TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Thanks everyone. Seriously blushing with all the compliments!

Now I am on to Operation Buffer! My plan is to continue to drop a few more pounds which will mean I can experiment a little whilst I get into the swing of maintaining. I put on 3lbs when I was on holiday and over Xmas so ideally I would like to drop about 4-5 more pounds which will still keep me under the 10 stone ceiling. I think its going to be a bit trial and error but I feel like a weight (ha ha) has been lifted from my shoulders now. :)

Cat Lover Sue said:
Thanks everyone. Seriously blushing with all the compliments!

Now I am on to Operation Buffer! My plan is to continue to drop a few more pounds which will mean I can experiment a little whilst I get into the swing of maintaining. I put on 3lbs when I was on holiday and over Xmas so ideally I would like to drop about 4-5 more pounds which will still keep me under the 10 stone ceiling. I think its going to be a bit trial and error but I feel like a weight (ha ha) has been lifted from my shoulders now. :)

You've done amazing. I'm the same as you I'll have 10 stone as the maximum I'll allow myself to go to, this is what I did years ago, I maintained around 9.10 for a long time it was only when I stopped checking my weight it crept on. You deserve s treat for yourself, non food treat obviously. Maybe a new pair of shoes/bag/dress or a trip away. You deserve it, then every time you think about slipping you will have something nice to remember and remind you that it's worth resisting to stay there

You've done amazing. I'm the same as you I'll have 10 stone as the maximum I'll allow myself to go to, this is what I did years ago, I maintained around 9.10 for a long time it was only when I stopped checking my weight it crept on. You deserve s treat for yourself, non food treat obviously. Maybe a new pair of shoes/bag/dress or a trip away. You deserve it, then every time you think about slipping you will have something nice to remember and remind you that it's worth resisting to stay there

Well have already got my eye on a couple of new bras in the Bravissimo new collection and even better the rest of the new range is out on Monday so I might even get a few more! I've gone bra and matching knickers mad! :D Next year thinking of getting a new tattoo - just waiting for my skin to tone up some more. Thinking about 6 butterflies and one small one to represent the amount of weight I've lost. Still mulling it over though.

Sue, you truly are an inspiration to all of us here. Fantastic, you look amazing!

Sue, simply fantastic. You should be so proud of yourself- you have come so far! Treat yourself and get.in to the swing of maintaing! You did it!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Sue - well done! Everyone says: now for the hard part - maintaining. You won't find this difficult at all. I haven't. You have changed your lifestyle, your mindset and your habits. You love to eat healthy food and know how to make the right choices. You know how to enjoy food and drink - everything in moderation - and balance this with exercise. That's all you have to do!

I haven't been on here much as I'm (a) back at work and (b) preparing/training for my 26 mile walk along Offa's Dyke next Saturday. Once that's out of the way I'm going to sign up for the Paris Marathon in April 2013 and increase my running training. I'm going to be a lady on a mission. This time last year I hadn't joined Slimming World yet and weighed around 13 stone. I hadn't run since I was in primary school. I was wearing size 18 clothes that were 4 years old because I refused to buy bigger clothes. I've now been under 10 stone for 3 months (that wasn't even my target 12 months ago - I was hoping I could weigh 11 stone!). This week I bought size 10 Next trousers. I'm going to be in a Gymophobics local newspaper ad as a success story. I'm going to run a marathon. Maintaining isn't difficult, it's amazing!

slimmersally said:
Sue - well done! Everyone says: now for the hard part - maintaining. You won't find this difficult at all. I haven't. You have changed your lifestyle, your mindset and your habits. You love to eat healthy food and know how to make the right choices. You know how to enjoy food and drink - everything in moderation - and balance this with exercise. That's all you have to do!

