TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Been reading cake, crisps, chocky and cheese lovings here.

I'm not a big chocky eater - just love Cadbury's Chocky Fingers and Chocky Truffles, so I don't buy them any more (we won the Fingers at a quiz!)
Don't eat cake or solid cheese - just dont like either. Love Philly yum yum and Primula (but can't get that here)
Apart from digestive biscuit based cheese cake - and thats the only way I eat either! So I avoid this as well.

Ah . . . But . . . crisps. :cry:
I used to be the crisp and peanut queen par excellence!
I used to work silly hours and would snack on them out of the vending machine at work when I got a snack attack late at night when I was the only one left in the office. That and "fat" coke - I could go through 4 or 5 cans a day. (and more when I got home as I would have a rum & fat coke to unwind!)
Hence my 5 stone weight gain!

I've curbed my addiction! MOSTLY but I reckon I could revert to type very easily if I didn't concentrate all the time.
Managed to eat very few crisps and peanuts now for 6 years - apart from a treat about once a month!

Last edited:
I have been really busy, I'm amazed how well this thread has taken off :)

I have been having a red week, as suggested here, but I must say I am finding it hard going. I'm not a huge meat fan, but have really forced myself to stick with it. One more day, and then its back to the jacket potatoes for me! I am hoping it will give me a good result, . . .
Err Lisa - you can have jacket spuds on a red day you know. 230g incl skin is a HexB.
You just can't have rice at all and only a very small portion of w/m pasta that isn't worth considering!

. . .Mind you - tonight might not be quite so good :cry:
We are going to our local bar to watch the Spain / Portugal match, and I will chose as wisely as I can on the food front. Not alwasy easy in Spanish bars.
But it should be fun . . . the Battle of the Iberian Penisula . . .
And LOUD. . . the Spanish take their football seriously and get VERY involved.

So I shall be back tomorrow to confess my syns and probably to accept a bum thrashing!

Well it didn't quite work out like that!
We had a late lunch (at 18:00 :eek:) as we'd forgotten to eat anything earlier as we were so busy.
So I got some mince and quorn sausages out of the freezer.
Made Botham Burgers (syn free of course) and had a BBQ and salad.
Feeling very virtuous. a) for eating ancient stuff out of the freezer (it needs clearing!) and b) having a very good day foodwise - apart from too few meals.
Slapped wrists Pommette!!!

Is it possible to love every food? Chocolate, cake, biscuits, cheese... love them all. Oddly enough, I am totally unbothered by both crisps and sweets. Very little interest in either. Ritz Crackers however...

Thankfully, cheese is expensive here in Korea and the cake and the chocolate suck. It certainly makes shopping less tempting!

Love the picture confusion!

slam down

hit 16-7 this morning happy days. thats 1lb this week and I have done zero tanglible exercise, so kick my butt!

the challenge is 14lb in 7 weeks for me, who's up for it?

Cat Lover Sue said:
Cheese mmmmnnn. I have managed to conquer my cheese cravings with a portion a day of those little cheeses you get in a net. 2 WW points or just 1 if its a light Babybel. Excellent way of managing portion control whilst still ensuring your cheese fix! There's no way I could trust myself with a block of cheese. :)

Over on the Slimming World recipe thread there is a make your own cheese recipe.

It is very easy, very low fat, and very yummy. I made a Boursin style cheese last week! Now if only I could make a docelate style :)

Rod the Bass said:
slam down

hit 16-7 this morning happy days. thats 1lb this week and I have done zero tanglible exercise, so kick my butt!

Well done. What's your target? 14 pound in 7 weeks is a tall order so you can't afford to be slacking off doing no exercise! You know this. It's 2 pound a week and do able but you have to commit and work your arse off. You can't afford a deviation of any kind so get your trainers on fill that fruit bowl and get your butt in gear!!! I'd love to be with u but I'm a pound off healthy bmi and only want to
Lose a stone and a half to
Target. But screw it I'll give it my best shot!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done. What's your target? 14 pound in 7 weeks is a tall order so you can't afford to be slacking off doing no exercise! You know this. It's 2 pound a week and do able but you have to commit and work your arse off. You can't afford a deviation of any kind so get your trainers on fill that fruit bowl and get your butt in gear!!! I'd love to be with u but I'm a pound off healthy bmi and only want to
Lose a stone and a half to
Target. But screw it I'll give it my best shot!!!!

Hi Lou, my ultimate target is 13st 13lb, but this interim target is for our family holiday, just booked 2 weeks in Zante, can't think of a better reason to try and get another stone off

this will be the hardest slog yet, I have coming up...

my OH's birthday this weekend (hotel for 2 nights and 2 meals out) :eek:
fishing comp next weekend - no sleep and very irregular meals - but I can plan around this somehow
4 days in ireland 21st july fishing comp - same as above whilst dodging hospitality....read Guinness!!

