Total Restart Diary

I'm mad busy so not an awful lot of rest apart from Tuesday. I have a box of codeine which will certainly help :) its just so annoying as the smallest things set it off. Chopping food/driving/cleaning Eugh. Could take days, could take months, who knows :(

appointment nr should be ok as they always leave a few for emergencies, have to get up just before 7 to call them if I'm first in line I'll be good to go :)

I hate codeine it messes me up big time - the last time I had a big gain was when i was on them I was gutted that week. It was 2lbs but seemed like 10 in my eyes as my food had been spot on grrrr

Argh that's awful!! Tis a shame as codeine is the only painkiller that works on me, any sort of opiate derivative is fine but I can't have many others. Got an appointment at 1.30 today, I love my doctors surgery they always manage to find a space :) hopefully some answers today. I'm not sure how I'm going to work if this carries on - I can't do anything around the house as it sets it off. Need to speak to doctor and see if he can come up with a painkiller regime. Or even if I am allowed some anti inflammatories but I'm not meant to have them really. Eughhhh weigh in today so fingers crossed its not a gain, I've been on plan all week!!

How did it go?

Also, what does "bore off" mean? Hahaha

lost 2lbs last week which was a right surprise!

Am nearly back home after being away since Thursday in Plymouth. was a lovely fun weekend but LOTS of bad food, junk and booze :( Lots of walking too so I'm hoping that will minimise any gains but I'm feeling a bit 'fat' at the minute so not sure how much I've gained but I'm sure its something.

Back on plan from this afternoon once I'm home and able to get out and do a shop. My ribs have been much, much better since I have been on ibuprofen. I have to stop taking it on Thursday though and I'm a bit nervous in case the pain comes back as I won't be allowed any more. Plus I can't be bothered to go back to the docs as i keep having to get emergency appointments on the morning as theres none for a few weeks. Might have to ring NHS direct or some such thing to find out what I can take as i have to be careful with medication.

Looking forward to being back on plan - am now writing up a meal planner and shopping list for the week ahead. I don't have much planned for the next 2 weeks so hopefully a good oppurtunity to lose a nice amout!!

Well done!

2lbs on last night. Cue a massive binge. Eughhhhhhh. Back on it today though and even walked to and from work. Going to aim to do this for the next week as I have late starts which are great for walking to. Off out with a mate tomorrow for foraging missions, right looking forward to that :)

Am aiming to get 2lbs off for next week...not sure how possible it is after the binge yesterday but I am going to up my superfree and exercise.

Awww sorry to hear about your gain - at least you know where its come from. Its when you cant explain it that its gutting.

Come on lady you can do it that 2 will be back off next week, think positive xx

Had an OK day yesterday - some rubbish news which could get a whole lot worse in time - but apart from that, a good day for food. Walked to and from work too which was nice. Am due in at 8pm tonight and trying to work out if its worth walking in today - will see what the rain is like nearer the time. Weighed in at 15 syns exactly yesterday.

Today was nice, met up with some mates and went foraging - got lots of sloes to make gin, apples, pears, bullaces and rosehips. Did some lovely woodland photography of wild mushrooms too :)

Not eaten an awful lot today as I've been on the move from early on, having a veg paella for dinner then some slimming world hedgerow strudel. Not entirely sure of syns as the website says (very vaguely!) to use 'small sheets of filo' which i have no idea...i have just the standard purplw wrapper filo from the supermarket so just going to use that as didn't realise there were different sizes. gonna stuff it with plum, apple, cinamon, lemon and a little bit of nutmeg for winter warmth :)

How far is the walk to work?

Walk to work if about half hour each way. I didn't end up walking last night as there were fireworks going off and they scare the proverbial out of me! Not sure if I can walk in tomorrow either as I'm staying at work for 62 hours so will have lots of food/clothes etc. will see. Plus my ribs are still sore and I'm trying to avoid painkillers as I've been on then for 3 weeks now!!

Ended we up having chips and beans as ran out of time for paella. Still cooked the strudel, it was lush! And not too high on syns either really, unless I added it up wrong. Today should be good for food also :)

breakfast - pineapple, grapes, plum, soya yogurt (1.5)
lunch - lentil soup, roll (0.5)
dinner - veg curry and rice (3)
snacks - fruit, chocolate (4). Dried apricots (HEXB) oat milk (HEXA)

Good day for food today, even snuck in some chocolate :) Not sure what I'm going to do for dinner, my ribs are really sore today so will wait until OH is home from work as he will have to chop/stir for me. Have resisted having painkillers, although I might ring NHS direct to see if i can have any more anti inflammatories as they seem to have helped as the pain isn't as bad, but its still not great.

Eating lots of fruit at the min which is good got a pineapple, grapes, apples and melon on the go at the minute :) back to work late tonight for 3 nights & 2 full days, will be long but then its plain sailing from there.

your ribs sound very painful :/ hope they get better soon! although your fruit sounds delish! now Im craving pineapple :) xx

Yep ribs are awful but I think they are slowly getting better. Still can't do too much and am going to have go take my time, blooming doctor said it would be gone in a reek that was 2 weeks ago :/

another good day today, due to codeine I've been having prunes as my health extra and they (tmi) have finally worked their magic. I feel like a new person and am all light hahahaha :D just ate a whole load earlier do I get the feeling my stomach might be a little sore tomorrow now!! All good though. Work is going ok quite slow but no major incidents all quite relaxed really which makes a change. Another full day shift tomorrow, into another night (I'm now atop work on my 4/7th sleep shift!!!) then a day off...until 9pm when I'm in for sleep number 6 zzzzzz I sometimes wonder why I bother paying rent. !!!

breakfast - pineapple, plum, grapes, soya yogurt (1.5)
Lunch - veg stir fry (3)
dinner - leek onion and cabbage bake with mixed veg and mustard (2)
snacks - chocolate (6.5), prunes, ryvita and jam (1)

Also started the 30 day squat challenge - been quite easy so far which is surprising. Did 75 tonight on day 3...wonder how many I'll be doing by the end of the month! Is something I can do in a kinda small space, no equipment needed so I can do it ago home and work. Perfect. Going to look for other challenge apps but a lot of them seem to be abs work which I am awful at, or push ups which i can't do as I have dodgy joints. Seems to be a good way for me to get doing something every day. I am tempted to start the c25k but not sure if I can hack it!!

what is the squat challenge? been wanting to add it in. I did the C25K and it is great, Although I stopped about week 5 and now do my own thing I am comfortable with :)

2lbs off tonight :) happy days!!

aiming for 3 tomorrow which is do-able providing my ribs don't give me too much hassle. That will get me my three and a half stone award :) am going away in February on holiday so I'm going to aim to be 11stone 7lbs. 17lbs to go :)

squat challenge is a 30 day thing which starts low and builds up. Today has been a rest day, I'm not looking forward to seeing how many there are for tomorrow!!! Managed to do about 40 minutes of gardening before my ribs gave way spent most of the day in bed after that except to weigh. Now back at work on my 6th night out of 7on, it's been my longest stint in a while and I'm drained but it's plain sailing from now.

Gosh sorry your ribs are still giving you trouble :( I might start the squat challenge today :) Good luck for weigh in, Im sure you will reach your target - you are just breezing through :) all the best! xx

17!!!!! So close! And well done on the weigh in!

Back