TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

SmileyMan said:
That's what happens if you take a 24 stone fatty and feed him 4000 calories for a week. I won't accept a 'well done' in this thread until I've got down to goal, got myself fit, and kept it going for five years.

Keep it up :)
Im on plan now back at it and like rod described me u need to b tough with me ;)

just noticed your stats....almost a stone and a half in 8 days??? wow well done

speaking of celebrating losses...how do people celebrate their losses? i USED to celebrate by having a treat night but dont have any treat nights now i just try to eat pretty much the same all the time, i try really hard not to use food or drink as rewards, as someone said-im not a dog lol. so i just wondered how others celebrate losses? i feel like i want to give myself a treat for losing over 3 stone as getting under that 11 stone mark was a big personal achievement and i want to acknowledge it but not sure how? ideas on a postcard :D

Put some money in a jar and buy something lovely to wear after a few weeks. Or give £1 for every pound you lose to your favourite charity. Or just gloat over a pic of a lb of fat. Now that's motivating. YUCK!
iSaR9.png

SmileyMan said:
That's what happens if you take a 24 stone fatty and feed him 4000 calories for a week. I won't accept a 'well done' in this thread until I've got down to goal, got myself fit, and kept it going for five years.

Now that's not a good attitude. I AM telling you off for that. So no one is allowed to tell you how well your doing for several years? Tough LOVE not self punishment. You've do e good accept that graciously and deal with it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My son has Asperger's, and no, tough love is not an option there. I don't know if he does any sports, but you might suggest taking up karate - the rigid discipline and repetitive training make it very Aspie-friendly (my son has a black belt, and regularly wins tournaments) so it could be a way to mix some fitness into the dieting and kick-start the loss again.

Afternoon All - just seen that pic of 1lb of fat. The thought that I have lost 85 of those makes me feel ill. Having said that it reminds me of Billy Connolly saying he wanted to take a tin tray and slide down the European Butter Mountain (some of you won't remember this as you will be too young)! Anyway makes me smile. :)

Haven't put a foot wrong today and already have tea prepared so all good in the Highland Hood. Having a massive clothes clear out as well to make room for my much smaller purchases made last weekend. Sad to see some old favourites go but I'm applying tough love to my wardobe as well as myself!

Oh and whilst I remember the Diet Coke debate. I made a New Year's resolution to only drink Pepsi Max over the weekend. So it's fizzy water for me Monday to Thursday. I only did this as I was concerned I was drinking too much of it. Now I don't even think twice about it and I love a large glass on a Friday night as it signals the weekend. Works for me. :)

I haven't so far. But I am worrying about a family picnic I have on Sunday.

Last time I planned good food to take to the picnic but strayed anyway so I really want to stick to plan this time. I am having a flexi syns week as I am also out for a curry tomorrow night.

So far this week I have used 28 syns leaving me with 77. My lunch is 2 syns and I might use maybe 4 or 5 for my dinner. So that gives me about 70 for sat and sun.

I have worked out what I am going to be eating tomorrow night as best as I can and won't stray from my plan. That will use 31-36 depending on if I have 1 or 2 glasses of wine. the rest of the day will be free foods - fruit etc.

So, I have at worst 34 for Sunday. I plan to take; rice with veg, salad with some lean ham, carrot sticks and dip (might make this or spend some syns on a tasty low fat one) strawberries and meringues with yoghurt for something sweet. Does anyone have any other ideas for tasty things I can take with me? Everyone else will have crisps and pastry things which obviously I can't eat but I do want some nice bits as well as syn free bits!

What about marinaded chicken thighs - don't have a proper name for them but they're good cold as well as hot. 12 chicken thigh fillets - not suggesting you eat them all! - with the fat trimmed off obviously!! Toss them in about 100ml soy sauce with a few cloves crushed garlic and a tablespoon or so of fajita seasoning or chinese 5 spice or cajun spice whatever you've got really and cook in the oven for 20 mins or so. Syn free but nice and moist and actually taste like you're eating something rather than filling a gap.

Ok so I've been an obedient little camper and have set a target date!!! YIKES! I don't think 11st 7 is the final target but I want to get there and see what it's like. I went to 10st 7 before and it was too light for me. I'm nervous about committing to it but it's the only way to go...

Well done. I think I should do the same. I'd be more focused. (sp?!)

I've done the same too. It's scary but we need the fear to push in forwards!

I like the chicken idea and have printed off some recipes for Tortilla/quiche type dishes for the picnic so that will help fill me up along with my salad bits.

Where can I buy those velvet crisps things?! I have never seen them. I think this may be my downfall if I don't prepare something. Of course I could always make some home made SW ones but I burnt the last batch lol

clarri said:
You do all know that our bass boss will give out to everyone for chatting!!!! Come on guys, tough love rules only!!!!! ;-)

This is a bit unfair lol. We all helped rod plan his fishing trip grub a few days ago. Tough love can preventative too!!

I've eaten some junk today (end of year celebration with my students - I set a good example by taking a SW dip, carrots and celery, but the students brought pizza, cake and all sorts of junk) . . . but here's my justification/excuse: I'm a couple of pounds under target and have been weighing in with extra clothing on for the past two weeks so that I don't fall too far below (two weeks ago I wore shoes, jeans, belt and last week I wore my wetsuit!). The extra healthy extras just isn't enough to put the weight back on.

I do feel a bit blah now so gonna stick to drinking water and lemon tea tonight and go to the gym first thing in the morning, followed by a long walk. Would go for a jog now but it's torrential out there and the puddles are the size of lakes. Usually I would be telling people to toughen up and get out there in the rain, but it really is bad here and visibility is poor.

So feel free to give me some tough love Lou. I don't think I need it but it could be good practice for you!!

slimmersally said:
I've eaten some junk today (end of year celebration with my students - I set a good example by taking a SW dip, carrots and celery, but the students brought pizza, cake and all sorts of junk) . . . but here's my justification/excuse: I'm a couple of pounds under target and have been weighing in with extra clothing on for the past two weeks so that I don't fall too far below (two weeks ago I wore shoes, jeans, belt and last week I wore my wetsuit!). The extra healthy extras just isn't enough to put the weight back on.

I do feel a bit blah now so gonna stick to drinking water and lemon tea tonight and go to the gym first thing in the morning, followed by a long walk. Would go for a jog now but it's torrential out there and the puddles are the size of lakes. Usually I would be telling people to toughen up and get out there in the rain, but it really is bad here and visibility is poor.

So feel free to give me some tough love Lou. I don't think I need it but it could be good practice for you!!

Ooh excellent biatch head back
On lol. Seriously though If the weight is still
Coming off perhaps your natural weight is lower and instead of using it as an excuse to eat junk why don't you lower your target to 3 pounds below what u are now?

conlou1 said:
Ooh excellent biatch head back
On lol. Seriously though If the weight is still
Coming off perhaps your natural weight is lower and instead of using it as an excuse to eat junk why don't you lower your target to 3 pounds below what u are now?

U cant do that with sw now u hav to reset ur target by 7 lbs :(

Back