Tomorrow has come!

thanks - im secretly rather proud of myself lol specially as im doing this on my own with only group once a week - all my kids are nice n healthy and have no family etc here....sometimes its hard to stay focussed, thats why ive set my target to be in size 14 by may....but if i can only drop down to 16 il still be happy....just dont want to get complacent lol...

Deffo with you on the whole loss/maintain aspect....and my gain was only due to xmas-and i blooming well enjoyed it lol

And of course you will have lost hun!!

although i will say ...my first week i lost 4lb which to me was a huge amount but to some might not have been enough and a couple of ladies left our group because they expected to be losing 6lb+ every week...not too realistic in my book...

soo good luck when you do weigh in :)

oops sorry for rattling so much on your thread :ashamed0005:

Yabber away hun I am happy to chat! Especially about my favourite subject weight loss.

I can't believe 6 pounds plus every week, that is insane. I did Cambridge Diet for a while and was losing a lot on that, but put it all back on. Everyday I would sit there looking at the calendar wishing for the time I would be at goal. Needless to say I never got there as I always wanted to be thinner. In a way I am glad this has happened to me as it means I am happy with a sustainable process. This is a lifestyle change, and as I have heard so many people say - not a diet.

I used to come on this website in the summer and look at all the people's diaries around the same weight as me and now I come back on and they have all lost a load of weight! At the time I would have thought "oh gosh Christmas is far too long to still be here doing the same thing" but I bet they are all as chuffed as anything and I am the foolish one for wanting the speedy weight loss!

I always heard people say "a loss is a loss" and now I truly understand what they mean!

Now I am the one yabbering on!

god cambridge diet....i tried that 3+yrs back bfore we moved here...wanted to be slim for my new life...lol...it gave me vicious headaches dizziness and depressed the hell out of me :sigh:

i tried sw bout this time last year but it wasnt the right time for me....i did lose but caved in and was too embarrassed to go back....but something snapped after the school hols....summer was awful and i felt big and hot....enough was enough.....

its still hard sometimes but i can feel the goal....i want to be slim and healthy and if it still takes me til this time next yr then so be it....diffo this time is im actually living my life whislt im doing it...not just waiting for life to begin when im slim lol.

oh and ive got two dress sizes to drop to get to 14...well i say 14....im usually 12 bottom and 14 top lol....im already in some 16's but they must be very generous 16's lololol

wbu what size will you feel happy with?

Hey! Where did you move from?

I want to be a 12 I think. I am the other way round from you I think my "natural" shape is about a size 14 on the bottom and a size 12 on top, I have a much smaller top half! I like my shape as long as I am toned!

I have absolutely no idea what size I am at the mo I would hate to say it but I think I am an 18/20 which I don't even want to admit. I haven't been shopping for a while and have been putting on weight steadily for the past 6 months :-( x

Hi peeps!

I am soooooo hungry right now I can't wait for dinner. I am going to write out the ingredients to my tuna pasta so I can get it straight in my head as I don't know how many syns it is.

Bye for now! x

Breakfast
FF Yoghurt
Orange
Banana

Lunch
WW Bread HEb
Soft Cheese 2
Milk 2
Banana
Grapes
FF Yoghurt

Dinner

Tuna HEb + 3
Herbs
Onion
Tomato Puree 2
Tomato Ketchup 2
Cheese HEa
Garlic
Pasta

Snacks
Milk 2
Meringue, fruit and FF yoghurt 3

Exercise
Gym - 400 calories cardio, 100 sit ups and weights

Last edited:
hey im veggie too lol...im having ee today to but im having sin free version of chicken kebab n chips lol.
i moved from london area to south east coast.
enjoy ya tuna im off to have me kebab :) x

Hello Diary,

I have officially been a week on plan today. I have never been this long I am so glad that this something has clicked for me whatever it is.

Anyway, so today. My plan is to go to the gym twice a week no fail. I went yesterday and so I need to go another time. I am going to go tomorrow as I don't drive and it means my partner can take me. Just looked out the window and it is snowing again. I really want to do some exercise today so will walk into town and then go on my exercise bike for half hour me thinks.

I am going to go look in Monsoon as I saw some good sales stuff when I walked past the other day. Although looking at the weather right now we will see.

