Totally Mongoosed....

mongoosed

Hi everyone

I'm nearing the end of week one and so far so good (I think!!)

I've been enjoying a huge variety of food and will follow the green day diet cos I'm veggie.

Today I've experimented and made potato rostis for lunch. I saw a recipe somewhere so recreated it from memory.... it was lovely but I think I put too much egg in to bind the grated potato. It reminded me a bit of egg fried rice ;). Served with mushrooms and 2 poached eggs it was a really filling, sin free meal.

Lots to do today, so I'll sign off here and check back in later.

D x

Hiya Mongoosed, you'll get a lot of support on here, I'm not doing the green diet because it sets off my ibs, currently I'm doing red or ee but do prefer red.

Well good luck and b.t.w. loving your name! xx Boo xx

Hi I am nearing the end of my first week too (doing ee) and its my first time ever on the SW diet but I have enjoyed it so far and found it very easy. Your Rostis sound yummy

I found where I'd seen the rosti recipe (sw magazine from last month)... all it needed was less egg!

I've been cooking again! Made a veggie curry with butternut squash, mushroom, onion and pepper and bombay potatoes with spinach. Easily converted OH's into a chicken curry which he enjoyed. :)

Glass of wine and diet lemonade finished the day off well. Realised I haven't had my hexBs today... will keep an eye on that tomorrow. One more day to go until I'm back to my weigh in day and I'm cant wait to get on the scales and see how I've done. But for now, off to bed I go....

Yum yum. The curry sounds delicious.

Good luck for your WI (is it Sunday or Monday ?).

Sleep well.

Gail x

Thanks Gail. It's a Monday weigh in - early evening straight from work. The thought of getting on the scales on Monday has kept me motivated for the first half of the weekend...

Thanks Jules :)

Hsd a good day today - been very productive, eaten well and now watching the dvd Hairspray before I see it at the theatre in a few weeks.

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Bran flakes and banana

Lunch: quiche and beans

Supper: Quorn sausages, carrots, brocolli, peas and potatos.

Snacks: grapes, yoghurt

Now all that's left to do is light the fire and cook supper..... but I'd rather stay watching Hairspray :rolleyes:

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow xx Boo xx

Had my first weigh in........ fanfare please........ I lost 6.5lbs!!

Very pleased with that - now I have to stick with it and keep myself motivated :)

wish you luck on first weigh in. I'm going to join SW tomorrow as I am fed up with trying to loose by myself.Love this site lots of motivation.

Bexie
:)

Wow mongoosed. That is a GREAT start. Hopefully you will start to feel and see the differences soon which will keep you motivated. Hope you have a great week and Well done.

Gail x

Well I've had a good day today, but realise that I haven't had as many super free foods as I should have done. I'm on the green plan so I dont think it's as important, but I want to get into the habit of having more fruit. Have bought 2 punnets of cherries to take to work, bananas for breakfast and a pineapple (normally to leave in the fruit bowl until it goes off??).

Went slightly off plan last night for a valentine's supper - so being very sensible with my syns and not using them up 'just because'.

Have bought 2 punnets of cherries to take to work, bananas for breakfast and a pineapple (normally to leave in the fruit bowl until it goes off??).
That's me all over. But not anymore. Well done to you.

Went slightly off plan last night for a valentine's supper - so being very sensible with my syns and not using them up 'just because'.

I never have a problem with using my syns.......:p

Gail x

P.S. You need to update your stats :)

Back