Total Solution Alia's Fight the Fat Journey

I wonder where you dehydrated with being sick yesterday?

So sorry you had a rough day. I think it is very likely you were dehydrated after yesterday. It's a shame that it reminded you of your previous issues. You will have to take it really easy when you start to re introduce food again, I can now understand your worries about the food week x hope you are feeling better now x

So sorry you had a rough day. I think it is very likely you were dehydrated after yesterday. It's a shame that it reminded you of your previous issues. You will have to take it really easy when you start to re introduce food again, I can now understand your worries about the food week x hope you are feeling better now x

i think i was dehydrated as I had not really drunk or eaten much after that. I've decided that i am not going to be eating during food week but will have my 201 calories in a milky coffee as think that will be easier for me than messing about with different foods etc and that way i will avoid any tummy issues with food this week.

Think that's a good plan for you and who doesn't love a good milky coffee :) maybe something like scrambled egg too loads of protein nothing too substantial. First weigh in tomorrow for me know I've lost weight as clothes fitting better am actually not worried about the scales x

weigh in day has come around again and after a difficult week I am 5lbs down making a total of 47lbs in 5 weeks. I'm so pleased, I've never managed something like this before :D ah and it takes me into the 3 hundreds in pounds

Well done. Your losses are amazing!!!! :jelous:

That is truly amazing...well done and I bet you have a huge smile today

Fabulous again Alia! Well done x I must admit that the stuff I have eaten over the last few weeks didn't taste as good as I expected really although the test will be when I go away next weekend. Have a good week xx

Well done Alia!

I hve been on & off the vlcd & logged in2 minimins, but recently decided to gt bk on the wagon prply. Big well dne on ur weight loss so far. Ur such an inspiration for motivation & ur humorous posts keep me laughing ;)
2dy was my wk 1 WI & ive lost 9lbs so i knw the lovely feelin we hve lost :)
I A we can stick this out to achieve our ultimate goal :))
Kay

Wow Alia, I have just caught up on your diary, after being away last week.
You are doing blooming marvellous :D

I agree with the dont want to be fat by a certain age. I would love to be as close to my goal by the end of July, so I am slim for my birthday :)
Its not an 0 birthday, but still, I want it :D

The party was a learning curve eh ? The tfr route has retrained your stomach for small amounts. Thats good :)

So talking about having milk for my 201 calories. I mentioned this on another Exante group and was told to have full fat milk rather than semi skimmed as apparently there is less sugar in whole milk. Any ideas on that ladies as i find that rather confusing.

Blimey, just checked in my calorie / carb / fat bible. Semi skimmed milk has 5 carbs per 100ml whereas full fat milk has only 4.7! Wasn'taware of that.

Aye, 201 cals of milk for your food week could be a good idea :)
The higher the percentage of fat in the milk, the lower the carbs, but the less you can have of it. So you would have less full fat milk than skimmed, if you know what I mean ;)
Another little bit of information, that you may or may not know, is about soya milk
Per 100ml's unsweetened soya milk has 30cals and 0.7g of carbs
For skimmed milk, it has 34cals and 4.9g of carbs :eek:
Not alot of calorie difference, but a fair bit in the carb department eh ?
The only bad thing about that though, is soya milk, tends to curdle in coffee :(.
It is however, very nice in tea :D
Maybe this is just another wee choice for you to think about :D

I drink tea/coffee every day. I have soya in my tea. And make up my shakes, use them as milk, and normally have either 2 or 3 coffees from one shake.:D

Well done alia, you are a real inspiration

thank you so much, i hope my diary helps other people see that the impossible dieter can do the impossible diet.

Well done Alia!

I hve been on & off the vlcd & logged in2 minimins, but recently decided to gt bk on the wagon prply. Big well dne on ur weight loss so far. Ur such an inspiration for motivation & ur humorous posts keep me laughing ;)
2dy was my wk 1 WI & ive lost 9lbs so i knw the lovely feelin we hve lost :)
I A we can stick this out to achieve our ultimate goal :))
Kay

hey Kay and wow 9lbs is a fantastic loss. Thank you so much for the kind words, so glad that my posts are of use to people. All the best for week 2 and i am sure you will have another fab loss.

Wow Alia, I have just caught up on your diary, after being away last week.
You are doing blooming marvellous :D

I agree with the dont want to be fat by a certain age. I would love to be as close to my goal by the end of July, so I am slim for my birthday :)
Its not an 0 birthday, but still, I want it :D

The party was a learning curve eh ? The tfr route has retrained your stomach for small amounts. Thats good :)

Aye, 201 cals of milk for your food week could be a good idea :)
The higher the percentage of fat in the milk, the lower the carbs, but the less you can have of it. So you would have less full fat milk than skimmed, if you know what I mean ;)
Another little bit of information, that you may or may not know, is about soya milk
Per 100ml's unsweetened soya milk has 30cals and 0.7g of carbs
For skimmed milk, it has 34cals and 4.9g of carbs :eek:
Not alot of calorie difference, but a fair bit in the carb department eh ?
The only bad thing about that though, is soya milk, tends to curdle in coffee :(.
It is however, very nice in tea :D
Maybe this is just another wee choice for you to think about :D

I drink tea/coffee every day. I have soya in my tea. And make up my shakes, use them as milk, and normally have either 2 or 3 coffees from one shake.:D

welcome back Marge did you have a good time away?

