TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

no-one needs to bug out because we have signed up to rules to be a member - if you come to school, then do the rules, no-one's too cool for school

this thread is generally pretty extreme and I made it that way on purpose, with some intelligent and risky moderation, Mini and Starlight have deemed it successful, so let's just jog on without the cussing, it's no biggie

if you wanna go to swear school, drop me a PM and your email address and I'll do you a lexicon, meantime, I'm dropping pounds and whether I can cuss or not is irrelevant, I'm still gonna drop those pounds

I won't beg anyone to stay, but all input is valuable. I do respect your right to choose your path

end of discussion.

who's this weeks best loser gonna be?

. . . who's this weeks best loser gonna be?
Not me!!! I've had my mum here and she drives me to drink.
She has dementia so I know I should be tolerant but she, like all demantia sufferers, has good days and bad days.
She seems to have had 7 bad days in a row so I've had too much alcofrol to numb the pain!
Food been great though - so if I get a STS I'll be over the moon.

Also it's been the village fiesta this weekend and we've had a fantastic group playing tonight.
Mix of blues / jazz with the odd rock song from Cream and Deep Purple thrown in. FAR too may run & cokes drunk.
So I'm off to bed and hoping the scales are kind tomorrow.

Night Peeps. Good Luck for this week.

All things in moderation my dear had a good pig out yesterday myself. But its monday now and week days are totally off limits for crap eating if you ask me ;) Look at it as a challenge to your status quo so when other things come up that mess up your routine youll have a method to work around them. Theres a positive to every negative you just have to find it. My post that was deleted was a whinge about how a fellow player on my team said I needed to work on my fitness and some derogatory remarks on the size of my derier. I was so upset at the time but its the best fuel for firey motivation to prove to myself and everyone else that I'm more than capable of beating anyone. Just gotta up the anti now...training hard core begins today!
Ive dropped a lb over the weekend even thou I was naughty last night and for the first time in I don't know how many weeks I ate a bar of white chocolate.:eek: And I mean a bar.A 90g bar.
Dam OH why did he buy it for me.I know I could of said no but ..............I also know there's no but. Everything has gone wrong this weekend.Got to fork out for a new car otherwise OH can't get to work.Which also means he is working from here today so it upsets my routine.:mad:

At least I didn't eat the cake that is left as well as the chocolate.Going to walk over to Asda so that is a 6 - 8 mile round trip.:)

Ok I admit yesterday I was raging to be pulled up for a word that isn't, in my neck of the woods anyway, even a swear word. (Shy - rhymes with kite). I can only assume its a Highlands / England difference. What made it worse was that for some of the afternoon I had been reading the "Don't you hate it when..." thread which is peppered with "FFS" which, I think, is generally accepted to be a proper swear word in any part of the UK! :D

Anyway, I value my participation on Minimims as I value and accept other folk's opinions so I will continue to chip into the thread. And to be honest I couldn't do without my fix of Rod! :) Plus I could do with my "botty" being kicked for eating nearly a full bag of Minstrels yesterday evening and making myself feel sick! :whoopass:

Ok I admit yesterday I was raging to be pulled up for a word that isn't, in my neck of the woods anyway, even a swear word. (Shy - rhymes with kite). I can only assume its a Highlands / England difference. What made it worse was that for some of the afternoon I had been reading the "Don't you hate it when..." thread which is peppered with "FFS" which, I think, is generally accepted to be a proper swear word in any part of the UK! :D

Anyway, I value my participation on Minimims as I value and accept other folk's opinions so I will continue to chip into the thread. And to be honest I couldn't do without my fix of Rod! :) Plus I could do with my "botty" being kicked for eating nearly a full bag of Minstrels yesterday evening and making myself feel sick! :whoopass:

nice one Sue, we'd hate for you to bug out on us!

Minstrels are roving lute players from medievel times I thought?

No wonder you feel sick after eating a 15th century boy band!

back on the game please sister and thanks for all the contributions!

I've just had a very unpleasant image of Ronan Keating in a "Hey Nonny No" type get up clutching his lute. Feeling queasy now. Don't fancy chocolate again for a good few weeks! Great aversion therapy! :)

Tough love please! I have a reasonsably small amount that I want to shift but I am hopeless at weekends and therefore am dreading my first WI tonight since I started.

I have started blaming my OH for my naughtyness as he is a pain for biccies and crisps - easy to pass the buck. I need to be STRONG and could do with a military style ass whooping! I have a food diary and have been 100% honest on that (at least I can do that 100% if not the diet!) so feel free to tell me off and whip me into shape!

Great thread - think this could be just what I need!

Hi Gettingfit - sorry to hear you're still feeling sick. I'm just feeling delicate and bloated now. Look on the positive side though. I don't think either of us are going to over-indulge again for quite some time. Sometimes its a good reminder to ourselves that we are not invincible! I'm going to have to be on the straight and narrow big stylee though this week now to compensate for my stupid weakness! :(

Oh dear! Uve both been very naughty! Ive been like an angel since my naughtiness on friday but i tell ya im still bloody payin for it now 3 days later n im still ill!!! Pastry is sent from the devil!!

