TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Wow I see the tough love thread is gathering pace. I'm loving the no nonsense replies you guys give :)

I've been absent for a few weeks due to work & other commitments but still in the zone & I've lost another stone. I'm starting to feel the health benefits now & its a good feeling. I haven't felt this lively in years! :)

Keep up the good work people x

the thread is rolling nicely now, it's all your fault I'm so busy I think :cool:

stunned with admiration, so glad you are feeling better Flump, success breeds success, keep up the good work yerself

Rod's gripe time!

loads of people have come in here on the thread saying "God I need this HELP!!!!" then I've replied and they've gone to Mombasa or somewhere like it, cos they ain't come back in!

can anyone explain this ??

Rod the Bass said:
Rod's gripe time!

loads of people have come in here on the thread saying "God I need this HELP!!!!" then I've replied and they've gone to Mombasa or somewhere like it, cos they ain't come back in!

I guess they didn't like the tough love they received.

I however do and at WI last night I lost 1lb. I thank this on your tough love rod - my OH could not manage to force feed me the biscuits he usually does after ur pep talk lol ;)

i guess they didn't like the tough love they received.

rod says - in that case - screw 'em

i however do and at wi last night i lost 1lb. I thank this on your tough love rod - my oh could not manage to force feed me the biscuits he usually does after ur pep talk lol ;)

well done on the downward shift, you tell hubby that biscuits are not food for the weekends, we have one for a treat after each 7lbs we lose

stay on the path sister or much more tough love and mayhem will be heading your way

STAY GROWLY YOU GOOD PEOPLE, i'M OFF TO THE PUB FOR 18 PINTS AND A CURRY

HA, FOOLED YOU

AND NO THATS NOT PERMISSION FOR A NIGHT OFF, GIT YOUR CONSIDERABLE ARSES MOVING.........

Rod's gripe time!

I have gone AWOL over the last few days as i had WI and I STS. After my Krisy Kreme, I thought you'd shout at me! PLus I am on * week and don't feel tough enough!

I wasnt talking about you, I was talking about the one-hitters!

you're nowt but a pest with your trifle and cake guzzling!

and maybe you now understand that a STS is due to the Krispy Creme, if you stayed on plan you'da dropped

of course I was gonna shout at you, what you think I was gonna pat you on the head and say never mind, there's always tomorrow

like they do on all the other threads

theres always tomorrow

simple equations Shortround

and what the hell is * week ?

oh....I think I geddit..

as you were, come back next week then.....

Erm maybe I'm one of those you have been ranting about? I put on a jubilee celebration 1lb last weigh in and have stayed quiet!!!!!!

I've been on top of it this week so hoping to have a loss on Thursday

mrstaylor said:
Erm maybe I'm one of those you have been ranting about? I put on a jubilee celebration 1lb last weigh in and have stayed quiet!!!!!!

I've been on top of it this week so hoping to have a loss on Thursday

Mrstaylor there should be no hopefully about it. Either you have stuck to the plan or you haven't! If you have then there is no reason why you couldn't lose at WI. (how was that for tough love rod - I'm new at this! Sorry mrstaylor for using u as my ginuea pig!!)

sparty said:
Mrstaylor there should be no hopefully about it. Either you have stuck to the plan or you haven't! If you have then there is no reason why you couldn't lose at WI. (how was that for tough love rod - I'm new at this! Sorry mrstaylor for using u as my ginuea pig!!)

Haha i think rod might shout at u for saying sorry hehe ;)

There's no shame in staying the same! Its what ya do with it that counts, a true learning experience. Your back now and noones going to shout at ya at all - just prod you in the ribs hehehehehe only kidding

I have gone AWOL over the last few days as i had WI and I STS. After my Krisy Kreme, I thought you'd shout at me! PLus I am on * week and don't feel tough enough!

sparty said:

Very true, I can't say I have been 100% as usual the food has been on plan, but the drink not so much!!! Glad I confessed!

Checking in Sir...racked up an amazing 100k in the past week, lost 4lbs and am feeling very Olympic!

Well - here to confess.
We finally got a Sky system installed in our house in Spain a few weeks ago, so I can watch the tennis and olympics and hubs the footy and motorsport.
Last night we settled down to watch the footy (not a great game methinks but at least the right result).
And out came the Cadbury's chocky fingers and crisps.
I resisted them . . . for all of 5 minutes. :cry:

So I've already given myself a kick up the jacksy and am back on it full throttle. Superspeed green soup and fruit for lunch and griddled pork loin and salad for tea. I need to get back to target. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Any more tough love will be accepted graciously! :8855:

Well - here to confess.
We finally got a Sky system installed in our house in Spain a few weeks ago, so I can watch the tennis and olympics and hubs the footy and motorsport.
Last night we settled down to watch the footy (not a great game methinks but at least the right result).
And out came the Cadbury's chocky fingers and crisps.
I resisted them . . . for all of 5 minutes. :cry:

So I've already given myself a kick up the jacksy and am back on it full throttle. Superspeed green soup and fruit for lunch and griddled pork loin and salad for tea. I need to get back to target. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Any more tough love will be accepted graciously! :8855:

as a superstar maintainer you get special dispensation Pom, you know you're bad and the effects, you got back in the saddle

I think that concludes the chastisement! :D

ps I had some CDM last night, only 2 squares, but a rare indulgence in the week for me.

can you believe the kids gave me a massive block of CDM for fathers day??? I've given it back to them minus two squares!

as a superstar maintainer you get special dispensation Pom, you know you're bad and the effects, you got back in the saddle

I think that concludes the chastisement! :D

ps I had some CDM last night, only 2 squares, but a rare indulgence in the week for me.

can you believe the kids gave me a massive block of CDM for fathers day??? I've given it back to them minus two squares!

Oh I got off lightly there!!! :8855:

Why do kids/friends do this? Everyone knows I've been losing weight. Unfortunately they also know I love chocolate truffles - my only big chocky vice :D
So wht do they always buy me a whole kilo of the damn things for birthday and christmas???? Grrrrr

Donate the CDM to a good charitable cause and get it out of harms way!

Forgive me Rod for I have sinned - but it was in a good cause :D. One of my lovely work colleagues came in this morning and presented me with a home-made chocolate cake with a big "6" candle in it to celebrate me losing 6 stone. Now the last thing I wanted was a chuffin chocolate cake - but 1) I like her, 2) it was a lovely, lovely gesture and 3) she makes cakes that are out of this world - what was a girl to do :whistle:

So I just had one piece (slimmish - didn't want to look like I didn't want any but not a chunk) and then offered everyone else a big bit. Unfortunately had to bring some home as still some left but Mr Sue will clear that up. I'm deffo not having any more.

So, so much for me having a really tight week on the food after my Sunday chocolate debacle. Oops. Will put some extra swings in with the kettlebells tomorrow night after work!

Back