Tools, tricks and technology

He was still in warranty so they just gave him a new phone. It might just be that your sim is slightly out of whack though. If you do need a new tray I'm guessing they're available on ebay for pennies

At 99p what have you got to lose! (Aside from 99p...)

I am proud of myself :) have downloaded a programme that has allowed me to sync my itunes to my wildfire :D

Talk to me about external hard-drives please!
I need some help! :D

My phone memory is full and my computers hard-drive is full. I need to take off 6000 photos off my phone and tidy up my computer at the same time.

I want one that I can dip into when I feel like it, so not something that I fill and put I a draw. Quite like the look of the stand up booky types. I have quite a few movies on the computer too, and have no idea about memory size!

Idiot terms would be fab! :D Thankies

Hey Div - I am the new owner of one of these - LACIE Hard Disk 2 TB External Hard Drive - Design by: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I got mine for about £80, and I'm loading everything on there. Then when I want to see them I just plug it in and off I go! Easy to set up too :)

iPhone update - woohoo back in the land of smart phones, got my replacement phone and everything synced up fine, I had so missed my music! :)

Well done on the syncing to wildfire, Bren!

I ended up getting a Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1TB USB 2.0 it was £59.99, I figure I can always get another one if I fill it, thanks though

Hi Susie
Phew must be a relief to have an iPhone again :)

Bit of an odd one - I read something, possibly on this forum but I'm not sure, where someone was able to track the movements of their grandparents with some kind of app. It let them know if the person they were tracking hadn't moved for a certain length of time and where they were in the house so you could tell if they hadn't got up in the morning or had been in one place in the hallway for an unusual length of time.

Does anyone know what that could be?

I can see that app working until they leave the phone on the table and dont pick it up! Is it iphone tracking app?

I genuinely have no idea but I imagine they wear something like a bracelet with a monitor in. Wish I could remember the post.

Yes i remember reading it too - so it probably was on here lol!

Suggest you try searching for elderly monitoring devices - the power of google :D I imagine the technology is and will continue to develop in leaps and bounds!

Back