• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Tomorrow I am going to experiment!

I am going to try to make my own vegetable crisps, baked in the oven.

I love the ones from Aldi and the kettle chips ones too, so thought I'd try to make my own to snack on.

Anyone ever done it?!

If successful I will post about it in the recipes. They would be great for christmas nibbles if they work out!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hi.. I have done parsnip ones they were nice.. in the oven on a baking sheet.

Thing is have to get them thin enough but too thin and they burn...

Let us know how you get on.. I also tried the lasagne ones but not for me I don't really like doritos and that is what they were like.

Good luck!

I used to make crisps all the time from sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots and turnips.

I baked them until they were brown and then left in a warm oven to crisp up. Sometimes I put salt on them.

They're very nice and got me through many a film, as my munchies of choice are crisps!

Sounds good! Ive never tried veggie crisps, but love roasted parsnip, butternut squash etc, so will have to give this a whirl!
I love the lasagne crisps, but I am limiting myself them to once a week...didnt effect my loss last week (lost 7lbs).

Groan!!!! Lol

the trick is to put your oven on as low as possible and cook them overnight. that way they become more dried out than burnt! i did it with tomatoes were amazing!

Well, they were quite successful but I think I need more attempts. I was not very patient so didn't have the oven on for long enough at a low temperature...and I struggled to get them all thin enough - some were but some were a bit thick.

I did beetroot (worked well but disappeared!) carrot, parsnip and sweet potato - all very tasty but just not quite right. Still, once cooked I ate them! LOL!

Will try again tomorrow I think and do them more slowly. Also I think I need a food processor that slices things more thinly/evenly than my clumsy hands! Luckily I think Father Christmas is bringing me a magimix!

Oohh great idea - I was going to do some and use the Moulinex, but I'll try the swivel peeler I have.

I think you can buy those mandolin things fairly cheaply these days too.

I have the 'big v' slicer...last Xmas's big rip off kitchen gadget! lol Would be ideal for these though. Must try it ;-)