I haven't been on here much as I'm (a) back at work and (b) preparing/training for my 26 mile walk along Offa's Dyke next Saturday. Once that's out of the way I'm going to sign up for the Paris Marathon in April 2013 and increase my running training. I'm going to be a lady on a mission. This time last year I hadn't joined Slimming World yet and weighed around 13 stone. I hadn't run since I was in primary school. I was wearing size 18 clothes that were 4 years old because I refused to buy bigger clothes. I've now been under 10 stone for 3 months (that wasn't even my target 12 months ago - I was hoping I could weigh 11 stone!). This week I bought size 10 Next trousers. I'm going to be in a Gymophobics local newspaper ad as a success story. I'm going to run a marathon. Maintaining isn't difficult, it's amazing!

Go Sally!! Such an inspiration

Go Sally!! Such an inspiration

Thanks Lou!

All of us write inspirational posts to each other and so often it's hard to find them again because this is such a popular thread. So here's something I do that I want to share with you all and hope that you will do it too. When you write something that you think "Yeah, that's good advice" or someone tells you it's good, then copy and paste it into your blog. That way it's easy for you to find and others to find instead of trawling back through thousands of posts. I've had a lot of friends and colleagues ask me how I've lost my weight, so I just copy it straight from my blog and email it to them. Or when someone asks a question that I've already written about in my blog (which was originated as a post I'd written and liked), I just point them to my blog post. Job done, simple!

slimmersally said:
Thanks Lou!

All of us write inspirational posts to each other and so often it's hard to find them again because this is such a popular thread. So here's something I do that I want to share with you all and hope that you will do it too. When you write something that you think "Yeah, that's good advice" or someone tells you it's good, then copy and paste it into your blog. That way it's easy for you to find and others to find instead of trawling back through thousands of posts. I've had a lot of friends and colleagues ask me how I've lost my weight, so I just copy it straight from my blog and email it to them. Or when someone asks a question that I've already written about in my blog (which was originated as a post I'd written and liked), I just point them to my blog post. Job done, simple!

Good tip hun. I dont have a blog, I don't know how to do one on here :/

So my weekend was well… not good. I drank a lot on Saturday and went on a mini-binge last night. Nothing like some of my great snack fests of yester-year (I had a box of these brownie bite things and some cereal) but still… it showed on the scales. No gain from last week but only a 0.4lbs loss which is silly because I showed a 3.4lb loss on Saturday morning and threw it all away.

I think there’s a few reasons why. I think gradually going over my calories without any real consequences has made me lax- the meal out the week before last, eating all the chocolate etc. Saturday itself would have been fine but I don’t even LIKE beer that much. And yesterday evening was nothing but a manifestation of a childish tantrum because I am fed up of ‘depriving’ myself. Myself of what? Food I don’t need. It was stupid and all I have been left with is feeling silly and guilty and disappointed in myself.

These past 2 or 3 weeks, I have really lost my way and I need to find it again. I had ONE day last week where I stuck to my calorie limit. No more. This week I am making it 7 days and I will have a great result on those scales next Monday.

My goal for this week are

1) To eat no more than 1350 calories a day EVERY day.
2) To exercise 5 times- 3 runs, 1 walk and 1 session of Zumba.
3) To drink 2 litres of water every day.

I know I can do it, I’ve done it before. It was easy, I am just finding it hard at the moment. I’ve been at this for almost 6 months and the fact that I can’t eat the way I want to and never can is difficult to process sometimes. That being said, I enjoy eating healthily, I like exercising- I suppose I just ‘resent’ people who don’t seem to have the unhealthy relationship with food that I have. I have a friend with a fridge full of chocolate and it doesn’t bother him whilst it really bothers me!

It's all silly and psychological. I want to do this, I know I can do this and I am going to keep working at it and I am going to STOP self-sabotaging now. It isn't achieving anything and I'm just being ridiculous. This is absolutely all my own fault and responsibility. It's Monday, I am starting fresh and I AM going to have a great week.

