Tonsil Op advice

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by letsgetlosing, 26 August 2011 Social URL.

1. letsgetlosing

letsgetlosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Hi all
    My 4 year old has just got his date through for his tonsils and adanoid removal operation in 2 weeks.
    It now seems very real and to say Im worried is an understatement! Not worried about the op, just the thought of my little boy in a surgery environment and being upset afterwards :((

Was wondering if any of you have had children who had the op, and if you can offer any advise about what to do in his aftercare :)

Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MiniBean

MiniBean Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.94%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Sorry to hear about all of this. I'm not a parent, so can't advise on anything from a parental point of view I'm afraid.

I did, however, have the exact same operation when I was the same age as your son. I have lovely memories of the doctors and nurses in the hospital, particularly as they dressed my teddy bear up in a surgery mask and hat!

I think what helped me the most as a child was that my parents bought me a book called 'Lucy Loses Her Tonsils', about a girl who was going to have the same op done. It helped me understand what was going to happen. It's an old book now (I'm now 24!), but copies are still available on the 'net. I'd recommend getting something like that for your son so that he understands what's going to happen in a reassuring, positive way. That way, at least, you will know he isn't feeling scared of the unknown.

Hope it all goes well. x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.