Total Solution Alia's Fight the Fat Journey

I can remember being cold the whole time I've done a TFR but there's some people who are only cold for a little while and then are normal again!!

Its so strange for me cus normally I'm always ROASTING lol!

How has your day been? How's the hubby and daughter getting on with exante??

day yesterday was good hun ty

my hubby is doing good, he is kind of doing his own thing to be fair. He has a shake and a bar at work then comes home and eats stuff he feels are appropriate. He is losing, not as fast as if he was doing TS but he joined the gym 2 weeks ago and goes every night. He really needed to loose weight as he has a problem with his heart where it can suddenly start beating too fast and he has to go to hospital to get it put back to the right rhythm so its not good for him to be carrying any extra weight. He started the day after me and has lost about a stone and a half.

my daughter is doing good, she has lost 10lb in 2 weeks, has her 3rd weigh in on Monday, so excited for her, she really needs to do this. We are going swimming tonight so I will see her and have a catch up on how she is finding it. She has messed up once as all her uni friends were going to a party and she wanted to enjoy herself so she ate a chicken sandwich and went out with them but ended up only having one drink and did n't enjoy herself cause she felt so guilty. She got right back on it the next day, so proud of her cause she does not find it easy x

Last edited:
Hope you had a nice swim alia, glad to hear you are all doing well
Have a good weekend

Thank you hun, you too.

I am now on day 26 and the last few days I have started to feel quite dreadful. I have no energy, feel really tired and weak. I just don't know whats going on. I am fine and on plan so I should be feeling really great and full of life but I don't. I had a quick peep at the scales today too and that only showed me a 2lb loss which has made me feel even worse as compared to my first 3 weeks, thats pitiful. My official weigh in is not till Monday so I suppose there is time for another pound or two. I hit ketosis on day 4 and have been in it ever since. A friend of mine mentioned that on other VLCD people over a certain weight or BMI need to take an extra pack a day to prevent the body going into starvation mode . I wonder if that is the same for Exante. I have mailed them to ask but wondering if any one here knows. I drink no less that 2 litres of water a day but always try to drink more but my skin is so dry and I have huge black circles under my eyes.

On the plus side none of this has tempted me to eat any thing, its probably made my resolve stronger if anything. I have stuck religiously to this diet, not one thing has passed my lips. It was quite comical in my kitchen last night. I had cooked my 5 year old son a microwave pizza and as i was cutting it up my finger slipped and i ended up with burning cheese on my finger and quickly went to put it to my mouth to get the cheese off but Exante mode switched on and i pulled my finger away and was dancing around trying to get the cheese off my finger fast. End result one blistered finger :-( thats how in the zone I am!

I find weekends quite hard generally as I am less busy so end up clock watching till its time to eat. I really need to get out and do something but all I want to do is get my warm blanket out and curl up on the sofa with a book or watch TV. Does not help that its chucking it down and Haydar is at school so cant even take Hana to the park. TV it is then I guess :-/

Last edited:
Hi Alia,

I am very happy to hear that your weight loss has been so good over the first 3 weeks.

I would not advise adding an extra pack to your diet as this could bring you out of ketosis and lower your weight loss.

Weight loss will differ week to week.

Any further problems please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks

Vicki

I will take that as a no then to an extra pack a day

Hi Alia, I have just read through your diary. What an incredible woman you are, I enjoyed the read! You sound a wonderful wonderful mother, You certainly have your hands full hehe :D You are doing absolutely amazing, I cannot wait to watch you shrink and shrink and shrink! You deserve every ounce of success and your attitude and resolve tell me you are going to reach the finish line here! So looking forward to following your progress :)

don't be disheartened by the loss being lower this week - it's normal. The first week is always a big one and very rarely will another loss match up to that one. Even though its a VLCD you can still expect to lose 1lb or 2lb some weeks, but more on other weeks. I'm on week 20 now and can tell you that altering little things won't change it either, some weeks I have drank no bouillon or coke zero but had a tiny loss, other weeks iv drank a litre of coke zero a day and 3 mugs of bouillon and have lost 6lbs! As long as you stay TS, you will continue to lose weigh and believe me it really does all add up! Sometimes it can seem a long way away, but it really does fly by and you are already approaching your 3st loss which is just amazing!!

