TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

gettingfit said:
HELP needed.
Car went into garage Monday and they said is was steering housing or something so they fixed it.Was suppose to get it back today and they have rung and said the wheel bearings are gone.Now I'm thinking was it really the steering or have they messed up and got it wrong to begin with.The bill has now doubled.:mad:

The HELP I need is OH has a Belgian bun sat on the worktop and the way I'm feeling right now I want to scoff it.:mad: and have a good cry.

STEP AWAY FROM THE BUN! Do NOT let the stupid expensive garage break you! I u succumb you will have to do a stupid amount to exercise to make it up by WI.

DONT DO IT!!

Pommette said:
Jo - Your stats are showing and they are saying almost 7 st to go.
But your ticker only syas 12 lb to go!

I think this what Rod's querying!

Yeah that's my fault suppose should clarify that on my signature. The ticker is my 10% but the stats are my overall goal. I wish I only had 12lbs to my goal :) thanks for letting me know, glad they are showing :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Put the bun somewhere you can't see it have a glass of water just in case your actually thirsty not hungry - have a good cry if you want to but eating and crying need to become unrelated in your mind. Its ok to be sad/frustrated/annoyed when there is a need but eating rubbish wont fix it. Deal with the problem in terms of fact and not feeling - the car is in the garage, thats a transport issue, the fix will be expensive, thats a numbers issue, how you feel about yourself and your body and your eating habits - totally seperate issue. I know this is easier said than done but it will be worth it
HELP needed.
Car went into garage Monday and they said is was steering housing or something so they fixed it.Was suppose to get it back today and they have rung and said the wheel bearings are gone.Now I'm thinking was it really the steering or have they messed up and got it wrong to begin with.The bill has now doubled.:mad:

The HELP I need is OH has a Belgian bun sat on the worktop and the way I'm feeling right now I want to scoff it.:mad: and have a good cry.

exiguous said:
Put the bun somewhere you can't see it have a glass of water just in case your actually thirsty not hungry - have a good cry if you want to but eating and crying need to become unrelated in your mind. Its ok to be sad/frustrated/annoyed when there is a need but eating rubbish wont fix it. Deal with the problem in terms of fact and not feeling - the car is in the garage, thats a transport issue, the fix will be expensive, thats a numbers issue, how you feel about yourself and your body and your eating habits - totally seperate issue. I know this is easier said than done but it will be worth it

This is really good advice. I read somewhere on this site a few weeks ago a quote about not rewarding yourself with food because you are not a dog........same rule applies here for me. In true tough love fashion (and in keeping with the above) you do not need this bun to feel better - your body thinks it will derive comfort from eating it but all you will achieve is self disgust at the end. And major guilt!!! Stay strong!

Oh me me, I would appreciate some tough love.

My favorite but totally senseless excuse is 'it's cold and wet...it just makes you eat carbs - when it is bright sunshine all I want is water and salad'

But I do sit through meetings thinking that my leader indulges people with excuses. They don't get anybody anywhere. Nor does negativity 'Well as usual I succumbed to the cheese because it is always my downfall' It is if you make it!

So here I am hoping for a blasting at the first slip up please! Hehehee

Rod the Bass said:
Rod's gripe time!

loads of people have come in here on the thread saying "God I need this HELP!!!!" then I've replied and they've gone to Mombasa or somewhere like it, cos they ain't come back in!

can anyone explain this ??

I'm still here if that helps. Just haven't needed a kick lately, but still checking in. This is my fave thread :)

Some people don't really want tough love, they're not ready yet. You have to have a "no excuses" attitude for it to really work for you.

I have made up for the Choc cake - and it really was just one thin slice - with a nightmare session on the kettlebells. I was imagining Rod shouting at me through a megaphone Sergeant Major stylee so I was literally dripping in sweat by the end. In fact I am now warmer than a bricklayer's botty - but considerably more attractive even in my red-faced state! :D

2.5 off for me tonight :) I want to get under 16stone next week, I am aiming for 3 lbs minimum, I need 2.5 though.

Please give me some kick-butt ways to really push myself and get some amazing results this week. Bizarre or extreme suggestions welcome.

6 weigh ins til my wedding, spurring me on :)

2.5 off for me tonight :) I want to get under 16stone next week, I am aiming for 3 lbs minimum, I need 2.5 though.

Please give me some kick-butt ways to really push myself and get some amazing results this week. Bizarre or extreme suggestions welcome.

