Cruise PV Tomato Soup

dukandebut

Goat herder(ess)
Tomato Soup
(Thanks again to the lovely WW people for the recipe. Slightly adjusted recipe to make it more Dukan-friendly.)

Serves 4

1 large onion, chopped
2 celery sticks, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
450ml hot vegetable stock
1 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
2 tblsp tomato purée
1 tblsp dried mixed herbs
1 tsp sweetener
1 tsp cornflour

To serve: 4 tblsp fat-free fromage frais

Put onion, celery and garlic in large saucepan and pour in stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Simmer for 5 mins. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, dried herbs and sweetener. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 5 mins.

Liquidise soup in batches with blender and return to the pan. Blend cornflour with a little cold water and stir in.

Reheat gently, stirring until soup thickens. Cook for another minute or two.

Serve with a tablespoonful of fromage frais in each dish.

Yum - and I imagine it would still work without the cornflour

Yum - and I imagine it would still work without the cornflour

Yes, I'm sure it would. The recipe originally stated 1 tblsp, which I reduced to 1 tsp, so I don't think cutting it out completely would make too much of a difference. Blending the tomato, celery and onion would help to thicken it a little, and you could always leave it a little chunky for the texture if you prefer.

Just made this in prep for after had my wisdom teeth out and added some minced beef and chilli flakes and it taste great no off to the deep freeze til Wednesday

Just made this in prep for after had my wisdom teeth out and added some minced beef and chilli flakes and it taste great no off to the deep freeze til Wednesday

I'm glad it worked out for you, Nicole, especially with your poorly gums after the wisdom teeth extraction.

Back