So my weekend was well… not good. I drank a lot on Saturday and went on a mini-binge last night. Nothing like some of my great snack fests of yester-year (I had a box of these brownie bite things and some cereal) but still… it showed on the scales. No gain from last week but only a 0.4lbs loss which is silly because I showed a 3.4lb loss on Saturday morning and threw it all away.

I think there’s a few reasons why. I think gradually going over my calories without any real consequences has made me lax- the meal out the week before last, eating all the chocolate etc. Saturday itself would have been fine but I don’t even LIKE beer that much. And yesterday evening was nothing but a manifestation of a childish tantrum because I am fed up of ‘depriving’ myself. Myself of what? Food I don’t need. It was stupid and all I have been left with is feeling silly and guilty and disappointed in myself.

These past 2 or 3 weeks, I have really lost my way and I need to find it again. I had ONE day last week where I stuck to my calorie limit. No more. This week I am making it 7 days and I will have a great result on those scales next Monday.

My goal for this week are

1) To eat no more than 1350 calories a day EVERY day.
2) To exercise 5 times- 3 runs, 1 walk and 1 session of Zumba.
3) To drink 2 litres of water every day.

I know I can do it, I’ve done it before. It was easy, I am just finding it hard at the moment. I’ve been at this for almost 6 months and the fact that I can’t eat the way I want to and never can is difficult to process sometimes. That being said, I enjoy eating healthily, I like exercising- I suppose I just ‘resent’ people who don’t seem to have the unhealthy relationship with food that I have. I have a friend with a fridge full of chocolate and it doesn’t bother him whilst it really bothers me!

It's all silly and psychological. I want to do this, I know I can do this and I am going to keep working at it and I am going to STOP self-sabotaging now. It isn't achieving anything and I'm just being ridiculous. This is absolutely all my own fault and responsibility. It's Monday, I am starting fresh and I AM going to have a great week.

I know exactly how you feel faery....I am feeling a bit complacent from the last week as well. You sound like you have a plan though and also you seem to be determined so I think you can do it. After one week with no slip ups you will have renewed enthusiasm for this and it wont seem like such a struggle.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself for the last few weeks and start focusing on the next few days with a clear mind.

*goes off to take her own advice*

hey guys :) my weekend has been good, was a little naughty last night, but not enough to make a difference i dont think... sitting with hubby n 2 of the kids watching avatar, hubby n kids had sweeties (fruit pastilles) and i grabbed a handful and ate soem :O i actually idnt even realise i had if that made sense?? when i actually realised what i done i put the rest back, so i think i would only have had a couple, but was quite a strange feeling. obviously not food i need, seeing as i didnt even relise i was eating them :/ ...think rods right to call me bloody fruitloop! haha apart from that though had a good weekend, loving taking the dog for walks, went for another run last night (remembered the sports bra this time!!) took the dog and my eldest son (9) with me n he wanted to do it again once we had finished!! lol

loolahoop said:
hey guys :) my weekend has been good, was a little naughty last night, but not enough to make a difference i dont think... sitting with hubby n 2 of the kids watching avatar, hubby n kids had sweeties (fruit pastilles) and i grabbed a handful and ate soem :O i actually idnt even realise i had if that made sense?? when i actually realised what i done i put the rest back, so i think i would only have had a couple, but was quite a strange feeling. obviously not food i need, seeing as i didnt even relise i was eating them :/ ...think rods right to call me bloody fruitloop! haha apart from that though had a good weekend, loving taking the dog for walks, went for another run last night (remembered the sports bra this time!!) took the dog and my eldest son (9) with me n he wanted to do it again once we had finished!! lol

I don't think 2 fruit pastilles is going to break the diet love ;) I think you do the opposite of what most dieters do and instead of underestimating the cals in things I think you grossly overestimate and as soon as the tiniest thing you deem as naughty passes your lips you panic, it's good that you want to be healthy but don't be too tough, a little bit of what you fancy does you good as long as its worked out and planned in and done in moderation. Chill out ;)

Back