I have chickened out on the milk! I am still just doing TS this week and will see how I feel day by day. I am desperate for a latte but I am so scared of messing things up and not having a loss. I am such a coward but as I am in it for the long haul I don't want to start something my body then expects or my mind does. I have never tried soya milk, how does it taste? Don't know if I could drink curdled coffee. I tried the vanilla shake powder in a coffee, that will never happen again, it was vile :yuk:

oh i have well and truly learnt my lesson after the party, i felt so ill and it was so not worth it, will not be doing that again. It has made me realise that i am going to have to be very careful on refeed especially if my restriction has returned as it would appear to have done.

Are you back on track hun?

You need to do what is best for you ..

I thought about having a bath today - dont get excited, I dont mean it to sound like its a rare happening! I shower every day, actually sometimes twice a day - I remember years and years ago being in a supermarket and this circle lady (I'll explain later but for now it means fat lol) come past me and she was most deffinately a very large circle and sorry to be graffic but she stunk! Dont know what she stunk of to be honest but I'll never forget the smell and to me its the large circle smell. I think before I go on I should explain about the 'circle' business. A friend of mine, who is large has a 4 year old son and quite innocently he asked her one day, mummy why are you a circle and why is daddy a rectangle??? Having a rather skinny husband it draws to the conclusion that circles are fat people and rectangles are skinny people - since then I refer to myself as a circle - not a semi circle but a full blown circle, infact I could probably go as far to say that I'm two circles lol. Blimey I've just realised that I waffle as much when I'm typing as I do when I'm talking. I digress.. so back to the bath thing, as I was saying I shower every day sometimes twice a day as I always get the impression that rectangles expect circles to smell bad and there is no way on t his earth I would get myself into a state where people could walk past me and go ewwwwwwww... so I thought about having a bath today, infact I got quite excited and thought that maybe now I could have a bath and be able to put more than a foot of water in it without it over flowing after I got in - had to then remind myself I'm on week 6 and not month 6

In a rather odd sort of way I'm attatched to my padding - it keeps me warm, except when on ketosis and my son said to me last night he did n't want me to be skinny cause I would nt be all soft and cuddly then. People say you change when you lose a substantial amount of weight and I've read countless stories of circles turning into rectangles (refer to above paragraph for an explanation of that) and not being happy and actually wishing they were fat again - dont think I'd have much trouble becomming fat again if I was truely unhappy being skinny - I've been an expert at that all my life but can I really believe I would be happier being fat after working so hard and experiencing how it is to be skinny - truth is I dont know, I've never been there, never been skinny - I remember being 14 stone at 14 and thats pretty much how it continued. People talk about how a certain thing that happened made them decide enough was enough and decide they had to start getting rid of the blubber - I've so many things that have happened that probably should have been the wake up call that I needed but even those did n't make it happen - having to get off a ride in a theme park cause the safety bar would n't go down, spending 7 hours on a plane squashed so tight into a seat that i had bruises on the side of my legs, need I go on - oh yeah once going to a restaurant and actually bursting into tears cause the seat was so small it was cutting into my legs and I was in serious pain and even worse than that having a waiter bring me a different chair in full view of the whole restaurant - even that was n't my wake up call! Before I had kids I used to worry that being overweight would affect me having children - clearly it did n't cause 7 kids later I'm still on this on going journey. I've always beeen pretty fit for a fatty, I used to play hockey and swim, never let it bother me except in more recent years when I've been suffereing with a bad back and joint pain and more recently still where I often struggle to get off the couch - still manage to get about and do my stuff. I even brushed off a miscarriage and when the nurse said my weight could have been a factor - na not me, I'm fat but fit and I've had 7 kids - how come they managed to be born ok, actually all ended up as emergency c sections, 1 late, 5 at 32 weeks and 1 at 27 weeks - that does play on my mind though and I wonder if the births would have been quite so dramatic if I had been a rectangle. Maybe I'm the only fat person that thinks like this but I feel untouchable, yup I'm fat but all those 'fat' issues happen to other people. Actually more to the point is that I've managed to convince myself that I'm invincible. As I'm typing I'm watching super skinny vs super size and its not helping watching it, seeing a super skinny twiglet who is totally unhappy with her size. Is n't the truth that no matter what our body size or body shape is, we will never truely be satisfied - so my mission, my aim is not a weight, not a size, but just to be healthier and every pound I lose will have me heading towards my target!

one last thing for now before I bore you all stupid. Any one weighed in boots lately??? Please tell me why oh why do they have to have talking scales?????? I mean as a 'large' person getting on the scales is bad enough but when a bloody machine is booming out please stand tall, checking weight now, please take print out and 99% of the store hear it and turn to look at what is going on, lets face it, its not exactly being discreet is it! I'm rather happy I was there early yesterday and there did n't seem to be too many people in there, having said that I did n't even look at the ticket till I'd left the store, could n't get out of there fast enough!! I resisted the temptation to strip before I got on the scales, left my shoes and cardigan on, just wanted to get it over and done with as fast as possible. I had hoped to get on the scales and have dropped 2 stone but that's just a tad on the unrealistic side so the 5lbs that came off certainly adds to the pounds lost and I really am made up with how the weight is coming off on Exante

You need to do what is best for you ..

TS with no added food week feels right just now, if i wake up tomorrow and I feel different I will have my 201 calories of milk and just take each day as it comes x

You may not have lost 2 stone yesterday...but the reality is that you have lost 3 stone. That is even better

Back