too much exercise???

sian69

hi everyone
just after a bit of advice of you knowledgable lot, this is my first week doing slimming world and i get weighed on tuesday evening. I have read in a few places not to overdo the exercise before weigh in as you can weigh heavier?, i do bootcamp 5 days a week, monday to friday so my question is do i go easy before weigh in or just carry on as normal? i have been doing this for a couple of months so its not a new thing.
i seem to be getting conflicting advice, my consultant says the more exercise the merrier and i do enjoy doing it but also don't want to weigh slightly heavier due to lactic acid etc.
it would be great if i could have your input.
many thanks
sian

If you've been doing it for a while then its unlikely to affect your losses,if u suddenly increase exercise your body retains water around the muscles to repair them but after a few weeks of continued exercise the water disperses xx

I think as long as you have 1 rest day a week you are fine todo as much exercise as you feel you can. It is good for you definitely. It might affect your weight loss in the short termn, as Emma says, but in the long run it levels off.

If its nothing new for you then carry on. People have the problem when they go from sitting on the couch 24/7 to suddenly doing full on exercising. The body then has to adjust to a new diet as well as new exercise.

Who cares what the scales say! If your exercise and don't loose I can bet you've lot inches!
I do about 10 hours exercise a week! Mainly running and weights! And never gained weight!

Although I think the main danger is exercising and not eating more. I eat more on the days I exercise! I find I I don't then my losses are smaller!

Back