Tools, tricks and technology

Lol Katie. I keep demanding an ipad in the same manner but demanding one from myself doesn't work so well.

I ordered it on monday night and it has made it a really long week as nobody could be in to sign for it till Saturday!

Well, after a bit of a false start when I found out the phone was locked and I had to spend 40 minutes on the phone to Virgin getting it unlocked, and a few hiccups here and there, I am at last getting to grips with it, but have had to send it to bed now for recharging as the battery is nearly flat after 12 hours of nearly constant use lol

Oh the batteries are bad and 12 hours is about right! Such a shame batteries havent keep up with technology! What you now have is not a phone, its a computer and so much more, there in the palm of your hand! :D

Just loaded 2 photos to facebook directly from the camera - that was quite impressive! Still have loads to learn about it yet, the manual is 188 pages long :eek::eek::eek:

I took a week out of daily life to learn to use my phone! Mine came with 4 instructions only on a tiny card! How to take battery cover off, how to put battery in, how to turn on and something else that was just as useful!

New iPad on the 25th, Katie? :)

Hi Michael
Yes just been checking out the reviews and think I "need" to treat myself to one :)

Whether I'll be organised enough for 25th is another question - heads off to check out preorders!

Are they doing pre-orders thing time around? I think read somewhere that they aren't?? Hope I'm wrong - was hoping to pre-order one for my mum in time for mother's day!

Looks like you might be right - ill have to wait then, not a queuing sort of person lol:)

Darn it! Hate having to go outside! :D

Michael - could you be my son too please? Best Mother's day present EVER! *goes off to drop many hints*

Haha - my mum would so not appreciate it! Now if i could just get DD to buy it for me? Lol :)

Haha no problem, there's plenty of me to go around! :D

Morning techie fans

I need a new iPhone 3GS (32gb), after the last drop my one is playing up really badly, won't open apps, keeps losing signal, I have to reactivate it several times a day, etc, etc - so want a replacement one until I get a 5 in August when my contract runs out.

Know of anyone selling one? I don't care if it's white or black, just want it to work :)

Ahoy hoy,

Sorry, I don't know anyone. Have you tried taking the sim card+tray out? My friend had similar issues due to a poorly fitting sim card tray. Is it still in warranty?

Worth a try! Especially if you can keep it going until June - probably when the next new iPhone is out.

If I remember correctly, he also got the message saying that he needed to plug his phone into the computer to activate it each time the sim went out of alignment.

Back