TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

arghhh ive not been on for a week, not good i work best when i log in red posts and keep my sw diary online. lost a pound though despite miscalculating food most of the week! need a kick up the bum though. my other half is super lazy but self conscious of his weight, he spends all his time either at work and spare time playing on computer games! i decided he needed a kick up the bum cause i know how bad he feels so i appealed to his competetive side! my birthday is in october and whoever loses the most by my birthday gets the £500 sat in our bank account.... im gonna be here a lot! lol xxxx

nice going Sox, the desk and computer games are killers, pour a pint of beer in the X-box whilst bending over in your frillies, that'll get him rollin to a different tune, nowt like angry sex to burn calories!!

Yay girls we can do this - can't wait to 'meet' rod how will he cope keeping up with all this tough love we need! Lol

I can cope, you just worry about staying on the path sister

this is me about two weeks ago, I am approx 4lbs lighter now

IMGP0568.jpg

so thats me "met" anyone else go recent photo's they wanna post, go for it

Just found this thread! Jeez, there is some serious tough love going on here.
I thought I say it as I see it but . . . I can't compete with you Rod.
Enjoy Cornwall - is that inane enough for you?

thats not inane and you are very welcome

we don't do girly chitter-chatter here Pommette, but being nice is allowed in small doses, LOL

we are serious about our stuff here, there are 16 gazillion threads out there with everyone saying "oh thats ok, it's only one eclair, start again tomorrow"

here, it's not OK, here, that makes a difference, here, we lose every week and plan to head off the weekend pitfalls BEFORE we fall in 'em

here, it makes sense.

Welcome sister x

The wind and rain was horrendous here in Somerset and I bet it was even worse in Cornwall.

Anyway I am now 9st 2 1/2lb.:p:) And already been for a morning walk.Bit of vacuuming then out again.

I left Cornwall on tuesday when a gap in the weather advised me that scarpering was the better part of valour!

Just wanted to remind you that there are these miraculous inventions now available called "raincoats" , "waterproof trousers" and "welly boots" available in all colours and styles, including boots with flowers and pink raindrops on 'em

invest wisely in your health sister

I am a serial yo yo dieter, I am 39 years old and since I was 17 have been fat, thin and everything in between! I am currently sitting in a caravan at te seaside with my lovely family x- unhappy with being nearly 14 stone and size 16 plus. I have ordered a month supply of slim and save meal packs which will be waiting for me when I get home Wednesday afternoon. I am pledging to do it This time and would love some kick ass tough love!

Thanks debs x

you just pledged to do it, SO DO IT, take a look around here on this thread, everyone is doing it, sure we have ups n downs, but on the long run, we are doing it

don't be unhappy, be angry - be angry that you let yourself be hindered by temptation and other peoples rules

walk tall, be strong, lean on the people right here and make a difference

post up when you've had a result and reap the praise

post up when you fail and get your wobbly butt kicked

simple

well, get on with it then, I'm done........

Ok hit me with some tough love plz. Been doing slimming world since Jan and hit my target 3 weeks ago but having real problems maintaining. I keep having stupid binges i will never keep it off at this rate. Where has my motivation gone?

dunno where it went, so pleased you did it, can you remember the reason you wanted it, what has changed, can you recall what life was like before your weight loss?

were you unhappy with your look?

deep down there must be a reason that you firmed up the resolve to do it and get there - I am willing that day for myself, YOU should be telling US the score, not the other way around!

I think you should plan your month food-wise and build in the treats that make life worthwhile - planning is everything and makes total sense to me

I hope I can walk this line when I get there, maybe you can pilot the plan and be our maintaining guru?

I think we need you more than you realise

sort it out sister

right that's everyone caught up I think, I'm back on plan today and looking forward to booting FlashyPussy in the backside on friday, keep your mini-targets in mind and the good work up girls

(I say girls cos I am the ONLY man on here I swear it!)

my boots are laced up and ready for action, game on.........

oh I have to share this funny story too

I runned down the stairs on friday and my OH was gassing to the neighbour on the front doorstep

I didn't say anything, just turned at the bottom and headed to the kitchen...

