TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Dunno about Spain but I am flying tomAmsterdam on 7th July and I will not have seen my daughter for 6 weeks so I am hoping she will see a difference in me. That's is my mini goal right now xx. Need ides for exercise on Friday...

Morning rod!
Well i was a little bit naughty i ate 3 spoons ov choc fudge cake then told sumone to take it off me so my will power was there sumwere lol
After u had a little talk to me last week i went on to lose 2.5lbs so im hoping my little mishap wud ov dun to much damage!

I had a "cake incident" at work today, but it was only 6 syns, which means 11 for the day total so I won't have any now this evening instead. I am a bit sad though as I didn't want to go over 10. Must. Cross. Train. Tonight!

Rod the Bass said:
I would do exactly what your instinct tells you Lisajade, stay away but stay on plan and wow the mob the following week with a double drop whammy!

it must be shyte being a girl, us boys are one mood all the time, apart from if we watch England or drop a fish of course!!

you'll be cool

Rod, I dragged my lardy butt to weigh in. Despite my issues, AND attending a jubilee picnic with her royal maj today, I managed to STS. I was expecting at least 2 lbs on, my clothes are tight and I feel so bloated. I'm pledging 3 lbs next week.

Ps: Have u ever though of starting a tough love challenge thread?

hello can i be toughied up please??? i have just about STS for 15months now, after rapidly gaining over a stone last march. I need multiple kicks up the arse. i think this thread could be my saviour!

Rod, I dragged my lardy butt to weigh in. Despite my issues, AND attending a jubilee picnic with her royal maj today, I managed to STS. I was expecting at least 2 lbs on, my clothes are tight and I feel so bloated. I'm pledging 3 lbs next week.

Ps: Have u ever though of starting a tough love challenge thread?

how was Liz? on the fone the other day I gave her hell, she rings from time to time for a little bit of tough love, one's arse is not as firm as one would like it apparently!!

Thats a lucky escape there LisaJade, you know the score for next week, phew!!

I had a "cake incident" at work today, but it was only 6 syns, which means 11 for the day total so I won't have any now this evening instead. I am a bit sad though as I didn't want to go over 10. Must. Cross. Train. Tonight!

so, whats the score with you then, are you on a weight loss plan or do you just lurch from one cake/trifle incident to another under the pretence that you're special or different to anyone else?

I've had a look back through the posts and admit I'm struggling to find where I said, "it's ok for kneehigh85 to cheat when everyone else is trying hard"

Your current weight tells me you should be around 6' 3" so unless you have some magic growth beans and large bag of compost to make this miracle happen, I suggest you forget all about cake and trifles and utilise the surplus energy you appear able to expend skulking about gobbling cakes on a nice long walk, whilst repeating "cakes are not for me, they are for the uneducated masses"

hello can i be toughied up please??? i have just about STS for 15months now, after rapidly gaining over a stone last march. I need multiple kicks up the arse. i think this thread could be my saviour!

damn right, you are unfulfilled, you have committed to do the do and you are going in circles. There is merit for sure in that marathon of STS, but lets up the ante a little and get the final hurdle leapt!

you can achieve your goal by your date, 16 lbs is very achieveable in 10 weeks

10 weeks. it's nothing. it's that filthy film and three extra days. It's summer too, the absolute best time to crack on, get outside and frolic about and make it happen

write your plan down for the next ten weeks with the target of 2lbs per week for the first 6 weeks.

then you are cooking sister

off you go then.........and let us all know that at the end of next week you've made the first move in 15 months

alternatively carry right on as you are and accept that you need to be 6ft tall, but it ain't gonna happen..........

exiguous said:
Not possible to undo all your good work in one meal hon - it is possible to learn more about yourself by having a slip up though. Just cut back a small touch on the sugars and carbs and let your body use up what you've had. But most importantly have a look at why you ate it knowing you'd feel like this afterwards! Your not a failure for f*ing up your a person that made a small mistake. You wouldnt beat yourself up like that for most things in life so don't do it over food, and you certainly wouldn't allow anyone else to speak to you like that!

Thank you!!! You cheered me up!xx

Rod the Bass said:
whoooaaaaaaa there R2, a whopper meal, now thats a confession!

I think you know that Paula Radcliffe rarely will advocate the use of processed beef patties and salt-laden buns as part of her Olympian training regime.....never mind the mayo!!

I am however encouraged by the discipline that training for a half entails, so all is not lost

write out 50 times I MUST NOT GUZZLE BURGERS LIKE A GANGSTA RAPPER and give yourself an extra mile on your next run

you can redeem yourself by posting here a few running tips for anyone who has never done it and would like to start (like me!)

thank you

I must not guzzle burgers like a gangsta rapper...I must not guzzle burgers like a gangsta rapper...

Thanks for the tough love!! That whopper meal could have been a downward spiral!!

Running tips:
If you are interested in running, check out the couch to 5 k (c25k)...(google, or there are spa for it) It's brill!! I started out running for 1 min at a fast pace, walking 2 min at a slow pace for 20 min, and gradually increased my fast times!!

