Total Panic - Wedding Countdown

What a wonderful place to get married. I love Lanzarote. Hoping to go later this year.
Keep thinking of the wedding and you can stick to the programme. One day at a time is my motto
Irene xx

Thanks Irene, its very quiet on here today – where are all the brides!

Any recommendations on what bars to try Irene?

hi everyone

hi all.

just got back from my hen weekend. We all had a great time in swansea. I think i have put on about 5 lbs though. I drank and ate what i wanted. But it was so worth it, i will have to go and see my cdc tomorrow and start ss again. I hope i can get back into it. i have to really as the weekend shows it is sooo easy to put the weight back on. Anyway hope evryone is ok.

takecare triciax

Hi Tricia,

Great to hear you had a fab hen - sounds like a blast! Mine is the weekend after this and i am in in dilemna as to wht to do. Started SS last Wed and have lost 8lbs to date. I will have to eat and drink on the hen but want to limit damage. Have you put up much? Re-starting again is so hard but with determination it can be done!

Hey Girls,

God it’s soo quiet on here, where are all my fellow brides???

Well, Day 6 and still going strong. So far have had – Banana Tetra, Carmel Bar and 2.5 litres of water. I have to say I was so so disappointed by the bar – I was looking forward to it all day and it really wasn’t that great - L Oh well, I think I was expecting a Mars bar or something!!! Think I will go for soup later on. I had the chilli soup last night and I loved it – love spicey food so loaded it with pepper and chilli powder, filled me right up!

How are the rest of the brides?

Hello!

Seems to be just me on here but not to worry, I will keep typing away!

Day 8 for moi – had a Choc Mint with coffee shake with loads of ice for brekkie – yummy! Seem to have lost another pound since Monday so happy days!!

Having a peanut bar for lunch – never tasted before and not having high hopes after yesterday’s disappointing Choc caramel bar!

Have my hen weekend the weekend after this one – am dreading it! One, I wanted to be slim and trim for it not 13 bloody stone and 2 for the possible damage it will do. I am going to try and do a careful plan out of what to have but I am terrified esp of the alcohol. I am the hen so no escaping the drink. If I don’t eat though I know I will suffer the next day – any advise anyone?

Hi ya,
well I have not been doing very well!
i fel off the wagon and couldn't stick to sole sourcing, so i am having a shake for breakfast and lunch and then a sensible meal in the evening. not gonna give me the fast loss that i wanted but i suppose its better than not sticking to it at all!

well done you, you're doing really well.
katie

still off the wagon

hi mitten & princess katie,

i am still off the wagon since my hen party. Even though i had an amazing time, i am starting to feel crappy now because i am putting on weight by the day. I am too scared to weigh and i am really missing my normal structure especially the water. My advice is to really plan your hen weekend. By all means have a great time with alcohol and food etc. but make sure you have your packs ready to start again after the damaging weekend. I am hopefully starting again tomorrow. Although i keep putting it off.

Best of luck ladies. Soldier on we can do this!!!!!

Thanks Welsh Wobbler,

What you are descrifbing is very likely to happen to me! I will have great intentions for the weekend but will probably eat all around me and then take another month to get back into it after that. But i can't afford to do that! Am going to have 2 packs on friday and a light evening meal with some vodka/diet 7up, Sat breakfast and then a light meal and then Sunday straight back on the narrow!

Katie, don't worry - people have great sucess with 790 as well. You have loads of time till your wedding. Perhaps after a week of 790 SS won't seem so bad. I am really suprising myself with how OK i feel, cravings aside.

Good Morning,

Another rainy day here in Dublin :cry::cry:When will it ever stop, well apparently not for the next 10 days anyway!

Day 10 for me and still here. The weekends are the worst. Have another couple staying with us Sat night so will be Chinese (my fave food ever), beer, wine a go go. I will have to sit with my soup and water.:cry::cry:

Also, have my fist wedding dress fitting tomorrow, so everyone please pray for me. The dress won't fit - i know that. But i am worried about by how much it won't fit, if you know what i mean. I am not getting married for another 10 weeks, so have some time but not if the dress is like a foot from closing. I have a sick upset stomach with nerves and i know it's from owrrying about that, so a rough weekend ahead.

How is everyone else doing?

Hi Mitten,

Take a deep breath and let it out slowly:D

Good luck with your dress fitting tomorrow - if it doesn't fit beautifully then you have 10 weeks to do something about it. I'm sure you will look beautiful - take some pics so we can all see the progress and the ever shrinking dress:p

You asked me a question on Honey-dd's thread so I thought I would pop along and read your diary and answer on here.

Yes I got married in May (26) this year - there are some pics on my gallery and my diary is still on the brides to be pages.

I had a fantastic hen weekend away 2 weeks before my wedding and put on 6lbs:eek: but managed to lose 5 off them before the wedding. I then took a month off the diet and gained 8 lbs - I have since lost 4lbs but I am struggling a bit. It all seemed so easy the first time around and my incentive has now gone so I'm not as motivated.

I'm sure you will have a fantastic hen weekend and TBH you should just forget the diet and have fun - prob eat sensibly (not like me - Pizza at 2am!!!) and keep up the water intake (again not like me)

You then have 8 weeks to get back on track, and be a beautiful bride.

Good luck with your friends coming around for chinese (my DH had chinese last nite and although I didn't like the dishes he chose I was ready to chew his arm off:eek:) I didn't and drank my water, reading HP book 5 before I go to see it tonight.