Jenny (my neighbour of FOUR YEARS!!!) whispered to Emma "who's that?"

Emma looked stunned apparently and confused, said "thats Rod"...."WTF????"

I haven't seen Jenny for four weeks and despite us knowing each other for four years she didn't recognise me!!!!

that made me laugh and feel great!!

Hope you have one or two of these in the next week or so, great for motivation!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA THATS FANTASTIC! They'll think she's having an affair! :)

well done GF, you def need some new jeans, LOL!

my mate Gareth (he is an ex-rugby pro and Welsh International) swears by the the paleo diet and it's something I am sort of interested in

could you share a few basics and where do I go to for more in-depth info?

oooh - Paleo rocks. I started on Paleo - but got impatient as it seemed too long. Now I realise that I was eating too large portions. It's a diet based on eating good fats and low carb real food. It's taken Scandinavia by storm - see LCHF for beginners | DietDoctor.com Also you may have seen books by Dr Briffa,a UK based GP about weight loss the paleo way.

I'm going to use it when I am phased off and holding steady. The high fat keeps you satisfied and it's basically low GI. There's evidence that our obsession with low fat is keeping us fat. Mark's Daily Apple has lots of useful recipes and stories. There's lots of science (and some poor science) and lots of blogs. The Paleo community also like real exercise.

Have fun looking at all of this.

Lot of sense in that - the only diet that works for me is high protein and low quantities of unrefined carbs. To be honest that doesn't feel like dieting at all so I've gone back to it and can't wait to see the results when I get my scales back grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I don't like to eat too much meat so fish and nuts are great sources of proteins and good fats. Little bit of salad and veg and bobs your uncle.

oooh - Paleo rocks. I started on Paleo - but got impatient as it seemed too long. Now I realise that I was eating too large portions. It's a diet based on eating good fats and low carb real food. It's taken Scandinavia by storm - see LCHF for beginners | DietDoctor.com Also you may have seen books by Dr Briffa,a UK based GP about weight loss the paleo way.

I'm going to use it when I am phased off and holding steady. The high fat keeps you satisfied and it's basically low GI. There's evidence that our obsession with low fat is keeping us fat. Mark's Daily Apple has lots of useful recipes and stories. There's lots of science (and some poor science) and lots of blogs. The Paleo community also like real exercise.

Have fun looking at all of this.

Ha!!! Your reply just made me laugh, very loudly in an open plan office!!! WI tonight, time to find out if i managed to undo the damage I did in London!

Ha!!! Your reply just made me laugh, very loudly in an open plan office!!! WI tonight, time to find out if i managed to undo the damage I did in London!

best of British clambering up onto the scales

I am sorry if I appear a little rude (actually I'm not but you'll feel better if I say sorry) but anyone barely five feet tall should not be eating trifle without a life jacket

I am 6ft 1" and I've seen it happen far too often, overconfidence in approaching the trifle, one slip, disaster......

and I've just noticed that you are doing a plan called "extra easy", well anything that condones trifle as easy cannot be good, I prescribe a serious rethink which may include new feet cos you will wear the current ones out walking TRIFLE disasters off this week....

Just wanted to remind you that there are these miraculous inventions now available called "raincoats" , "waterproof trousers" and "welly boots" available in all colours and styles, including boots with flowers and pink raindrops on 'em
r

I pointed this out to my SW pals in group this week in a similarly sarcastic tone. It didn't go down so well . . . They'll love me when they get to know me!!

Hi Rod

I have been feeling horrendous with ahem "woman's troubles" and bowel "issues". I'm cold, tired and in a mood. I'm debating taking a week off from my slimming group, but sticking to plan. What would you do?

I need some tough love please. I'm on my FIRST DAY of VLCD.

Could someone please tell me that I do NOT want a cheese toastie. Could you also remind me that I can eat as many toasties as I want when I reach my goal. Also could you mention that I'm being stupid.

Thank yoooooou :D

Back