Tough Day Today....

radical1

Been walking around the city centre, every food shop jumping out at me, my fave fish and chip place, macdonalds, pizzas, kebabs, totally mind consuming, everybody around me eating... the smells and the sights just making me really miserable and thing WTF I dont care Ill be fat and just eat what I want... arrgg many conflicting thoughts in my head...

I havent done anything, just drank extra water to bloat me up but really fed up today :confused::confused:

Its horrible and so unfair that some people can eat normally and weight problems never be a factor in their life..

I feel peed off, but on a postive note, Im wearing a Polo shirt I could not fit into 3 weeks ago although it was little consolation at smelling the fish and chips!

GRRRRRRR - just needed to vent

You're doing so well Nick. Refocus your thoughts as to why you are doing this. It may help. & just think in 3 more weeks you will be going to buy a new polo shirt because the one you're wearing won't fit :) & you'll be strutting past that Chip Shop with a HUGE smile
xx

Hiya Nick

Hang on in there. We know there are tough days and days when it would be so easy just to throw the towel in and eat something. You know in your heart and soul that you dont want to do that otherwise you wouldnt be on here.

You have been brilliant supporting others all along the journey and you have done amazingly well. Just look at your losses. Look back at photos of yourself before you started and think is that what I want to go back to. Anytime anyone is having a bad day or having a brilliant day you are always sure to be on with words of encouragement or congratulations.

Its really hard in the middle of an area where there are restaurants and fast food joints with the smells wafting through the air. You feel you are missing out on life because you cant take part in all that right now. Well just take another look at all those people, they might be eating away now and ya some of them dont have to worry about weight ( I am married to one of them!!!!) but such is life. Lots of them will go home this evening kicking themselves about how much they ate - we have all done it. We are just people who have to watch what we eat and we are all here because we want to change our eating habits and have the bodies we bloody well deserve to have.

You are fantastic to bulk up on extra water and come on here to people who know exactly how you feel.

Stick with it. You can do this. You dont need that burger or pizza. Soon you will be one of the ones people look at and envy their figure. In a short while, you will be sitting with your friends in one of those restaurants having a treat when someone on Lipotrim will walk past the window and envy ye. They will have no idea that the slim, trim man in there has made an amazing journey and has the bod of someone who looks like they can eat what they want!!!!

Hang on in there Nick

Dont let the little devil on your shoulder win!!!!

The above post is fantastic advice Nick.......remember food will still be there when you get to where you want to be xx

Nick IM with you on this one and I came on the forum to give my own rant, but tell you what - I'll just hop on the back of yours!!

I am on day 4 and had a tough day as I went to work for first time whilst on the diet and it was TOUGH .. I have basically entombed myself in my safe 4 walls on the first 3 days of the diet and I went out today to all sorts of tempting smells and sights! So I completely understand, I have come home to a choc shake and although I dont feel tons better - I feel better for resisting the tempation. Honestly, I cannot wait until this is all over and I can eat FOOD - Im getting desperate already and we are only on day 4!! BUT Nick, I look at your weight loss stats and it motivates me ... so let it motivate you too

I too had the same, "Im happy being fat and eating nice food" thoughts today, then I remember the reason I am doing this is because for the past year I have been to and from the Isle of Wight visiting my Nan in hospital - she is 65 and over 25 stone and has always been a big lady because of her love for food - but now in her older age she is suffering, she needs numerous operations and will soon have to go onto an oxygen tank in the day, all because of her weight. Sometimes we just have to jog our memories a little harder than normal to remember why we started LT ... and why we will finish it with our goal weights!

You're not alone Nick ... but I think you already know that :)

Aww it can be so difficult arrgghh! I hate feeling like that. But you know the feeling of stepping off the scales and being a few pounds lighter is worth every single food craving :) Try to conjure up that feeling of fitting into previously tight clothes. Also another thing to bear in mind is that the slim person walking past you may be slim because of LT or other diets. Not everyone is naturally slim and many many take even more drastic action by going under the knife.

You are doing amazingly well. You have the strength and the determination and I can't wait to see your before and after pics.