Ha Ha. A moment on the lips, a week on the bog! It's just not worth it, is it?! Hold that thought the next time you drool over the window of a cake shop! :)

Tough love please! I have a reasonsably small amount that I want to shift but I am hopeless at weekends and therefore am dreading my first WI tonight since I started.

I have started blaming my OH for my naughtyness as he is a pain for biccies and crisps - easy to pass the buck. I need to be STRONG and could do with a military style ass whooping! I have a food diary and have been 100% honest on that (at least I can do that 100% if not the diet!) so feel free to tell me off and whip me into shape!

Great thread - think this could be just what I need!

welcome Sparty - first of all, your husband is not to blame unless he holds you down and makes you eat, in which case 999 for the police and a divorce lawyer should be your next moves.

I am sure this is not the case.

I did a weekend tips thread somewhere, hunt it down via my profile and there is lots of good and better advice/idea's from other members too

I have generally either lost weight or STS through weekends, previously they have been my nemesis, but almost packing up booze does dramatically make a difference.

Dunno if this is an option for you, but booze has serious silent, low GI calories and double smack you by lowering your willpower - we've all woken up in the wrong bed with a kebab or worse....

7lb should not present any issue at all over the course of a couple of weeks to be honest, you can be there by 7th July, so first action for you is to determine the date you achieve that, and plan and work backwards to now with sensible choices and exercise

apart from a few superstar maintainers on this thread, we'd all kill to be 7lb to go, so we do not wanna see any nonsense from you sister

drop by next week with your results please!

Rod the Bass said:
welcome Sparty - first of all, your husband is not to blame unless he holds you down and makes you eat, in which case 999 for the police and a divorce lawyer should be your next moves.

I am sure this is not the case.

I did a weekend tips thread somewhere, hunt it down via my profile and there is lots of good and better advice/idea's from other members too

I have generally either lost weight or STS through weekends, previously they have been my nemesis, but almost packing up booze does dramatically make a difference.

Dunno if this is an option for you, but booze has serious silent, low GI calories and double smack you by lowering your willpower - we've all woken up in the wrong bed with a kebab or worse....

7lb should not present any issue at all over the course of a couple of weeks to be honest, you can be there by 7th July, so first action for you is to determine the date you achieve that, and plan and work backwards to now with sensible choices and exercise

apart from a few superstar maintainers on this thread, we'd all kill to be 7lb to go, so we do not wanna see any nonsense from you sister

drop by next week with your results please!

Message received loud and clear - I will "quit my jibber jabber" and get my butt (and mind) into gear! Looking for your weekend tips right now!!! Thanks :)

How come you feel sick dear? Get better soon.
Bring on Shred Level 3 followed by 6 Week 6 pack level 1 tonight. Some gut busting is required!
Steak and lettuce for dinner though - WIN!

Much tough love needed here.

I haven't gained any weight I've lost, but will do if I don't buck up my ideas. I am trying to give myself a focus to loose weight, and I want to slim my butt down to go to see John Bishop in October! lol, so it is my incentive.

I just look at the amount I need to loose, and it just brings me to tears, that I got myself in this mess to start with.

I just need that little motivation again, to get going again. I can't afford to do the Cambridge at the moment, as we have got ourselves two little sibling kittens, and they need injections etc yet.

I just keep thinking, do I do low cal? then I would worry I am not covering everything in my diet. I just don't know, but best make my mind up soon.

More of a rant really lol

Have just had a good giggle at this thread I flaming love it, I'm currently doing ok and am on plan (touches wood!) but have a terrible habit of self sabotage so will definitely be keeping a check in here when that occurs for a kick up the deriere!

Much tough love needed here.

I haven't gained any weight I've lost, but will do if I don't buck up my ideas. I am trying to give myself a focus to loose weight, and I want to slim my butt down to go to see John Bishop in October! lol, so it is my incentive.

I just look at the amount I need to loose, and it just brings me to tears, that I got myself in this mess to start with.

I just need that little motivation again, to get going again. I can't afford to do the Cambridge at the moment, as we have got ourselves two little sibling kittens, and they need injections etc yet.

I just keep thinking, do I do low cal? then I would worry I am not covering everything in my diet. I just don't know, but best make my mind up soon.

More of a rant really lol

well you either swim about shooting at nothing and you hit nothing or you get a plan on the table

you gotta have a plan - you have 119lb to go, but that's not your plan that's your GOAL

the plan is the way you achieve your goal....and you need to write it down, in manageable chunks

you can't imagine losing 119lb, which is why you are in a lather.

Imagine you need to lose 14lb, take a month to do that. Then repeat. 9 months later, with willpower you'll be there. thats next march. It's nothing.

Compared with the rest of your life feeling like you do now

food is your friend, you just need to pick the right one's to assist you in destroying your enemy

you have one week to decide on a system and a plan, report back with what you're gonna do - AND DO IT

Have just had a good giggle at this thread I flaming love it, I'm currently doing ok and am on plan (touches wood!) but have a terrible habit of self sabotage so will definitely be keeping a check in here when that occurs for a kick up the deriere!

welcome - I don't get your ticker or stats, why are they at odds?

you trying to give me flimflam sister?

Back