Id say either consider the 4th pack for a little while, or think about a low carb meal like on WS. Maybe even just one boiled egg. But to be honest, we all experience different feelings on this plan from time to time and I'm sure if you sit it out a few days you will feel differently, with more energy :) well done hun, Your an inspiration to many :) xx

If you feel you need the extra pack have it. Or have some protein. But don't let yourself feel so awful :(

I am worried if I eat one thing it will make me want to eat more, I am king of an all or nothing girl

Hey Alia, I sympathise so much!! I know that on other VLC diets i have looked into they did advise four packs over a certain BMI, I think it was on the dietshack. By their calculations, I would have had to have four packs having a BMI over 40. So why not try it for a week? If that's all you're having you wouldn't gain weight, it might make you perk up a bit.
Don't forget that your body isn't a machine but a living thing all relying on every process in the body working well with one another. And sometimes, for no obvious reason, it has phases when it works differently. I know you're sticking to TS 100% so that in itself will help you to success, even if it's big leaps in one week and small steps another. I do hope you're feeling better soon. xxx

Hi Alia, I have just read through your diary. What an incredible woman you are, I enjoyed the read! You sound a wonderful wonderful mother, You certainly have your hands full hehe :D You are doing absolutely amazing, I cannot wait to watch you shrink and shrink and shrink! You deserve every ounce of success and your attitude and resolve tell me you are going to reach the finish line here! So looking forward to following your progress :)

don't be disheartened by the loss being lower this week - it's normal. The first week is always a big one and very rarely will another loss match up to that one. Even though its a VLCD you can still expect to lose 1lb or 2lb some weeks, but more on other weeks. I'm on week 20 now and can tell you that altering little things won't change it either, some weeks I have drank no bouillon or coke zero but had a tiny loss, other weeks iv drank a litre of coke zero a day and 3 mugs of bouillon and have lost 6lbs! As long as you stay TS, you will continue to lose weigh and believe me it really does all add up! Sometimes it can seem a long way away, but it really does fly by and you are already approaching your 3st loss which is just amazing!!

Id say either consider the 4th pack for a little while, or think about a low carb meal like on WS. Maybe even just one boiled egg. But to be honest, we all experience different feelings on this plan from time to time and I'm sure if you sit it out a few days you will feel differently, with more energy :) well done hun, Your an inspiration to many :) xx[/QUOTE

thank you so much for taking the time to write this post hun, it really has made me feel better. I guess after 3 big losses I was hoping for another. My official weigh in is not till monday so I am going to wait till then before changing anything. I think I have some water retention going on as my rings are very tight anf my ankles rather puffy - i am meant to take a water retention tablet every day but have not taken them since starting. I have bought coke zero and cherry coke zero but not touched one since I started, i have just had plain water, bouillon and i made some iced tea using the peach powder from exante. Maybe i need to treat myself and have some. Im just so scared cause i have been over weight since being a baby and i have never stuck to anything like this and i dont want to jinx it by adding things that could lead to failure.

Hey Alia, I sympathise so much!! I know that on other VLC diets i have looked into they did advise four packs over a certain BMI, I think it was on the dietshack. By their calculations, I would have had to have four packs having a BMI over 40. So why not try it for a week? If that's all you're having you wouldn't gain weight, it might make you perk up a bit.
Don't forget that your body isn't a machine but a living thing all relying on every process in the body working well with one another. And sometimes, for no obvious reason, it has phases when it works differently. I know you're sticking to TS 100% so that in itself will help you to success, even if it's big leaps in one week and small steps another. I do hope you're feeling better soon. xxx

thank you hun, i am feeling flightly better about everything. I think its human nature to want everything to happen fast and when a carrot stick of 39lb in 3 week is dangled in front of you, it makes you more impatient. I have to keep telling myself that I am in this for the long haul and as ladies here have rightly said things are going to go up and down.