Keep up the good work and I am sure tomorrow will be a wonderful experience for you.

Take care

I forgot to ask have you done your measurements - before and now??

I lost a lot of inches all over during my first cd journey(my bust went from d cup to a cup too:cry:)

You might be amazed at the difference

Thanks Lenny,

Going to have a read of your diary now.

I know i really need to relax, getting this worked up is not good for me! My stomach is in knots and i am not even hungry, again fom the nerves. I hope i don't have to feel like this for the next 10 weeks!!!!

I think i will take your advise re the hen weekend, try to be sensible as possible. It's getting back on track that worries me, then again if i can't do it 2 months before the wedding, i probably should forget about the whole thing!!

I took my measurements the night before i started CD and am going to take them again this weekend, should be interesting!

Thanks for your kind words!:)

relax about it all if your more relaxed you will enjoy everything about weight loss and taking time off :),

im sure with all the motivation of wanting to look great on your wedding day a few days off wont change that you will gain but it will come off quickly so try not to worry and do your best to keep the water up makes it easier to get back on i find :D and take pics of your dress fitting ,

we love pics on here i have loads but ill put mine up when and if i get to target lol but i know already that ill have to have my dress taken in or a new dress lol (love spending money i do lol)

your doing so well already keep it up and remember cd is not your life its part of it so if you take time off that's ok it is not that bad as long as you don't feel guilty and blow it just see it as a break and then re start fresh for the next lot of inch and pound loss

Thanks Honey DD.

You're right i really need to realx - weddings are a blinking nightmare! I am getting major hassle today about the plans for the wedding planner and also my poor BM is getting stress from the hotel about our hen!

Won't be doing any squeezing into my dress photo - think i might be too depressed too see it, but i will be doing my measurements. It's amazing the way the flab just seems to melt away. Only on Day 10 and i can already feel the difference in my clothes - it's like magic!

Just having a black tea now and my orange choc bar - :):)

Good Morning All,

Well, had a horrible horrible weekend! I am nearly relived to be back in work and away from it all. Being on this diet at weekends is just so depressing! I was in my boyf’s house for the weekend and felt so miserable sitting in on Friday night watching everyone guzzling wine and beer and eating. I was like a witch I was in the worst mood. Do others find this diet hard as h*ll to deal with at weekends?

Then the worst of all, Saturday, I had my first dress fitting. The dress wouldn’t even come up over my hips. I burst into tears as soon as I got out of the shop and was inconsolable. I knew the dress wouldn’t fit – I was 13 stone trying it on on Saturday and just under 11 when I bought it. So why would it? But still..a little bit of me hoped it would just be a bit tight, not that it actually got stuck on my hips!

So, I am going back in 5 weeks time again to see how it is. I need to have 1.5 stone off by then and my hen is this weekend, Girls, I am stressed out to the max about this and having trouble sleeping etc – I can’t believe it.

The only good thing is that I kept to the plan 100% - didn’t crack under the stress or anything so that’s one positive and I seem to have another 2lbs off.

Sorry for the miserable post but one sad Mitten here!!!

Dont worry

hi mitten.

Firstly take a deep breath and relax......you should be excited and getting ready to have a really good weekend. You will only get one chance of having a hen weekend (well hopefully). You are on track you are doing very well on your diet, and you will lose the weight you want. Just make sure that you get straight back on it monday. I have started again today after a whole week off. I was only suppose to have that weekend off but i was very slack and stuffed myself for a whole week..........i feel crap now so i need to get back into ketosis.but i will do it again as i have done it before. Mitten i believe that you should try and really enjoy yourself on your hen weekend, mine was the best weekend i have ever had with a bunch of girlfriends.......make sure you have a good one and if you are struggling whwn you get back just give me a shout.......we will look good in our wedding dresses.
take care triciax

Thanks Welsh Wobbler - Had a good think about things last night and am going to try and relax about it from here on in! I am going to have a meal Friday night, breakfast and a meal Saturday, with a few vodkas and diet 7ups, then straight back on the plan Sunday morning. I will try and stick with the healthy options available and hope that i don't do too much damage.

Poor you taking the week off, i understand how hard that is, i took a night off last May on Lipotrim and never got started again. But we are both so determined now so it will be fine. When is your wedding? How are you fixed for the dress?

Morning People,

Very quiet on here - where are Bo Lady and Princess Katie? Well, had a little weigh in this morning, Day 15 and am 13 stone on the button, so 1 stone gone so far. The weight loss is slowing down now but i can't wait to see 12 and then 11 and 10 on my scales!!

I am still very nervous about the weekend but have deicded just to get on with it, do damage limitation and try and enjoy myself. Please god i have the power to get back on the wagon on Sunday morning, hangover or not! After all, it is my hen!!!Next dress fitting is August 18th so have 4 weeks left to shift over a stone! Am going to start exercising next week - 2 x 25 mins walk each day and toning exercises as well, might speed things along!

I am in a little routine now - Tetra for brekkie, bar (peanut, orange or cranberry) for lunch and soup (made with a ton of spices) for dinner. Am getting in about 3 litres of water a day but going to try and up that to 4 and that's me.

morning

morning mitten

It is day 3 for me and believe it or not its not going too badly. It is probably easier for me to start again as i have a goal and i have a wedding dress to fit into........my final dress fitting is 13th august. i am starting to get a bit anxious about the wedding now are you? i get a sicky yet excited feeling in my stomach. Anyway well done on your weight loss and have a brill hen nite.........
take care triciax

Back