I am gonna need all the willpower I can muster to negociate that lot AND lose a stone!

anyone ever felt like giving me some back, you can start right now, I'm like Rocky I can soak it up so go for it!!

anyway, the BIG milestone is that as of this morning I have lost FIFTY POUNDS of blubber and I feel like screaming like a six year old girl!!!!

if there is anyone that wants to attempt kick a stone off by 16th August, today we start!

join me for the challenge of your life

just to put my trip so far into perspective

I started on 27th Feb at 281lbs

today I weigh 231 lbs

thats 50lbs lost over 18 weeks = 2.77lbs per week

I am looking to now shift 2.33lbs per week over the next 6 weeks

I have never been hungry. I don't do hungry. I get extremely grouchy indeed!

I love waking up in the morning feeling clean inside and slightly peckish though.

I'm a long way from the days I'd wake up lethargic and sluggish and not eat until midday. And ingest 2000 calories of carbs just to crash and spike my system horrifically!!

think I will revisit what I did at the start as of next Monday and give myself a burn up

I don't believe in luck, just hard hard work and honesty, if anyone is up for it, let me know

So I can't wish you good luck then? I'll wish you good hard work in getting another stone off in 7 weeks.
I definitely won't be joining you in your quest. I can't even contemplate losing another stone - let alone in 7 weeks.
I just want to carry on maintaining for a while to let my saggy skin adjust. (I'm getting ancient so all the elasticity has gone now)
It's a lot better than it was last November but still pretty yukky!
Maybe I'll contemplate another 7 lbs next year! In the meantimeI'll continue to bobble around target.

Rod the Bass said:
if there is anyone that wants to attempt kick a stone off by 16th August, today we start!

join me for the challenge of your life

just to put my trip so far into perspective

I started on 27th Feb at 281lbs

today I weigh 231 lbs

thats 50lbs lost over 18 weeks = 2.77lbs per week

I am looking to now shift 2.33lbs per week over the next 6 weeks

I have never been hungry. I don't do hungry. I get extremely grouchy indeed!

I love waking up in the morning feeling clean inside and slightly peckish though.

I'm a long way from the days I'd wake up lethargic and sluggish and not eat until midday. And ingest 2000 calories of carbs just to crash and spike my system horrifically!!

think I will revisit what I did at the start as of next Monday and give myself a burn up

I don't believe in luck, just hard hard work and honesty, if anyone is up for it, let me know

I'm in!! although I think a stone might be too much to lose as my target is lower than that but I'm willing to give a a bloody good try! I think I can control the food now that my busy weekends are out of the way but for me exercise is the problem. I need to find a way to fit it back into my schedule!!

Looking at your stats you will easy do
It. Just plan. You know where your staying this weekend I presume? Ring ahead and as them to
Email their menu so you can plan what to eat then when you get there don't even look at the menu you'll know what your having, stick to
Lighter drinks. Not sure what you like to drink but I love vodka lime and soda, maybe vodka and diet coke? And limit your drinks, decide how many you will have each night and stick to it. Go onto water of diet coke or coffee. I've found I drink way beyond what I need and actually sipping on non alcoholic drinks after 6 alcoholic drinks doesn't feel any different and I'm not getting plastered and I'm not losing my will power. Not sure what plan you follow?? Is it calorie counting?? Before you go to bed have a walk for half an hour. You don't need to lose control to have a good time and losing control and straying from your plan will stop you having a good time. You'll feel guilty and mad with yourself. Practice what you preach! You can do this you e proved your capable and in order to keep the weight off for life you need to learn to go to
Functions without losing control or you'll just put it back on again. I had drinks Friday and Saturday and some pizza Sunday and still lost 2 pound this week because I limited what I had around it to
Compensate. If you want something calorific you have to budget for it. I see my cals like money....I'm on a budget I only have so much to live off a week and if I go over.....well I can't go over cos it's not there to spend ;) also work extra hard around the social
Events on the exercise front and I think you will lose more than the 14 pound. Only you can do this, you have to want it, picture how you'll look on the beach with another stone off and hold that in your head every time you can't be bothered to exercise or when you want something you know you can't have. Stick a picture of you at your heaviest on your fridge if you have to. They say it takes 7 days to form a new habit but 10 days to break
One. Form some new better habits this week and you will feel so much better than you will if you gorge yourself on food and booze at weekend. I'm guessing your competitive so........ Let's see who can lose the most this week, I CHALLENGE you :D I weighed in at 11 yesterday when's your weigh day?