Good Luck xx

wow, thankyou so much everybody... the support is incredible.... Im currently splitting my last sachet into hot Mocha drinks so filling up slowly... Ill post up some pics soon... Its not like I havent been here before, Ive yo-yoed most of my life... I got up to 27 stone, I lost loads on Atkins over a year and went down to 14stone, then had a lower body lift and a upper body lift to remove the excess skin, this was last year... dropped to 13stone... they really messed my operation up though leaving a surgical instrument in me causing me massive infection and another operation to remove it... this was only December just gone and ever since then Ive been piling the ppounds back on again to get back upto 18.5stone, the depression doesnt help either...

ive been through the mill a bit last several months and food once again became my best and only friend (and also my worst enemy) unable to stick to healthy eating and unable to stick to Atkins again thats why i turned to this diet as it enabled me to completley abstain. And with a food addiction that seemed ideal for me....

Ive had these feelings many many times in the past, sometimes give in, sometimes pull through...

Currently Im overdosing on watching a boxset of Dexter to take my mind off it, although he constantly bloody eats (and kills for those who know the show! lol)

Im gonna get through today, and especially more so now that I have you lot to answer to if i dont! lol

Thanks friends. x

just put my Atkins pic on my album....

Wow how fit do you look ;) keep going - also lots of :hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99: xx

Oh my god Nick - what a transformation

Its nothing less than amazing - wouldnt even think its the same person

Well done to you

Amazing photos Radman, and you will be there again! :)

Well done on staring the foodbeast down. Hope the Mochas are going down a treat. :D

Been walking around the city centre, every food shop jumping out at me, my fave fish and chip place, macdonalds, pizzas, kebabs, totally mind consuming, everybody around me eating... the smells and the sights just making me really miserable and thing WTF I dont care Ill be fat and just eat what I want... arrgg many conflicting thoughts in my head...

I havent done anything, just drank extra water to bloat me up but really fed up today :confused::confused:

Its horrible and so unfair that some people can eat normally and weight problems never be a factor in their life..

I feel peed off, but on a postive note, Im wearing a Polo shirt I could not fit into 3 weeks ago although it was little consolation at smelling the fish and chips!

GRRRRRRR - just needed to vent

Chippys and the like always end up being a disappointment I find anyway. How many times have you dreamt of a take away, then you get it. You build it up in your head so much that it never lives up to the billing.

All those places will still be there when you reach your goal but by then you'll be so happy and proud you'll probably give them a 2nd thought.

Sometimes I wish my jaw was broke and wired up. It's tough but you've we've punished our bodies and minds for long enough and this is the biggest chance we'll ever have to getting back to where we've dreamt of being (In a sexy girl's pants).

You ever see the compliments someone gets when they've lost loads of weight ? People talking about how great they look consistently ? That can be basically tomorrow if you stick this out.

Stay strong fella, there aren't many lads on here. Without the likes of you I'll be stuck in a world of shoes, handbags and TOTM (sorry I googled that) posts !!

Chippys and the like always end up being a disappointment I find anyway. How many times have you dreamt of a take away, then you get it. You build it up in your head so much that it never lives up to the billing.

All those places will still be there when you reach your goal but by then you'll be so happy and proud you'll probably give them a 2nd thought.

Sometimes I wish my jaw was broke and wired up. It's tough but you've we've punished our bodies and minds for long enough and this is the biggest chance we'll ever have to getting back to where we've dreamt of being (In a sexy girl's pants).

You ever see the compliments someone gets when they've lost loads of weight ? People talking about how great they look consistently ? That can be basically tomorrow if you stick this out.

Stay strong fella, there aren't many lads on here. Without the likes of you I'll be stuck in a world of shoes, handbags and TOTM (sorry I googled that) posts !!

Excuse me :eek: remember what 'world' you're in! :D

LOL - ive just realised what TOTM means, seen it many times but never knew what it was...
yeah bigS Im glad there are a few guys too, we are far and few between...

LOL - ive just realised what TOTM means, seen it many times but never knew what it was...
yeah bigS Im glad there are a few guys too, we are far and few between...

Yeah, but it'll work in our favour at the MiniMins Christmas party !

Back