TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

well why don't you blame the moon for being made of cheese or the easter bunny for being made of....errm, bunny

YOU PUT THE CHEESE IN NOT FRANCE!!!! WITH YOUR OWN HANDS UNLESS YOU GRAZED IT FROM THE TABLE!!!

suck it up and walk it off or WE'RE THROUGH!

Ive taken full responsibility and kickup the bum graciously accepted. Thanks :)

Apologies for hijacking your thread rod, but have been following this since the beginning and haven't had time to get involved!

Boy does it feel good to be honest!

you haven't hijacked it, this thread won't work unless people contribute properly!!

honesty is the only way...........well done on nearly being there as well, looking good sister.....

MissMia said:
hey :) ok so, i've just come across this site, and this thread.
So i'm 22, and need to lose 6-8 stones. I'm struggling so much. I randomly gained almost 3 stones within a few months - hadnt changed my diet or anything.
so went to the doctors just before christmas time, and they came up with all sorts of reasons for my weight gain - coeliacs, IBS, gluten sensitive ibs, even bowel cancer. I went gluten free for about 6 weeks and lost almost 2 stones, until my consultant needed me to go on a gluten rich diet for 6 weeks for an endoscopy- i gained 2 stones in 3 weeks. :cry: The endoscopy didn't find anything expect i have a haital hernia :confused: so now im waiting for a pillcam test for them to check out my bowel for problems. I am a generally active person and don't eat large portions. All these tests are killing me and I'm not at my highest weight ever. It's never been hard for me to lose weight, but anything I do isn't working at all and its really getting me down. I have gross stretch marks everywhere. I'm embarrassed of myself and feel like my friends are too. Its killing me.

Am I posting this in the wrong place? LOL

If what you're saying is true, I'm not sure it's tough love you need. If it helps, I had a similar thing when I was about 17/18. My weight would balloon for no obvious reason (stones on in a couple weeks). It stopped after about 6 months, and the doctor's found no explanation.

If your friends are embarrassed of you, they're not worth having!

If what you're saying is true, I'm not sure it's tough love you need. If it helps, I had a similar thing when I was about 17/18. My weight would balloon for no obvious reason (stones on in a couple weeks). It stopped after about 6 months, and the doctor's found no explanation.

If your friends are embarrassed of you, they're not worth having!

Glad to know I'm not the only one! The worst bit is that people, including my own family, think I don't do anything to try and do something to stop my weight practically spiralling out of control! I don't know if they're actually embarrassed of me, but I FEEL like they are, that's the problem lol but seriously, thanks for your reply :) xx

Thanks Rod you r right of course. Am off to dance class now - that's a good hour exercise and tomorrow I have committed to a 3 mile jog with a group. I am going to try and do one hour each day . I have just finished my book and am not going to start one until I am in the habit of getting back exercising, which will motivate me as I have one waiting to be read.

glad you like the thread. seems you like the sofa more tho. Any particular chair you are stuck to or generally you just like sitting on your butt?

if you like reading (or stories, which is what reading books is, I know this because I can read!) then you just buy CD or download books and blast them out while you are on the cross-trainer!

two birds with one stone

you chicks yip on about be able to multi-task and yet here, a mere male, straightening you out on double whammy leisure and exercise, you should hang your head in shame sister....

Hey - I am a woman and I can multi task (and no before you say it I do not mean eat trifle and drink beer, you cheeky sod!). Tonight I plan to go on the cross trainer, whilst watching Big Brother and at the same time be moaning at my boyfriend that he still hasn't put the bloody shelves - 3 birds one stone girlfriend!

Well Rod - dance class done! I sweated a lot. Really tempted to start my next book but I won't . Am going for a shower, early nit and will try my damnedest to get for that jog! I will be honest and I I don't go then you will have lay it on...

Need some tough love...target member at slimming world and I am training for a half marathon(in 1.5 weeks!!). I just ate a whopper meal and brownie from burger king...feeling like a failure! All my hard work (fitness wise) gone down the drain in one calorific meal :-/

Here to follow :) bit scared lol

Not possible to undo all your good work in one meal hon - it is possible to learn more about yourself by having a slip up though. Just cut back a small touch on the sugars and carbs and let your body use up what you've had. But most importantly have a look at why you ate it knowing you'd feel like this afterwards! Your not a failure for f*ing up your a person that made a small mistake. You wouldnt beat yourself up like that for most things in life so don't do it over food, and you certainly wouldn't allow anyone else to speak to you like that!

Need some tough love...target member at slimming world and I am training for a half marathon(in 1.5 weeks!!). I just ate a whopper meal and brownie from burger king...feeling like a failure! All my hard work (fitness wise) gone down the drain in one calorific meal :-/

whoooaaaaaaa there R2, a whopper meal, now thats a confession!

I think you know that Paula Radcliffe rarely will advocate the use of processed beef patties and salt-laden buns as part of her Olympian training regime.....never mind the mayo!!

I am however encouraged by the discipline that training for a half entails, so all is not lost

write out 50 times I MUST NOT GUZZLE BURGERS LIKE A GANGSTA RAPPER and give yourself an extra mile on your next run

you can redeem yourself by posting here a few running tips for anyone who has never done it and would like to start (like me!)

thank you

Susie's on a rolll!!!!!!!!!!
Well Rod - dance class done! I sweated a lot. Really tempted to start my next book but I won't . Am going for a shower, early nit and will try my damnedest to get for that jog! I will be honest and I I don't go then you will have lay it on...

Morning rod!
Well i was a little bit naughty i ate 3 spoons ov choc fudge cake then told sumone to take it off me so my will power was there sumwere lol
After u had a little talk to me last week i went on to lose 2.5lbs so im hoping my little mishap wud ov dun to much damage!

Mornin back to you!

well done, willpower is a fickle beast and thats an astonishing effort to get someone to take the cake away :cool:

I am so lucky that cake doesn't ring my bell, it appears to be like Kryptonite to most ladies, LOL!

I am so pleased that you lost the 2.5lbs since joining this thread, the final run has to be the hardest as I said previously, but seriously try to PLAN your month, it will happen if you do that and hit the pavement a little I promise

good times sister and thanks for the update, it does encourage everyone who tunes in seeing people winning victories with willpower, honesty and effort

x

Last edited:
I actually went for pledged run!! Whats more I actually enjoyed it -go me! I joined a beginners group and led all the way, I will stay in this group for a short while but I know it won't challenge me so I will move up soon. I am buzzing! And I have agreed to go for a walk with a friend tonight, got my dance class on Thursday, what can I do on Friday???...

Hey Emma,
Richie allowed me a weigh last night got into the 11s!!!!!!!!! Whoop go us *does dance in chair*!!

2012-05-17 21.52.50.jpg2012-06-12 22.00.37.jpg
Morning rod!
Well i was a little bit naughty i ate 3 spoons ov choc fudge cake then told sumone to take it off me so my will power was there sumwere lol
After u had a little talk to me last week i went on to lose 2.5lbs so im hoping my little mishap wud ov dun to much damage!

Last edited:
PS Rod get yourself a copy of Run fat B**ch Run youd LOVE IT - no nonsense practical guide to getting into running - she litterally takes no bull

I actually went for pledged run!! Whats more I actually enjoyed it -go me! I joined a beginners group and led all the way, I will stay in this group for a short while but I know it won't challenge me so I will move up soon. I am buzzing! And I have agreed to go for a walk with a friend tonight, got my dance class on Thursday, what can I do on Friday???...

fly to Spain and run with the bulls sister, you are on the jazz now!

Back