Drink LOTS of water!

Get measured at a running store for proper shoes! You shouldn't get blisters from new shoes!!

Run with a buddy...it keeps you motivated!!

Make sure you take a rest day...don't wanna get injured!!(I have 2 rest days/wk)

If you want any more, just let me know!!

Ps love this thread!!xxx

well done R2 (are you a droid??) and thanks for the tips

now, back into the saddle sister!

Rod the Bass said:
well done R2 (are you a droid??) and thanks for the tips

now, back into the saddle sister!

Well, I didn't want to mention it, but R2D2 and I are closely related! we like to keep it on the DL ;)

Starting my stationary bike ride in half an hour, gonna go for an hour!! Looking forward to it! Xx

Did my dance class and quite frankly feel I have never stopped today. I am not sure what exercise to do tomorrow, I think a good run and possible a swim. I am visiting family on Saturday, my cousins son will be carrying the Olympic torch so we are going to see him - proud much!
My pledge here is to get up early and go for a jog! I have a coffee date with a friend early so I need to get up super early... Rod kick my butt if I come on here and say I slept my lazy ass in... I will be honest I promise ...

Bit late on this but only just got back from internet-less visit to UK.

This is a great thread - I wouldnt mind some tough love myself. I am trying to do a VLCD basically I am an all or nothing kind of person and a serious emotional eater. Prior to dieting I didn't even know what real hunger was anymore. Any way I think I am getting there with the food part of the diet ( or lack of it) however I really need a kick up the bum to exercise. I get mad with myself cos when I start I actually enjoy it but see gettin started, it has been really hard lately. I love all kinds of different activity but I think my a*se has been glued to the settee. I don't watch telly I read but it is sitting on my a*se! Boot up afore mentioned a*se required please...
Susie - you say "trying to do a vlcd". Either do it or don't and as others have said beware.
It is hard and doesn't teach you how to eat properly in the future.
If you are still sticking to vlcd just watch the exercise. You shouldn't actually do very much if you are having less than 800 cals a day.

Ok hit me with some tough love plz. Been doing slimming world since Jan and hit my target 3 weeks ago but having real problems maintaining. I keep having stupid binges i will never keep it off at this rate. Where has my motivation gone?

dunno where it went, so pleased you did it, can you remember the reason you wanted it, what has changed, can you recall what life was like before your weight loss?

were you unhappy with your look?

deep down there must be a reason that you firmed up the resolve to do it and get there - I am willing that day for myself, YOU should be telling US the score, not the other way around!

I think you should plan your month food-wise and build in the treats that make life worthwhile - planning is everything and makes total sense to me

I hope I can walk this line when I get there, maybe you can pilot the plan and be our maintaining guru?

I think we need you more than you realise

sort it out sister

Lau - Rod's said it all! Just remember the reason you started on SW and get back in that mind set.
Also accept that you can never go back to the way you ate before SW or else you will put all the weight back on.
Is that motivation enough?
Stick to the SW principles and you will be able to maintain. And if you go 3 lbs over target have a week fully on plan to shift the excess.
You know SW works.
I've been maintaining since November and apart from a few times (like the last 4 weeks!!!) I've stayed within range by not being stupid and eating . . . trifle (not that I ever did in the first place but Rod seems to like that word methinks).
Stick to the fruit and veggies for snacking and stop that bingeing. You know it makes sense.

SIMPLES!

Sorry to hijack Rod - maintaining is the hardest part.

There's a fantastic phrase I say to myself like a mantra.

Losing weight is hard.
Being fat is hard.
Choose your hard!!
And finally . . . maintaining even harder.

Last edited:
Good advice Pommette thank you. I am starting to think about doing mor exercise was I really enjoy it and know that I would need to eat more. It's just frightening cos I don't want to go out of control.. Not really tackled my food issues yet - need to do so though that I know x

it's all good Pommette, I am no expert and all help is appreciated, I walk the same path as all of the rest of you

All I have is determination that seems to harden with success, if I can share that and help anyone I will, but for me, the tough way is the only way

Well rod even with my will power the 3 bites ov cake hav bitten me in the arse and i hav gained 1/2lb!
I think the reason i had a gain is because i work shifts and so hav to weigh in at different times every week one week being early and the other an evening and last night was an evening! Not making excuses but im in the right frame ov mind n know it will be gone next week!!

Good job emma that's the spirit - keep plugging a long. It will show eventually if your doing the right things. Down a little over 2lbs last night rather pleased

Well rod even with my will power the 3 bites ov cake hav bitten me in the arse and i hav gained 1/2lb!
I think the reason i had a gain is because i work shifts and so hav to weigh in at different times every week one week being early and the other an evening and last night was an evening! Not making excuses but im in the right frame ov mind n know it will be gone next week!!

morning weigh ins are the way to go, even if it's psychological, you know you've done the right thing and 3 bites of cake will not have done 1/2lb of damage

at worst you have an STS on your hands, fear not sister!

Back