If not I will possibly do my dance exercise dvd. I have never done it before so should definitely give it a go me thinks. I wanted to sign up for a street dance class at my gym and was gutted to see that it had been shut :-(

Anyway that's enough from me. Will probably update later!

Bye x

Saturday 9th January

Breakfast

Orange x 2
Banana

Lunch
Beans
Mushrooms
Sausages
Tom Ketchup 1
Bread HEb

Dinner
SW chips (yum!)
Spaghetti hoops
2 x quorn burgers 1
Tomato Ketchup 1

Snacks
Popcorn 2.5
Meringue 6
Mini Milk 3
Toast HEb
Cheese HEa x 2

Last edited:
My goals for 2010

1) To drive (passed my theory just need to do the practical)
2) Obviously weight loss
3) Do a creative writing course and start writing
4) Find a new job
5) InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator

These will b reviewed every 12 weeks as to my progress

x

Last edited:
I have had a really hard day today. Well I say really hard, not half as hard as I have found other days when I have attempted this diet. I think the only reason is that I have been at home all day, snowed in and really want fooooddd! And not good food!

So I allowed myself slightly more syns today, but I'm not sure if I went over them or not? May have slightly but even though I allowed myself more I didn't go over that much which is very good for me.

Anyway, That's enough rambling. Off to bed. I literally cannot wait for weigh in on Monday! I tried to take a sneaky look today but my partner had taken the batteries out of the scales lol!

Night x

Hello!

Well I must say I feel fantastic. I am reluctant to say it as I really don't want to jinx how I am doing.

I am sooo looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. I cannot contain myself 1st weigh in!

I have a dilemma though. I have been eating rice noodles and just looked up the syn content on slimming website and it says 15 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will ask my consultant tomorrow though and see.

Bye for now x

hey hiya you!
hows it going? wi??
ive stuggled since the snow, had bit of blip yesterday....was cold n hungry...fed up of being stuck in the house...fed up with kids off school...and hormonal to boot...:cry:
Going to go catch up with my diary...just wanted to wish you luck tonight if thats when your going x

Hi Blufizz,

Sorry to hear that. Are you feeling better today? How much of a blip?

I am really upset to be honest. I went to weigh in and lost 1/2 a pound. I don't understand. I have stuck by it 100% and also exercised. I cried when I got out. I just don't know what to do. I thought this was the answer to my weight problem and now this.

I know I said a loss is a loss and that is fine a bit further down the line but the first week? I don't see why.

If anyone is reading and has any clue please write as I just don't understand and am at a loss. I don't want to give up but I can't lose 1/2 a pound a week or less :cry:.

x

Monday 11th January

Breakfast

Orange
Yoghurt

Lunch
Orange
Yoghurt
Egg
Quorn sausages

Dinner
Jacket potato
Beans
Cheese (HEa x 2)

Snacks
Meringue 6
Yoghurt
Fruit
Mayo 2.5
Curly Wurly 5
Toast HEb
Low fat spread 1

Last edited:
aww hun xxx
i dont really know what to say to make you feel better....just dont give up on sw!!

before you started on slimming world had you been cutting down anyways? or on cambridge still?
Many first timers at first can lose a lot simply becos - and this is going to sound so nasty but i can say it becos its what i have done too - they binged leading up to starting sw or their eating habits were just out of controll....and once you stop this way of eating and start a diet plan of course you could potentially lose a lot the first couple weeks....

it may be that you wernt eating massive amounts to start with and your fat burning hasnt kicked in yet...also maybe your not eating as much free food as you think you are....you have to eat enough to fire your body up to burn the fat....and keep it fired up if that makes sense...

it could even be because you maybe dont have several stones to lose 15 sins is too high.....oh and what bout those noodles??? :) you akso do a lot of exersise dont you....im sure that has a bearing on actual lbs lost and muscle gained..?

Hun there could be several reasons..but....keep going!! any new eating regime takes time.

do any of your clothes feel looser?
do you feel any healthier for eating the right food now?

There are sooo many reasons to carry on and not give up hun....give your self and your body time to get going....

make sure you write everything down on paper not just online - that way youl see exactly where your sins are going and what your eating...going slightly over sins each day and not eating nuff free food can deffo affect lbs lost...almost like youve maintained

you have to eat anyway yeh?
so surely eating well is better than eating crap???....

im here if you wanna chat ....il log in every day if you need someone to talk to...just dont give up cos you can do this!!!

Back