TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

best of British clambering up onto the scales

I am sorry if I appear a little rude (actually I'm not but you'll feel better if I say sorry) but anyone barely five feet tall should not be eating trifle without a life jacket

I am 6ft 1" and I've seen it happen far too often, overconfidence in approaching the trifle, one slip, disaster......

and I've just noticed that you are doing a plan called "extra easy", well anything that condones trifle as easy cannot be good, I prescribe a serious rethink which may include new feet cos you will wear the current ones out walking TRIFLE disasters off this week....

No don't say sorry, even if you don't mean it! You are meant to be tough loving! Treat 'em mean and all that jazz. . . .

Anyway, trifle-gate is over and I lost 1lb this week, which isn't great but it does mean I undid some damage! Woop - off to have a celebratory pineapple!

robyn21 said:
I need some tough love please. I'm on my FIRST DAY of VLCD.

Could someone please tell me that I do NOT want a cheese toastie. Could you also remind me that I can eat as many toasties as I want when I reach my goal. Also could you mention that I'm being stupid.

Thank yoooooou :D

Put down the cheese toastie NOW! And while we're at it, you CANNOT have as many cheese toasties as you want once you get to goal, otherwise you'll be back at square one again! No need to tell you you're being stupid as you've already noted that yourself! Persevere and you will get to where you want to be.

Apologies for hijacking your thread rod, but have been following this since the beginning and haven't had time to get involved!

Boy does it feel good to be honest!

This is a great thread - I wouldnt mind some tough love myself. I am trying to do a VLCD basically I am an all or nothing kind of person and a serious emotional eater. Prior to dieting I didn't even know what real hunger was anymore. Any way I think I am getting there with the food part of the diet ( or lack of it) however I really need a kick up the bum to exercise. I get mad with myself cos when I start I actually enjoy it but see gettin started, it has been really hard lately. I love all kinds of different activity but I think my a*se has been glued to the settee. I don't watch telly I read but it is sitting on my a*se! Boot up afore mentioned a*se required please...

Well susie its like this if it feels like a loss your not goina make yourself do it long term- ya gotta start seeing your exercise as the gain that it is - strength, vitality, toning, improved circulation....on and on, and even better it makes you more interesting cause you have more to discuss with other people that are involved in things that don't just involve sitting on said backside. if you dont want to miss out on your books loads get some audio books on your head phones or use reading to wind down after your work out to help you sleep.

The fact of the matter is you use it or you loose it! :) xx

This is a great thread - I wouldnt mind some tough love myself. I am trying to do a VLCD basically I am an all or nothing kind of person and a serious emotional eater. Prior to dieting I didn't even know what real hunger was anymore. Any way I think I am getting there with the food part of the diet ( or lack of it) however I really need a kick up the bum to exercise. I get mad with myself cos when I start I actually enjoy it but see gettin started, it has been really hard lately. I love all kinds of different activity but I think my a*se has been glued to the settee. I don't watch telly I read but it is sitting on my a*se! Boot up afore mentioned a*se required please...

Wise words thank you - never thought about downloading books. Well tomorrow I teach a dance class and I have a hectic day at work, but I pledge to join the running group that I used to be in for a job on Wed morning and to do something Wed evening will need to think what...

Seeeee your well able!! Plus you can't be in bad shape if your teaching dance hon

Wise words thank you - never thought about downloading books. Well tomorrow I teach a dance class and I have a hectic day at work, but I pledge to join the running group that I used to be in for a job on Wed morning and to do something Wed evening will need to think what...

Mm I am fit I suppose and strong, it's a pole dancing class ( for fitness) and it is surprising the strength you need to do it. I also love swimming and Boxercise and running, I just haven't been motivated to do any of it apart from my dance class as people rely on me to be there and pay me to teach them.

Could someone please tell me that I do NOT want a cheese toastie. Could you also remind me that I can eat as many toasties as I want when I reach my goal. Also could you mention that I'm being stupid.

I'm responding as I have been doing a vlcd since December - and you need to actively manage your mind.

Robyn, Robyn, Robyn,

First, you are not stupid - you need some self love and care. Manage your Fred, get a grip and take it step by step. http://www.minimins.com/bring-your-...follow/145230-changing-habits-using-fred.html

And also get real - you will never be able to eat as many cheese toasties as you wish. They will be an occasional treat - that's why you (and I ) got fat in the first place. Occasional means once a month or so, not weekly.

