just lift the mixture out and drop dollops of it into the cases! :D

They did rise quite a bit but still dropped after taking out of the oven, but they were far bigger than the first batch and I got 12 muffins from the mix instead of 8!

Just had one with a bit of homemade greek yogurt with a bit of spenda, lemon essence and lemon colouring to make it look a bit more authentic.

Bloomin' lovely!

:D

Thanks for the advice on the other thread about this method Maintainer, I will def make them that way from now on.

I wonder why mine collapse though, must have taken too long to get them in the oven.

Also Morrisons do the Wheatbran ( i found it with the cake making/flour stuff)

just about to try making these as now have all the ingredients in... is it a large muller lite ? or a small.... if small could i use a toffee WW instead ?

just about to try making these as now have all the ingredients in... is it a large muller lite ? or a small.... if small could i use a toffee WW instead ?

It is the 175g tub of Muller Lite, didn't know they did large ones of them, unless you mean large tubs of Onken?

Not sure about WW yoghurts, I am sure someone will be along to let you know later.

Good luck with the muffins, I am going to make some more myself later and spread some thick h/m yog on there.

;)

thats great its the 175gm one i have... i think they used to do a smaller size one about 120g at one time

I made these yesterday morning to bring with me for breakfast for 2 days I forgot to add the vanilla and almond flavouring but tbh it doesn't need them. I got 10 decent sized out the mix
Just had 3 for breakfast slathered in my sc yoghurt and omg I feel naughty as it was like eating cream cakes yummmmm

I made these yesterday morning to bring with me for breakfast for 2 days I forgot to add the vanilla and almond flavouring but tbh it doesn't need them. I got 10 decent sized out the mix
Just had 3 for breakfast slathered in my sc yoghurt and omg I feel naughty as it was like eating cream cakes yummmmm

I did exactly the same thing and you are right they are still very nice, guess it's because of the toffee flavouring from the Muller.

;)

I may try the vanilla muller next time with some ginger ?

Where did you get the recipe?

Hi a quick question, o really really really want to make these today but I don't have the dried milk!!! Do you think I could use normal skimmed milk??? If so how much???

I made that today and they were terrible:(
I obviously did something wrong.

Whenever I make these they tend to rise and then flop and end up looking like yorkshire puddings.

I changed the recipe last night and I found them to be more dense, it felt more like eating a cake than a bit of batter, although still moist because of the eggs.

I used 3 eggs instead of 4, didn't use any skimmed milk at all, cut the sweetener to 3 tbs and didn't add any baking powder (I missed that when I read throught the recipe!).

I added a 1/4 tsp of both vanilla and almond essence.

I will def make them this way again, they didn't come out as big as when I made them last time (I whisked the egg whites up seperately and then stirred that into the mixture so they were huge but didn't feel as filling as this batch).

;)

:bighug:Dukandebut I have joined the muffin gang:) Oh my they are sooooo lovely! Got wheatbran today finally in health food shop and am so glad I did. I got 12 outta my mix ate 3 tonight and hubby had one nooooooooooo he cant have any!!! lol thankyou thankyou thankyou for your recipe thanks to all who posted tips loving this diet! 7days of cruise not lost anymore BUT not bothered after reading all the info that is on this forum I know I just have to carry on and be patient. With all these new things to try how can I not stay focused!!

Back