So a couple of pics of me as a young girl and you can see the weight is on already, things just went down hill from there and it was a stone a year for a very long time. Thankfully as I near my 40th birthday in a few months I have not continued with that pattern but probably would have if I had not had so many dieting attempts over the years. 2 years ago I had the motto of saying I would not be fat and forty so I am kind of annoyed at myself cause even if i stick to TS religiously I will still most definitely be still fat and 40 although I would like to think not so fat!

image.jpg image.jpg

I turned 40 last year and I remember saying I didnt want to be fat and 40 too. It's my 41st next week and I'm still fat :(

I always said I didn't want to be fat and 40, then I said I didn't want to be fat and 50, I'll be 59 next Thursday and now I'm saying I don't want to be fat and 60 but the difference this time is that I won't be!

I am 50 next year and I have also said I don't want to be fat and 50...so we can do this together and support each other. Lets make this time different and get what we want

yes ladies thats the spirit, we can all do this, we are here to support each other through this difficult journey!

I am now saying I won't be fat and 41! That gives me 15 months to get to a half decent weight at least! I would love a stone a month that would fantastic. 3.5 pounds a week, that must be do able.

So today I had an orange bar at around 1pm, had my 1.5 litres of water and a bouillon drink before that. Had my porridge and cinnamon at 6.30, a bit later than usual because I was busy making a mexican risotto for the kids and hubby. It looked and smelt gorgeous but I was not tempted at all, made hubby try the rice to make sure the rice was done and if it needed seasoning. I have just had my last shake, a vanilla one with cinnamon, blended with ice, I actually really enjoy it, its so thick I have to eat it with a spoon.

Hubby has gone out to the mosque with our 5'year old son and Hana has finally gone to sleep so what am I doing....... Torturing myself watching Master Chef Ireland. I love watching cooking programmes although I would n't say I am a good cook, I'd like to be. I tend to cook the same things all the time, maybe when I am slim I might indulge as start experimenting with different dishes.

thats me done for the night, good night ladies x

By the way, Alia, I think you were such a cute little girl. Although I completely understand where you're coming from, please don't look at them thinking "gosh, I was already overweight then", you looked happy and tanned and "proper" if that makes any sense. Those pictures should only be good memories, you were only little. And I take my hat off to you and everyone else who has to cook for family, I don't. And I really don't know how well I'd do with this diet if I had to prepare food for other people. Well, I'll know next weekend with friends coming to stay.
Sometimes (warning, philosophical button just got pressed in my head) we tend to attribute everything to our weight and let it completely rule our thoughts. Don't forget your lovely family, your positive attitude, you've made a good life for yourself, overweight or not overweight. There are plenty of slim people who have not been able to achieve that. Aaaanyways, that was just my little emotional rant here (I'm due, can you tell??) xxx

Loved reading the new posts on here girls!!

By your next birthdays I bet all of you will be feeling amazing =)

yes ladies thats the spirit, we can all do this, we are here to support each other through this difficult journey!

I am now saying I won't be fat and 41! That gives me 15 months to get to a half decent weight at least! I would love a stone a month that would fantastic. 3.5 pounds a week, that must be do able.

Hi Alia. That's the spirit! Yes you will do it - we all will! I always read your diary for inspiration as I really admire your spirit and determination and how you manage to stay on course with such a large family to look after. Please keep it up. You are clearly a strong woman and I'm sure there are a number of us on the forum who admire your fortitude!
Cheers
Lynne

By the way, Alia, I think you were such a cute little girl. Although I completely understand where you're coming from, please don't look at them thinking "gosh, I was already overweight then", you looked happy and tanned and "proper" if that makes any sense. Those pictures should only be good memories, you were only little. And I take my hat off to you and everyone else who has to cook for family, I don't. And I really don't know how well I'd do with this diet if I had to prepare food for other people. Well, I'll know next weekend with friends coming to stay.
Sometimes (warning, philosophical button just got pressed in my head) we tend to attribute everything to our weight and let it completely rule our thoughts. Don't forget your lovely family, your positive attitude, you've made a good life for yourself, overweight or not overweight. There are plenty of slim people who have not been able to achieve that. Aaaanyways, that was just my little emotional rant here (I'm due, can you tell??) xxx

I was tanned cause I lived in Dubai till I was 18 apart from a stint at boarding school. My happiest memories of my childhood are there. Thank you for the kind words, I really need them right jow, been giving myself a hard time today. I am truely blessed to have a loving husband and 7 beautiful children, I need to get a grip and focus!.

Back