Does anyone feel they self sabotage when getting near to targets, even mini targets??? Any ideas in how to fight that - tough love style?

gettingfit said:
Busy sorting out and trying on the rest of my old clothes and was going to throw it all away when it has just hit home that I have lost 2 stone in 15 months.I know that doesn't seem much but I put on some jeans size 12:) that I haven't been able to wear for over 5 years and they are a bit too big.Where as before I use to squeeze myself into them.Now I have 6 pairs of trousers/jeans I can wear instead of buying some new ones.

that is fantastic!!! Congratulations :) did U ever think you would be saying you can't lose another stone?! I have some old favourite jeans that I would love to wear again. I keep resisting the temptation to throw them out so I can have this feeling too!

slam down

I'm up for the challenge Rod, 1 stone in 7 weeks would be a nice chunk of my target and see me fitting into summer shorts while it is still summer! Lets blast it!

Does anyone feel they self sabotage when getting near to targets, even mini targets??? Any ideas in how to fight that - tough love style?

i hate that phrase 'self sabotage' it almost feels like it gets used as a way to take the responsibilty out of the persons hands.....i get panicky when i get slimmer, i told myself for so long that i wont do it that when i get near its kinda like im going against what i believe and then the negative thoughts come in...'youve lost loads, you can eat takeaway if you want it wont hurt' and then i put it on again and cant understand why...well i can but i dont want to face it.. that was before, this is now, i refuse to be like that anymore. all the foods that are my downfall i dont actually enjoy anymore, i just eat them out of habit if i have a binge then i feel not only disappointed i feel guilty and annoyed. and the thing is its just bloody food, thats all just food. its not the be all and end all and its something we CHOOSE to do...so choose what you want, do you want to be at target or do you want to put weight back on? if you want to get to target just accept that you have thoughts about food from time to time and move on...absolutely do not accept that because your having them you should give in...self sabotage does not excuse you from doing it....no one makes you put the food in your mouth, you choose to do it. so just choose not to do it...if you keep doing it you obviously dont want it as bad as you think

Hi Lou, my ultimate target is 13st 13lb, but this interim target is for our family holiday, just booked 2 weeks in Zante, can't think of a better reason to try and get another stone off

this will be the hardest slog yet, I have coming up...

my OH's birthday this weekend (hotel for 2 nights and 2 meals out) :eek:
fishing comp next weekend - no sleep and very irregular meals - but I can plan around this somehow
4 days in ireland 21st july fishing comp - same as above whilst dodging hospitality....read Guinness!!

I am gonna need all the willpower I can muster to negociate that lot AND lose a stone!

anyone ever felt like giving me some back, you can start right now, I'm like Rocky I can soak it up so go for it!!

anyway, the BIG milestone is that as of this morning I have lost FIFTY POUNDS of blubber and I feel like screaming like a six year old girl!!!!

Do I sniff an excuse in the making here? No sleep/irregular meals/Guinness? All of this can be overcome with some decent planning - always keep fruit and HiFi bars etc on you for improvised breakfasts, lots of veg from the hotel breakfast bar etc etc...there is absolutely no reason why you can't loose weight and do all that at the same time. So no slacking, y'hear!??!

But wowsers, 50lbs is a-bloody-mazing. That is the weight of a small child. All that time walking around with the equivalent of a small child piggybacking you...you must really notice the diffference. Well done.

Do I sniff an excuse in the making here? No sleep/irregular meals/Guinness? All of this can be overcome with some decent planning - always keep fruit and HiFi bars etc on you for improvised breakfasts, lots of veg from the hotel breakfast bar etc etc...there is absolutely no reason why you can't loose weight and do all that at the same time. So no slacking, y'hear!??!

But wowsers, 50lbs is a-bloody-mazing. That is the weight of a small child. All that time walking around with the equivalent of a small child piggybacking you...you must really notice the diffference. Well done.

no I think you know me, I don't do excuses. And I don't even like Guinness, but the irish have a way of making you feel VERY bad for turning down hospitality!

I am out there for the fishing competition. And we'll go and go and go and go and everything else falls by the wayside. Sleep, food, drink, etc etc. We get plenty of exercise mind, yomping up and down cliffs.

Most I've ever gone is four days without sleep. Its a killer. And to sustain that you need energy onboard. Generally carbs and red bull. I'm coming off carbs. I've ditched sugar, not that I ever had much of a sweet tooth anyway

I've thrown this out there to get ideas, and there is some good stuff coming through (thanks Lou and others), so lets do it!

no I think you know me, I don't do excuses. And I don't even like Guinness, but the irish have a way of making you feel VERY bad for turning down hospitality!

I am out there for the fishing competition. And we'll go and go and go and go and everything else falls by the wayside. Sleep, food, drink, etc etc. We get plenty of exercise mind, yomping up and down cliffs.

Most I've ever gone is four days without sleep. Its a killer. And to sustain that you need energy onboard. Generally carbs and red bull. I'm coming off carbs. I've ditched sugar, not that I ever had much of a sweet tooth anyway

I've thrown this out there to get ideas, and there is some good stuff coming through (thanks Lou and others), so lets do it!

why are you going without sleep...did i miss something? 4 days without?? pah thats nothing try having 2 kids under 18 months lol ;)

Back