6 weigh ins til my wedding, spurring me on :)
RED DAYS ALL THE WAY! Cut out the carbs and it SHOULD drop off like nobody's business.
You don't need to be extreme chica. Just sensible and stick to plan!
And ditch ALL alcohol - it is pure carbs and if you want a great loss it is just a waste of syns.

Says she - who is known to one and all as the vino queen!!!! :8855:

Last edited:
. . . Some people don't really want tough love, they're not ready yet. You have to have a "no excuses" attitude for it to really work for you.
Never a truer word spoken!!! Well said Lisa.
When I hit interim target last November I wrote a very emotional post on my thread - well you're allowed to aren't you?
But one of the things I said was:

People say that getting your head round losing weight is half the battle.
I actually think it's more than that.
GETTING YOUR HEAD ROUND LOSING WEIGHT IS THE WHOLE BATTLE.

You either want to lose it - or you don't.

If you want to lose weight - then just get on with it. Okay you'll have the odd "bad" day put just move on. Don't whinge - it's nobody else's fault.
As you say - no excuses.
Yes it's tough - but no pain, no gain :) Or no loss in our cases! :8855:

I definitely need some tough love. I'm off for a Girly weekend and I am seriously worried about how to tell my friends that I don't want to drink, since I always gain/STS when I drink. I feel like my friends won't understand and that I'll sucumb to the peer pressure.

Please toughen me up!

faery_lights said:
I definitely need some tough love. I'm off for a Girly weekend and I am seriously worried about how to tell my friends that I don't want to drink, since I always gain/STS when I drink. I feel like my friends won't understand and that I'll sucumb to the peer pressure.

Please toughen me up!

How about buying your own drinks instead of in a round? Then they won't know what you are drinking and maybe you could also alternate between alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks so you still get to enjoy yourself (within limits obviously) and choose syn free food like a salad or jacket potato (no butter) for your dinner to save syns.

Spirits are lower syns so drink those - pimms and diet lemonade is only 3 syns. If you explain that you are there to enjoy yourself but that you still have to be careful then they will hopefully support you.

Or you could feed them the antibiotics line and say you can't drink because of that......!

Once you start going out and not drinking you get used to it in no time but you have to have a damn good reason for yourself - noone else really matters in this battle. If you know the exact reasons why your on this journey, if getting to a healthy fit energetic life with lower risk of illness and improved self belief and self worth is everything you want then you wont break from your plan. You gotta make tough challenges for yourself and meet those challenges. Stick to plan my dear and laugh at their hungover heads the next day!
If those friends aren't going to support you you need new friends. But at the end of the day the decision is always yours to put it in your mouth or not.

Please toughen me up!

Please toughen me up!

You could always tell them you are up the duff! You aren't going to get any arguements then! Hehe. More seriously, I would go for the antibiotics one, or in the past I have claimed to have a bladder infection (having had a genuine one) drinking is a definite no-no unless you want to bring on the most unimaginable pain. It is hard not to drink - I am going to a boat party tonight and I know there will be loads of booze. I have offered to drive so that I have a genuine excuse - my boyfriend just thinks I am being klind. Winwin!

High 5 to that!
Don't use any excuses just tell them you don't want to drink.Nothing wrong with having sparkling water with a slice of lemon in it.
At the end of the day it's down to you not your friends if you want alcohol.
How much will power do you have and how much do you want to lose weight?

Report back after the weekend and let us know how it went.:)

Drinking!

Well I WAS the worlds worst - and now I just tell people I have a booze "problem" and they tend to change the subject!

I don't have a "problem" really, apart from a) loving to get drunk 2) being good at being the last man standing £) being able to afford it *) being able to recover from it

and loads of other letters of the alphabet and symbols and numbers

booze is IMO a MAJOR reason the weight sticks, due to high calorific and LOW GI content and also it LOWERS willpower

drink if you want, but watch those secret calories

I did a party dry last weekend, got friends over tonight and a festival birthday party tomorrow - I am gonna do them all dry.

It's easy. it's healthy. And I get a kick out of being the lone wolf anyway

I've been fishing!

here's me last night, weighing 16st 8lbs - that's another 2lb off this week!

Warren017.jpg

massive bag of fish came home including pollack, bass and mackeral - gotta love free protein!

Rod, just noticed you are in Bristol...just down the road. So if you ever need an actual rather than virtual kick up the backside, just shout! Hehehe

Well done Rod - on the loss and the free protein catch!

Back