Total Restart Diary

Elm - I'm cutting my hours as I was getting so stressed. I'm only going to be doing 2 24 hour shifts a week on set days which is much better. Overtime/extra hours will be optional so I can cope much better with this :)

got it to the doctors last night - he thinks I've sprained a muscle in my chest. My rib cartilage is inflamed and very sore, and you can't rest this area of your body!!! I'm not allowed any anti inflammatory drugs so I'm on lots of codeine lol. Also got some much stronger sleeping tablets as my sleep is awful. By 10pm last night I was practically dribbling and I only work up once during the night which is a miracle! I'm gonna get bunged up like hell on all of these tablets but I couldn't care less. Its nice to not be in pain :) got some laxatives just in case too, don't want that effecting my results on the scale next week!!!

work today, so far a quiet day which I was hoping for as I'm exhausted and in need of a quiet one. Doing a meal plan for the week ahead :)

Ouch to the chest pain - I dont envy you taking the codeine I hope your feeling better soon and that your shifts at work go without too much hassle

Ohhh I'm loving the codeine :) I have some laxatives just in case though ;)

not much pain this morning, it usually gets bad in the afternoon so we shall see. Work is still quiet :)

24 hour shifts? I can't even imagine that. I had 4 days straight of 18 hours and that short sleep was much needed.

How come people don't just say rubbish instead of pants? either way, I've been saying that yesterday at work and my coworkers kept wondering what it meant and I said I don't know and continued saying it lol

That's some strong meds you have there! I would take something right when I start feeling pain if it's possible. Glad you can finally sleep, geez.

Also, yay 2lbs!!! Well done!

24 hour shifts? I can't even imagine that. I had 4 days straight of 18 hours and that short sleep was much needed.

How come people don't just say rubbish instead of pants? either way, I've been saying that yesterday at work and my coworkers kept wondering what it meant and I said I don't know and continued saying it lol

That's some strong meds you have there! I would take something right when I start feeling pain if it's possible. Glad you can finally sleep, geez.

Also, yay 2lbs!!! Well done!

Saying pants in front of your co workers made me giggle Elm lol

Us brits have some funny sayings lol its like another language

When I say a 24 hour shift we do sleep in the evenings at work :) I've done a 4 and a half day long shift once that was horrible!! I felt like a patient by the timr I'd left!!

Eugh I take my comment back. I now feel really sick and a bit light headed. Not sure weither to take another dose tonight or leave it? Codeines never reacted like this bit I'm on a really strong dose so maybe it's just hitting me hard. I'm dopey as anything though I can't imagine sleep is going to be a problem!!

I might skip tonight's dose and just have a sleeping tablet instead. The pain really is awful though its right in my chest, not like you can rest your ribs as your constantly breathing/moving about. Will see how it goes tomorrow - I might have felt queasy as we ate dinner really quick then had to drive for an hour. I'm feeling much better now...eughhhh I hope this goes soon. I can feel my bowels turning into stone already!!! Only been a day :( going to have a laxative party before weigh in next week LOL x

Pain started coming back already so I had just 1 tablet instead of 2. I'm hoping thr sucky feeling earlier was carsickness as I can't get back to the docs until Sunday or Monday :( was so tired earlier and Sod's law I'm wide awake now, bloody insomnia!!! I'll be glade once the click change is done with it always drives me a bit mental. I've got my dawn emulator alarm clock rigged up and my LUX bulbs ready for the darker nights to hopefully stop me bring super miserable :)

Always am :) my main problem is I work a lot of nights and although we are on sleep shifts (on call if anyone needs us in the house) I can't really turn up with alarm clocks and light bulbs lol. I sleep in loads of different beds and bedrooms each week depending on where I work so its impossible to get a routine. But we try out best don't we ;)

Yeah we have to I suppose lol I only ever tried one night shift years ago when I worked in a care home, it knocked my body clock for ages. Im a 9 - 5 girl lol well kinda. I work flexi so do 7 15 to 4 30

Thankfully they ain't proper nights so we do get to kip but its not like bring at home. You wake at every sound invade you are needed. I do 2-4 nights a week its easy money most nights but when I'm ill I just want to be at home :)

flexi hours sounds amazing, you start so early!!! Sometimes we do 7am starts here which means I'm up at 6.30 yuck!!

Have had to cancel my gig down in London, I'm a dribbling mess haha. Am having a night in at home instead. I have serious codeine munchies going on though, I've eaten so much today!!!! under my syns so far, although I'm going to have to be careful as I'm in that sort of mood where i could just eat anything in sight!! am going to have sausage, mash and beans to fill me up for dinner...

Feeling much better today after a good night's rest. No painkillers so far, and made it on to the allotment for a good hour's session of digging - prime Body Magic!

Food has been good today too - not been feeling so hungry all the time.

Breakfast - melon, 2x sweet ryvita (HEXB), tbsp Jam (1)
Lunch - pasta, salad (0.5)
Dinner - vegetable curry, lentil dahl, spiced rice (6)
Snacks - cereal bar, chocolate (4), mango and pomegranite

Yesterday was good although a very lazy day as have been trying to avoid pain :)

back at work today, am working through until 8am Thursday morning thrn I have 6 days off, yayyyyy

just ts had a mini bar of green and blacks with a coffee, delish! 4 syns of heaven :)

Glad you're feeling better!

Awful day at work :( days like this it makes me so excited to leave!!!

No pain until this evening when I did some housework and it set it off. Am gonna try get another appointment tomorrow for some extra pain killers to see me through and also see if there is anything else I can try apart from do absolutely nothing. If I was to have a super busy day at work I really don't know what I'd do!! Thankfully I have codeine but it's not ideal. This weekend will be a real test :(

Don't think weigh in will be great tomorrow as the codeine has messed up my bowels :( I have laxatives but there's not really been the right time / place to take thrn due to shifts. Am gonna get out for a good walk tomorrow hopefully :)

Oh no!!! I hope you get an appt hun our bodies have to cope with so much cr@p I dont know how we cope. Hopefully your 6 days off will do you good xx

Back