Cruise PP Toffee Muffins

ref milk powder - if you like them without it, leave it out (it's carby!).
As is the wheatbran and remember it's become a tolerated item since this recipe was first posted... and the Mullerlite toffees are now persona non grata also.

So a recipe for when not stalling/happy with one's loss etc etc...

I tweaked the recipe last night (I am in second stage of conso and still losing which I don't really want), so I used a Muller Lite Strawberry, left out the milk powder again and only used 2 tbs of Splenda and half a tsp of Condensed Milk Essence as well as the vanilla.

They are lovely.

If anyone hasn't tried making them without the milk powder, give them a try, I am def going to continue making them without it.

;)

Do they come out smaller without the milk powder... I've been making them with my own yoghurt rather than mullers to hopefully keep them a bit lower

Do they come out smaller without the milk powder... I've been making them with my own yoghurt rather than mullers to hopefully keep them a bit lower

Well, when I used milk powder they would rise quite high but then sink again and be very moist in the middle.

Without the milk powder, they don't look to rise as much so don't sink as much if you know what I mean and feel thicker when you bite into them, more dense.

I will have a go tomorrow with my own s/c yoghurt so will have to add extra flavourings.

;)

That's good to know ill try without the milk powder and see . They work well with the sc yoghurt I've used lemon and ginger & carrot & mixed spice in mines with the plain yoghurt

That's good to know ill try without the milk powder and see . They work well with the sc yoghurt I've used lemon and ginger & carrot & mixed spice in mines with the plain yoghurt

Mmmmmm!

They sound nice, think I may try that when I have used up my Muller strawberry yoghurt.

;)

The lemon & ginger is very refreshing :) and the carrot & mixed spice is like carrot cake yum yum

Think I used 1/4 of a teaspoon of lemon flavouring and a tsp of ginger spice although it could have done with more ginger I think. The carrot cAke ones had a small carrot grated finely and a tsp of mixed spice..... These were very nice warm

Think I used 1/4 of a teaspoon of lemon flavouring and a tsp of ginger spice although it could have done with more ginger I think. The carrot cAke ones had a small carrot grated finely and a tsp of mixed spice..... These were very nice warm

Great, I will give these a go at the weekend for a change.

;)

Does anyone use a bun tray instead of a muffin tray to cook these in?

I thought if I used a shallower tray then I could get more muffins which means I can have 6 throughout the day.

You could spread these 'treats' (I know they are not really treats but it feels like it) out throughout the day if you get more from your mixture.

I made some this morning but they are quite dark on the bottom so I think 20 mins if too long for shallow muffins.

I think I will try 15 mins next time, does anyone know if that sounds about right?

Ta.

By the way I got a Prestige bun tray when on offer at Amazon, it is great as you don't have to grease it with this mixture, they jus slide out.

Hi DWTBF I bought a 12 hole silicone mould from TKMaxx for £4.99 the other day, its fab I just bake them for 16 minutes (i have a fan oven) for me just right ive stopped putting baking powder in doesnt really make any difference. I managed to just get 12 out of the mixture :)

Hi DWTBF I bought a 12 hole silicone mould from TKMaxx for £4.99 the other day, its fab I just bake them for 16 minutes (i have a fan oven) for me just right ive stopped putting baking powder in doesnt really make any difference. I managed to just get 12 out of the mixture :)

I do have a Prestige muffin tin which I place my silicone cases in (I use the tin for support for normal muffins but these don't rise as much), but I only seem to get 8 so I will try putting less mixture in. I normally cook for 20 mins in my fan oven but shall try 16 next time.

Thanks Chris.

I have individual silicone muffin cases and MrR hates washing up 12 of them! The new 12 hole one is shallow so can easily fill 12 somehow I prefer them because like you said you can space them out during the day.

I have individual silicone muffin cases and MrR hates washing up 12 of them! The new 12 hole one is shallow so can easily fill 12 somehow I prefer them because like you said you can space them out during the day.

You are right about the washing up, they only need a quick wash really but they do seem to be a chore, perhaps it's because their are 12 to wash and dry.

:D

Oh my oh my - oat bran muffins

Finally made some and they are just yummy. I used recipe from Dukan site:

6 tablespoons oat bran
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
5 tablespoons yoghurt

I added:
2 teaspoon mixed spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons Gogi berries

Made six - three days worth

I get 10 / 2 days worth from the toffee muffin recipe I swap the toffee muller for home made yoghurt then use different flavours ... This week I have rhubarb & cinnamon , lemon & ginger, carrot & mixed spice :)

Teddy67 said:
Oh my oh my - oat bran muffins

Finally made some and they are just yummy. I used recipe from Dukan site:

6 tablespoons oat bran
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
5 tablespoons yoghurt

I added:
2 teaspoon mixed spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons Gogi berries

Made six - three days worth