Total Solution Alia's Fight the Fat Journey

They are all the things I crave too :) I am on day 4 now and so far so good. I have a feeling today may be a bit tough as was up at 4.45 taking OH to airport had 1/2 bar before I left and the other 1/2 when I got back. I think your milk idea is a very good one and I think you will be surprised how much milk you can have for that 250 mls is 123 calories :) it's amazing what you consider a real treat when you have been strict for a while. Hope you are feeling better soon.

They are all the things I crave too :) I am on day 4 now and so far so good. I have a feeling today may be a bit tough as was up at 4.45 taking OH to airport had 1/2 bar before I left and the other 1/2 when I got back. I think your milk idea is a very good one and I think you will be surprised how much milk you can have for that 250 mls is 123 calories :) it's amazing what you consider a real treat when you have been strict for a while. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Hey Fjk well done on getting to day 4, once you get the first week over its so much easier, bad days are inevitable but try to ride it out. Im going to do my milk week next week, it will be week 6 for me then. Look to this forum for support, they are amazing, and the support in invaluable x

good morning ladies. I'm feeling fab today, thank goodness and back on track in my head so no worries. I've decided to add milk every 3rd week for my extra calories, food is way too tempting for me. Im so excited for monday to come so I can have a milky coffee, sad hey that its going to be the highlight of my day :p I feel muchmore settled now I have decided on a plan to get me through, what is going to be a very long journey and also that there is a treat in store every few weeks.

Today is just ridiculously cold, i feel the cold any way but this feels like winter again. Its chucking it down and gale force winds and I have to go out in it soon to take my little one for her induction day at nursery.

Hope you all have a good ay

TTFN

Alia x

I agree it is so cold today. I was working in Sunderland yesterday afternoon and we had huge hail stones. What is that all abou?

We had huge hail stones in Derbyshire too.

The weather has gone mad

We had hail stones in leeds too

So talking about having milk for my 201 calories. I mentioned this on another Exante group and was told to have full fat milk rather than semi skimmed as apparently there is less sugar in whole milk. Any ideas on that ladies as i find that rather confusing.

Blimey, just checked in my calorie / carb / fat bible. Semi skimmed milk has 5 carbs per 100ml whereas full fat milk has only 4.7! Wasn'taware of that.

Yes the carbs are lower but don't know how that works! The calories are a lot different though per 250 mls whole milk is 165 as opposed to semi skimmed at 115 and skimmed at 82 the higher fat content puts the calories up but which is better for TS I'm not sure

I can't stomach full fat milk, it makes me feel physically sick. I even find semi skimmed hard to drink but can drink pints of skimmed milk. The difference in carbs is negligible. If you can have a certain amount of calories of milk make your own decision as to which you want to have I guess, you'll just have a lot less whole milk than skimmed.

I know that when I was struggling on Atkins they did say full fat...but not sure if will make that much difference.

Morning Alia. The sun is shining. Hope you have a lovely day today.

h I have emailed Exante regarding the milk and will see what they say.

it is a beautiful day here and its going to be a testing one I think. We are off to Oldham for the day as its one of my best friends daughters birthday party so its going to be cakes and all those food we dream of. Coping strategy of the day, taking bouillon and a few coke zeros plus my bar and a shake. I've done it before and I can do it again!

hope you all have a lovely day and the sunshine stays with us over the weekend :D

Hi Alia,

The only information I have about adding milk to your diet is as follows:

For those of you looking to continue to abstain from conventional food then a milk allowance of 201 kcal per day may be more appropriate. This can be added to drinks or be used to reconstitute your packs.

I would say you can use any milk of your choice for this as long as this does not exceed your 201 kcal per day limit.

Thanks

Vicki

good morning all from sunny leeds!

So yesterday at the party did not go so well. I could not resist a few tuna sandwiches (quarters) and a small slice of pizza. Paid big time for it though cause it made me violently sick minutes later. I am assuming it was because of my bypass and my stomach having shrunk after not eating for 30+ days. Ive totally learnt my lesson and I don't feel bad about it cause it proved something to me and I certainly wont be doingthat again.

completely back on track this morning, drinking my water and getting on with stuff. Hope yesterday has not damaged my loss too badly this week but if it has then it is my own fault and I will just have to suck it up and get on with it.

Hope you all had a fab day yesterday and the sun is shining for you all too x

Hi Alia, Sorry the party didn't go so well, but I hope you're feeling better today. And you say that it proved something to you, so it was probably a valuable step on the learning curve. I hope today goes well.

Sorry about the party yesterday. A lesson learnt. I doubt that it will affect your weight loss much - I did much worse than you 2 days in a row and still lost 3lb which wam more than the previous 2 weeks when I hadn't cheated (at least not with carbs). Hope you have a lovely day in the sunshine!

I read your comments on the party with interest. It looks like your system is just saying " to much.." When eating normal food. When you start to reintroduce you will have to really take it easy

this journey with exante is teaching me so much about myself and my food issues as well as helping me learn little tricks on how to get by on it - i normally have 2 1.5 litre bottles of water that I have to get through in a day and quite often its been a struggle. Today I had a 1 litre bottle and by lunch time I had filled it up 3 times, how does that work :confused:

Back