Tomorrow has come!

Ahhhh Blufizz that was such a nice reply thank you so much. I was gutted but I seem to have avoided bad food and am carrying on. I am giving it one week and see what happens.

Maybe I have not been counting the syns properly? And like you say maybe it was the rice noodles? I checked them out and they had 6% oil so that might have something to do with it.

Also I have been trying to do this diet a while just always over eating on the syns so maybe my body is used to the kinds of foods I am eating??

The reason I was so upset is because I do actually feel better in myself so couldn't understand why I hadn't lost anything so maybe like you say it might be exercise as I do do a fair bit at the gym... I just couldn't believe it!

I am definitely taking in what you say about writing what I eat down and also gonna making sure I am eating plenty of free food.

And a good point you raise is definitely about the fact that I'm gonna have to eat anyway. So I may as well give it another week. This week I am going to be so careful and also count syns overly so for example write 2 for tomato ketchup if I think I may have had more than 1 spoonful.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write to me, your reply has helped so much. How are you? x

Tuesday 12th January

Breakfast

Yoghurt
Satsuma
Banana

Lunch
Bread HEb
Soft cheese HEa
Milk HEa
Grapes
Satsuma
Apple

Dinner
SW chips
Burgers 3
Tomato ketchup 2
Spaghetti hoops
WW bread HEb
Lettuce
Cucumber

Snacks
Meringue 8.5
Yoghurt
Mini milk 1.5

Exercise
Gym - 400 calories cardio and 100 sit ups

:) hiya you!
soo glad you are sticking with it...

If you go back to eating rubbish youl feel tons worse than when you only lost a little and still lot worse even if you maintain or gain on the sw plan....dont let your mind take control lol

theres always a reason for maintain/gain and sorry to say its prob cos of what you eat or dont eat that you forgot bout lol...keeping a log that you
can have in front of you to write down what your having or going to have i find invaluable...i simply cant keep on track if i dont .

I went to wi this morning and id lost 1lb - its totm and first real week back into the plan-im sure my 3 week break is still trying to catch up with me lol - so im not too dissapointed - 1-2lb a week is the average safe way to go and will ensure it stays off - i didnt get all my weight over night so it sure as hell aint gunna melt away over night either lol :D

The snow is getting me down and kids off school again....and the tv isnt working lol...not a good day today ...im a comfort eater and im finding it hard right now....just got to stick with it and try to find some motivation.

have good day x

Hi Blufizz,

How are you doing? Well done on your loss that is really good. I keep thinking about what you say about "I didn't get my weight gain overnight so I sure as hell won't lose it straight away". Made me laugh but is very true! x

Dear diary,

I haven't updated my diary for a couple of days as I have been soooo busy. I won't lie though yesterday I had a blip and ate chocolate which now I feel really bad about. Once I have some it just makes me want more. I went to the shop today and was looking at the chocolate thinking "I can turn this into a one day blip or a two day binge" and I knew I couldn't do it.

I guess this journey isn't going the way I wanted it to go. Now I'm really worried for weigh in. I know I will probably have maintained or even worse gained and it will be horrible. But I know I have to go and don't have a choice. I can't let myself get complacent because of a mistake I made.

I really need to up the water as don't seem to be drinking much lately and need to.

I have bought a book called "Never say diet" by Chantel Hobbs which I am reading at the mo. Have just started it but looks quite good. It is about getting your head out of the mindset of dieting.

Bye for now peeps. x

Saturday 16th January

Breakfast

Special K HEb
Milk HEa

Lunch
Jacket pot
Beans
Cheese HEa

Dinner
Bread HEb
Extra light soft cheese 4
Oranges
Yoghurt

Snacks

Meringue 6
Babybel 3

Last edited:
hey there hows it going? havnt been online for couple days and only jumping on quick now lol.

Im doing ok...went over my sins last night and just bout to go look up online how much mr kiplings ice fancies are lol..
sooo you see we all have blips...forget yours and carry on as normal the next meal/day etc....

i dont know bout you but me losing weight is not a quick fix thing...i need to change the way i eat full stop ..long term....

so this time round ive decided to be nicer to myself-not so critical or labelling myself "useless"...im learning something new and that akways takes time and practise...

im not ever going to put my life on hold til im slim again nor am i gunna wait for a "magic" weight loss because hun it really isnt going to happen over night-just think of all the loose skin we'd end up with if that came true :D....

