Total Restart Diary

Argh just came in to work to do a sleep in as a favor to someone and our man is on a rampage, slamming doors and banging windows. Doesn't look like I'll be getting to sleep anytime soon!!!

New ee set rotas in too which are good to a point, but I'm rota'd on every other Thursday which is weigh in :( gonna see if someone can swap but doesn't look awfully likely. Will have to look at a different group for that week - there's a few local Wednesday groups I can try :)

Still going :( other support worker isn't much bloody good either !! I'm fed up of this job, so much stress. I feel really on edge now and will struggle to get to sleep even when he drifts off as there's no way of telling. Can't wait until spring when I can sack it off and be self employed :)

I have awful trouble getting to sleep on a good day, especially so when I'm sat up like this. It's like your waiting for something to happen! Just had a 10 min lull and I nearly thought he was done but he came up again :(

so strange as I was feeling really positive about work for the first time in ages just a few hours ago. Eughhhh

note to anyone reading - don't be a support worker to people with challenging behaviour! It's not big, it's not clever and it certainly isn't rewarding!!!!

Ended up staying up most of the night with him slamming and crashing about :( came home at 9am this morning and crashed out in bed for a few hours, was lovely!!

Bit of a grotty and grey day out there today, and I'm feeling significantly unmotivated to do anything vaguely productive. Have been sat on my bum most of the day on my laptop being lazy!! Am going to have a day on the allotment/in the garden tomorrow and monday whilst I'm off work :) Foods been good today so far, I feel like i could eat all day though!! already had 2 helpings of pasta, fruit and yogurt, and some popcorn. going to eat more fruit in a bit to try and keep me full!!!

note to anyone reading - don't be a support worker to people with challenging behaviour! It's not big, it's not clever and it certainly isn't rewarding!!!!

Hahahahahaha hilarious! Usually people say it's rewarding but I can tell they're lying so it's nice to hear the truth.

Here's some of my dinners from the last 4 nights, have been eating well but have been snacking quite a bit. Also ended up drinking 4 ciders on saturday night :( So pretty sure I'm not going to lose this Thursday, going to be super good between now and then to try and minimise the damage :)

IMG_2525.jpgIMG_2537.jpgIMG_2538.jpgIMG_2563.jpgIMG_2571.jpgIMG_2574.jpg

Stir fried rice & cashews, SW roast dinner, mixed veg & olive spaghetti, roasted butternut squash and veg rice, lemon and mint fusilli and french vegetable and sausage stew. Yum yum :)

Argh, the set rotas at work are in. Money wise its good, but its not great for Slimming World lol! I have always weighed in across the city on a thursday evening, but I'm going to be working every other Thursday. I'm never about on a friday to weigh so can't move it then, there are a few groups on wednesday but I work every other wednesday too so I'll be moving between groups. I feel it would be better to stick to one group, as much as it would upset me to leave my current group, but I'm not sure if this is even possible with my new rota :( There is a group on mondays that i could get to every week, but I've never been there before and not sure if the C is any good. I might try it out in 3 weeks (my first thursday shift) and see how she/he is...I think I need consistency more than anything, and its going to do me no good moving between all the different groups.

You're so close to goal!

Yeah, I'm going to get to 12 stone - then will go down after that, but not sure how far I want to go, so I'm aiming for 12 then am going to go down in half stones until I'm happy. I think 11 stone will be nice :) Mind you its taken me over a year to lost 3 stone, so another 2 stone is about another year lol!!

Argh. Had a rubbish day, my anxiety is through the roof today and anything sensible goes out of the window. I have had anxiety for about 8 years as well as panic attacks. I think its got worse the last few weeks due to stress I've been feeling at work, as well as losing sunlight hours and clocks going back this weekend which usually sets me off. (I have really awful Seasonal Affective Disorder) To be fair, my anxiety levels this year have been really low, and I've not been on medication either, so I've done well. Tried to get a doctor's appointment but there's none except emergency appointments until November so am going to ring early doors on Thursday and hopefully get an emergency appointment with the GP. I'm having an early night tonight, am already in bed with some sleeping tablets and a film, hopefully will have a decent night's kip before work tomorrow.

I'm hoping with all the changes at work that my worries and anxieties around my job will reduce enough or even disappear. Its such a stressful job, but at least now i'll only be working two days a week (with optional overtime) so I can focus the other 5 days on good things like my allotment, music, house etc etc. The only time I felt good today was when I was on my allotment in the mud, even though it was pissing down with rain :) distraction is the greatest cure :) Foods not been great today, have gone way over my syns. I think I'll be OK once I've seen the GP, even if its just a reassuring chat to put my mind at rest. I used to sit in this state of turmoil for months as i didn't want to be a hyperchodriac, but actually it used to cost the drs more time in the long run then me going in and 'nipping it in the bud'. I'm not keen on going on medication again, but would like to just see what other options there are and just get checked over. arghhhhh stupid mind :)

pretty sure I'll be set up for a gain this week but ahh well. theres always next week!

Awwww sorry to hear your feeling pants hun. I hope you manage to get an appt on Thurs, its rubbish how we have to wait for so long.

I hope you manage a good nights sleep, then hopefully you will get through tomorrow x

Thanks la. I have a decent stock of sleeping tablets which I also use if I'm feeling mega anxious, although they make me a bit dribbly during the day lol. But its better than being on edge. They usually have 3-4 appointments if you call at 7am, I'm gonna be up at that time anyway at work on thurs morning so it shouldn't be a problem, just have to make sure i am on it!! yep its quite a long wait, i usually try and book an appointment in advance but sometimes you can't, and I'm not sure I can hack this until 8th Nov. i hate using emegency appointments as I always think there must be someone worse off than me with a real condition or illness that is more important. I must say though, despite the sometimes long waits, I LOVE THE NHS and i wouldn't be here 3 times over without them. so much respect for what they do, and I hope the condems don't rip it apart else people like me a screwed lol

have you weighed in this week??? fingers crossed fi a loss or maintain this week hon, you deserve it :) x

The NHS are brill - it just seems a long time to wait whilst all the "regulars" seem to live there.

Ive had and seen good and bad experiences with them, but they are priceless.

I WI tomorrow chick - gulp

Why are you going down from to working only 2 days?

Pants = rubbish :)

Weighed in tonight, and lost 2lbs!! Am really surprised as I've had a funny old week, but I'll take it and run!!! Got into the 12's too, next mini target is my 3 and a half stone award :)

feeling good and back on focus now...about to go to the doctors which I'm dreading but once that's over and done with, I'm gonna eat my SW shepards pie with a glass of red to celebrate!

Back