Too many carbs ???? I don't know!

Miss Bean

For dinner I'm having a curry.

I am making it with beef.

But I have added 3 small mushrooms, 1 cup of celery, half a cup of spinach and half a cup of broccoli and cauliflower combined.

I will be adding 1 tablespoon of curry powder which is 2.5 g

Earlier in the day I had 1 cup of salad leaves with 1 spring onion and a few slices of cucumber with chicken and feta.

Is this too many carbs for the day ???

Sorry curry powder is 2.3g

I got scared so i put 1 and 1/2 teaspoons in instead :)

Hi Ms Bean

lost 11lb on exante but hated the food replacements. atkins low carb is the way.

Ive just posted a new thread, hopefully it will be approved concerning just your concerns.

I have not found a source of reliable information concerning carb content for a single item.

The first question you have to ask is how big was your cup?
You might be well in the 20g if thats your aim, if its over, it cant be that much over, they are all low carb veggies.

It seems to me that getting anxious over a gram or 2 of carb today might bring on stress and fretting. What do you think?

I just learned that I can have either avocado or olives, I had both on my tuna salad tonight. However, I may too have been over the 20g for the day.

If it were me,Id cook it all have all the meat in the curry and some of the veg, if im too fulto eat the rest of the veg - bin it and start again tomorrow.

Consistency choose a book with the carb contents of raw items, and get some reliable scales and if you stick with one set of measurements, the consistency will surely produce results

Enjoy your meal

Good luck

I really couldn't coment on the carb values as you havent put any weights.

It certainly doesnt sound to excesive and you are eating the right stuff, my only concern is that you're not getting enough:p

looks ok to me BUT how do you get half a cup of broccoli and cauliflower!!

i cant, 1 big floret and the cup is full grrrr....

bet you dont eat it all anyway, xxx

Not getting enough!!! Oh no...I am struggling with butter...it's just not something I use. I think I am developing a cheese addiction but when I weighed 4oz cheese (I read in one of my Atkins books you can have this much) it seemed like so much...I couldn't imagine eating that much!

Missy- It didn't seem to give me a lot of cauli or broccoli though....maybe I should just have some more lol.

The cup is a normal size tea mug. Nothing excessive. I hope this is right. Not unless I should get a tea cup but that seems far too little.

I only eat a teaplate's worth of food at each meal. I'm just not hungry especially after a powdered diet. ugh. :)

give it time you will be i have days not hungry and other could eat for britain

Looks fine to me as well

bin it and start again tomorrow.
No keep any left overs and use them for breakfast. I do.

Yes a normal Tea/Coffee mug is about right, 3 of them a day of Chopped veggies and you'll be fine, especially if it's green leafy veggies.

Back