Sins- they say twen 10 and 15...i was losing on 15 but have tried to lower it to 10 but i cant lol...so i try to stay within 12 now....see how it goes...id start with 15 then you have extra to fall back on when your feeling a bit off or hormonal...being able to have that curly wurly etc and still be within your sins and on track can really make all the difference.you can aleays lower it when the youve lost a fair bit

tc x

Hi Blufizz,

Good to hear from you. That's really good that you look at your syns when you go over, I think I will do that too. I tend to just do it and forget about it the next day.

You're extremely right about the quick fix thing. I am making sure I am going to class on Monday as I know I have to do that. I can't throw in the towel and say "well that's it I've had a blip" I know I have to keep going. My boyfriend was like "Oh just go the week after" but I know that won't achieve anything. I probably won't have lost or even put on :)eek:) but I have to face up to it!

Ummm yummy ice fancies! I think I am going to try to stay below 10 from now and see how I get on. If I go to 15 then so be it, but I think putting 10 as my upper limit could be a good thing.

Hope you had a great weekend. I tried to look for your diary but couldn't find it. Speak to you soon x

Dear diary,

So weigh in tomorrow. I wish I was looking forward to it! We will see how it goes eh!

I have decided now to keep my syns a bit lower. Will see how I get on. Loving the Chantel Hobbs book she is great. I would recommend it to anyone.

Think I might sign up for a spinning class this week. Have never tried it before so we will see! Hopefully I can go at my own pace, I heard they are quite hard!

Also signed up for Race for Life today! Before I got a bit slack with my running (I got a bit bored with it) I was running about 2 miles at a time. That was only 2 months ago I would say so I should be able to train to be able to run 3 miles by the time it comes around. That is my goal anyway.

Bye for now x

Sunday 17th January

Breakfast

Readybrek HEb
Milk HEa
Satsuma

Lunch
Jacket Potato
Tuna HEb
LF Mayonnaise 2.5
Sweetcorn

Dinner
Quorn sausages
SW chips
Spaghetti hoops

Snacks
Popcorn 2.5
Banana
Satsuma
Toffee Muller Light x 2
Bread 6
Tomato ketchup 1

12 syns... a bit than I wanted but oh well still on track!

Last edited:
Hi there,

I've just read your posts and do really feel for you - I also had a really slow start on SW but over the last 5 months have lost 20lbs after sticking with it.

Looking at you food diary it strikes me that you might get bored with the food - have a look at the recipe pages on here or invest in a SW cook book. I found once I was fully in my SW head space adapting my food choices and cooking has become so much easier - I really don't feel like I am on a "diet" at all but I am still loosing on average a 1lb a week.

Keep at it, I am sure you will be successful - if not quite at the speed you (we all) want!

Hello Jules!

Thank you for your advice it is great to get other's points of view.

I have started to put together a recipe book for myself of things that I can look at and think of meal ideas. I can see what you mean about getting bored... and this could be leading to the reason why I'm not losing weight as I am sticking to the same foods. I don't know as not an expert but maybe it might be that.

Again, thanks for that I will definitely keep it in mind.

x

my group leader is always saying to people that stay the same or put on to mix is up a bit and try EE, red or green - or superfood only (I find that nigh on impossible though).

Good luck and keep us posted x

Hi Blufizz,

Good to hear from you. That's really good that you look at your syns when you go over, I think I will do that too. I tend to just do it and forget about it the next day.

You're extremely right about the quick fix thing. I am making sure I am going to class on Monday as I know I have to do that. I can't throw in the towel and say "well that's it I've had a blip" I know I have to keep going. My boyfriend was like "Oh just go the week after" but I know that won't achieve anything. I probably won't have lost or even put on :)eek:) but I have to face up to it!

Ummm yummy ice fancies! I think I am going to try to stay below 10 from now and see how I get on. If I go to 15 then so be it, but I think putting 10 as my upper limit could be a good thing.

Hope you had a great weekend. I tried to look for your diary but couldn't find it. Speak to you soon x

hiya you :) "BLUFIZZ MUNCH MEMOIRS" its with food diarys...havbt managed to get on there ,.sooo id better go there later and update things...

stick with things hun...good luck tomorrow and speak later x

Hi peeps!

Well weigh in this week and wasn't expecting to lose a thing... I lost 3.5 pounds and am Slimmer of the Week! I could not believe it! I have my sticker firmly on my book I LOVE IT!!! Best feeling ever :) x

Monday 18th January

Breakfast

Orange
Banana
Muller light

Lunch
Bread HEb
Muller light
Satsuma
28g low fat soft cheese 2

Dinner
Pasta