I'm more or less the same weight as you, having already lost over 6 stone - so will chase you down for the next 2 -3 stone.

Hi Robyn - well others have already told you you cannot have as many cheese toasties as you want when you reach goal unless you want to be back on this thread in a year's time so I won't bother. However, I would question why you are on a VLCD if you are already fantasising about toasties. VLCD take serious dedication and hard work - yes it can be quick results but it comes at a cost. Are you prepared for that or would a more conventional approach such as Scottish Slimmers, Slimming World or Weight Watchers be better for you? It might take you a little longer but these plans tend to fit much better into everyday life - you could even have a toastie if you wanted - but just one and you would have to sacrifice something else for it :)

See how you get on - I'm not trying to pee on your parade - but I would have a serious think about what type of diet might suit you best. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hi Rod

I have been feeling horrendous with ahem "woman's troubles" and bowel "issues". I'm cold, tired and in a mood. I'm debating taking a week off from my slimming group, but sticking to plan. What would you do?

I would do exactly what your instinct tells you Lisajade, stay away but stay on plan and wow the mob the following week with a double drop whammy!

it must be shyte being a girl, us boys are one mood all the time, apart from if we watch England or drop a fish of course!!

you'll be cool

are you some kind of fruitcake?

cheese toasties are for the tubby jolly chicks that no-one wants to dance with....

you're on day one, which is one of the toughest days of your new lifestyle, so lets just take a big deep breath of willpower and see where that gets you

you have two weeks of nightmare ahead, so don't make it any worse by tripping at the first hurdle, PLAN your meals for the next fortnight, if you have weddings,funerals,christenings,nights out or anniversaries, plan how you will cope with these hurdles NOW and we do not take weekends off, weekends are the icing on the cake of your weight loss and a chance for you to exercise and frolic freely without the pressure of 9-5 (if thats how you work)

I weigh on friday mornings to reinforce the fact I've been good all week and to keep me on that track thro the weekend, it works honest. What doesn't work is being good mon-fri, booze and takeaway benders then crossing your fingers on monday morning

unless you cross them 13 gazillion times in 48 hours in which case the calories burned might equal the calories consumed

don't make me open a can of whoopass on day one, give yourself a break sister!

glad you like the thread. seems you like the sofa more tho. Any particular chair you are stuck to or generally you just like sitting on your butt?

if you like reading (or stories, which is what reading books is, I know this because I can read!) then you just buy CD or download books and blast them out while you are on the cross-trainer!

two birds with one stone

you chicks yip on about be able to multi-task and yet here, a mere male, straightening you out on double whammy leisure and exercise, you should hang your head in shame sister....

Rod, do you have a fan club?! If not, you should!! I love this thread!! :kissass:

:happy096:

OMG I need to join this thread. I regularly kick my own bottom, had a bad week last week. I blame a trip to France and eating bread and cheese! Im now back on day 2 of SS.

Will be nice for someone else to kick my bum from time to time.

OMG I need to join this thread. I regularly kick my own bottom, had a bad week last week. I blame a trip to France and eating bread and cheese! Im now back on day 2 of SS.

well why don't you blame the moon for being made of cheese or the easter bunny for being made of....errm, bunny

YOU PUT THE CHEESE IN NOT FRANCE!!!! WITH YOUR OWN HANDS UNLESS YOU GRAZED IT FROM THE TABLE!!!

suck it up and walk it off or WE'RE THROUGH!

hey :) ok so, i've just come across this site, and this thread.
So i'm 22, and need to lose 6-8 stones. I'm struggling so much. I randomly gained almost 3 stones within a few months - hadnt changed my diet or anything.
so went to the doctors just before christmas time, and they came up with all sorts of reasons for my weight gain - coeliacs, IBS, gluten sensitive ibs, even bowel cancer. I went gluten free for about 6 weeks and lost almost 2 stones, until my consultant needed me to go on a gluten rich diet for 6 weeks for an endoscopy- i gained 2 stones in 3 weeks. :cry: The endoscopy didn't find anything expect i have a haital hernia :confused: so now im waiting for a pillcam test for them to check out my bowel for problems. I am a generally active person and don't eat large portions. All these tests are killing me and I'm not at my highest weight ever. It's never been hard for me to lose weight, but anything I do isn't working at all and its really getting me down. I have gross stretch marks everywhere. I'm embarrassed of myself and feel like my friends are too. Its killing me.

Am I posting this in the wrong place? LOL

Careful with that you'll do yourself an injury ;)

Back