Toning bum and thighs

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by dreaming.of.a.slimmer.me, 19 August 2007 Social URL.

1. dreaming.of.a.slimmer.me

dreaming.of.a.slimmer.me Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Can anyone give me some good excercises for toning bum and thighs? I know bum 'walking' is meant to be good, but what do others suggest? I have a small waist and flat tum but my gluteous maximus and thighs need work lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vodaka999

vodaka999 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Squats and lunges seriously are the BEST exercises for toning those areas, try doing 3 sets of 20 of each and you should start to see the difference. I have also been told star jumps work those hard to reach bum muscles that otherwise generally do nothing much at all but i dont know how true that is

4. TwoPoundsPerWeek

TwoPoundsPerWeek Full Member

I agree with vodaka about squats and lunges-they are fantastic for toning the glutes and thighs. A website that I really like for exercises is Fitness on SELF.com. There are tutorials for various exercises that guide you through the techniques and assist with proper form.

5. TwoPoundsPerWeek

I agree with Vodaka on the squats and lunges-they really ARE the best for toning the glutes and thighs. I also like the Self.com fitness area for tutorials on how to do various exercises with proper form and technique, and they often have videos targeting specific body parts.

6. LisaL

LisaL Full Member

Diet:
    Low Carb
    Riding a bike makes a difference too! :) Since I started doing 40 minutes 3 times a week on the statioary bike at the Gym- my shape changed quite dramatically & that was without a lot of weight change too. I was trying to cut down, but not as seriously dieting as I am now! ;)

7. TwoPoundsPerWeek

I'm not really sure why my post above showed up twice, and I can't figure out how to delete it. Sorry-I hate double posts. They're annoying.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.