Too many syns

faerieheavyboot

I've been poorly this week and overindulged in comfort food. At a guess I've had about 70 extra Syns this week. Weigh in is on Saturday and now worried that I'll have put on weight :( finding it really hard to just draw a line under it and carry on. Any motivational advice would be a great help.
Kate x

Firstly, if you have been poorly then you shouldn't even be worrying about your Syns. The main thing that you focus on is you and becoming better.

Secondly, if you have a gain, you have a gain. There's nothing you can do now - you can't un-eat those Syns (unfortunately!) All I can suggest is that, if you're feeling better now, get back into the plan to limit the damage. Also, drinking lots of fluids may help.

Thirdly, and most importantly, please please please go to group. It doesn't matter if you have gained, nobody is there to judge. In fact, you might completely surprise yourself, and the result may not be half as bad as you expected! The important thing is that you go to group, find out how you did and draw a line under it. Sunday is a new week and a fresh start.

You can do this, just believe in yourself and the plan and you'll get there!

Hope that you're feeling better soon. Big hugs xx

Hi Kate, I ate more syns than I should've this week and thought I would have lost nothing. Miraculously I still managed to lose 2.5lb. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this weight loss lark. If you've had a bad week go easy on yourself - the results may not be as bad as you think. Even if you have a 'maintain' or a slight gain try to think that 'tomorrow is a new day' and get yourself back on track. Good luck xx

When you're not well it's hard to stay on plan, some people can't eat at all when they're ill and even that can cause a gain. You might have put on but don't worry about it, worrying about gaining will only make it even harder to draw that line under it all. It's one week out of how many?? Stay focused on the future - yes you might gain this week but next week you'll lose that gain and be back on track, in a few weeks you'll have lost even more.

Don't let this ruin the whole thing. You have a couple more days until WI so start putting it right, get back on track, ignore what happens on the scales on Saturday (but as Stevie has said definitely go to group!!!!) and basically pretend those 70 syns never happened! The more you dwell on it the harder it gets!

xxxx

Well I went out for a meal last night with the fella, it's been planned for ages and I was looking forward to it soooo much. Must have consumed about 50 syns in that meal but it was so worth it! Now I am back on plan, worrying a bit about weigh in on Mon but also trying to look at it in perspective...one bad WI week isn't going to ruin my weight loss journey and nor should it yours.

Hope you're feeling better.:)

JimofTroy informs me that all food ate whilst ill is free -FACT :)

In reality, if you are ill the last thin you want to be worrying about is whether what you are eating is good/bad for you. I know i have been a bit lax this week on the syns front due to having a nasty cold. My meals have all been SW friendly, but I cannot say the same for snacks.

Hey, my friend had a large gain last week due to being I'll, but we are weighing in tonight, and shes said the wii fit told her on monday she had lost most of the weight she put on due to being Ill cause she drew a line under it on Thursday night and started a fresh friday morning, you just have to say your Ill and have comfort ate you know what's caused it so next week you can put it right.

Back