TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Im one of those that has drawn and had foolscap pages of lines drawn for me and by me. But no more....... its ok, it wasnt the time... IT IS NOW!!!

Oh and Ive done 60 minutes intense workout, ten minutes kettlebelling and 8 turkish get ups.... with an 8k bell... GET IN THERE!!!

Whoop whoop a fellow Kettlebeller! Fab aint they.

Hi bassers!

Sorry I have been a bit AWOL, I have had some really nasty headaches and my weekly monthlies are still doing my head in. I have the doctor on Friday, that is my tough love on myself, as I detest going to the doctor.

What this will all mean for my weigh in this week, well who knows. I have upped my efforts with food this week, and been a bit more active. The way I see it, even if something health-wise is contributing to my gains, I can at least try to reduce it by upping the ante.

I am gonna try catch up on some posts now, you lot have been busy!

Whoop whoop a fellow Kettlebeller! Fab aint they.

Very very tough, but I really want to do more kettlebell work as its such an intense strength training workout. My brother is an instructor, but unfortunately lives the other side of the country.. but he gave me my kettlebell, so Im starting to work at it again.....

x

hiii :) after my STS last week i was determined to do well this week! i was 100% and lost a measley 1lb! im pleased its another 1lb gone, but i was soooo good, really thought it would be more! but to cheer me up that took me to 2st off altogether! but im not gonna be deterred! aiming for another 100% week this week! theres nothing to stop me, feel like diving right into a pack of biscuits right now! (not coz of my weight loss, just been a sad weekend as my brother n his gf lost their baby boy) but if i do it will make me feel worse about myself prob start off a downward spiral and not gonna bring my nephew back so there no good in it all!! so i will resist!!
xxx

So sorry about your nephew, it is a hard thing to cope with. You are wise to think biscuits wont help but be kind to yourself and take some time to spend with your family. Best of luck with the week ahead.

I don't think I should sleep- you guys do far too much overnight, haha.

Just get back to it tomorrow Lou! You can do it ^^

conlou1 said:
Ok lost my control a bit. Gonna have to make it up tomorrow. Enjoyed it and wasn't really bad just not brill. Must do better tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

In my best Rod impression......"cut the flim flam sister. That ain't how we do it here"

Back on track and exercising today please Lou. Don't lose focus over ur bday celebrations - keep up the hard work.

Oh dear, I bottled out of going for the walk because the only trackies and t-shirt that I have with me made me look hideously fat, and I couldn't bear the thought of people laughing at the fat bloke waddling around the park. And being midsummer it didn't get dark enough to go out in secret until very very late.

Let me have it, both barrels :(

SmileyMan said:
Oh dear, I bottled out of going for the walk because the only trackies and t-shirt that I have with me made me look hideously fat, and I couldn't bear the thought of people laughing at the fat bloke waddling around the park. And being midsummer it didn't get dark enough to go out in secret until very very late.

You have VERY low self esteem and I think you need to deal with issues you have about how you view yourself, it will help long term, losing weight will help but it isn't the answer to everything and the fact you refuse to acknowledge how well your doing worries me. I think you expect people to see you in the same light you see yourself, admittedly there are a small percentage of narrow minded people who may happen to be in the park when you are who COULD pass comment but chances are there won't be. And a quick reply of that's why I'm out exercising you moron should shut them straight up. Your letting fear hold you back, and anticipating something that hasn't happened yet then using it as an excuse to not meet your goal. Do you feel good today that you were held back? Or disappointed? Would you have felt better if you'd gone and had a comment thrown at you knowing at least your gettin to prove these idiots wrong? Human nature is to point out others flaws to detract attention from our own insecurities, it's not personal. Now get up and out there, no more excuses that won't get you anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Chuckle I know that feeling I'm obsessed with hormones and chemical breakdowns and what burns what faster at the moment, its not a bad thing its just that it can bog you down. Your right about diet drinks though they can slow weight loss down. All bodies cope a little differently with substances so what works for one will not for another. As a rule of thumb if you don't understand the ingredients its better to leave it on the shelf.
Ah, sorry all. I've done an awful lot of research into food, additives and body fat the last three weeks, so I've become a bit of a nutcase about it. I'll try not to impose my extreme (but correct :D ) views on you all in future.

gettingfit said:
You shouldn't worry about what others think just go out and do it.Do you have an ipod you could use?I love walking around with both ear plugs in and block out whats around me.

It's no good hiding indoors get out there today.:)

I agree as hard as it is to push through your comfort zone. You will feel so much better if you do it. The iPod idea is a really good one and you will find that you don't even notice anyone else at all. Give yourself credit for recognising a problem and having the guts to face in head on. Some people will judge but do u really give a damn about what some ignorant strangers think?! Pretty soon they will be saying 'wow look how well he has done since he started' and eyeing you up!!

We don't do excuses here smiley so get out there and pound the pavement, grass, wherever you can go. If the park is too much then take to the streets. Failing that - get yourself kitted out with some new exercise gear.

Give it a few weeks and you will feel much better. We are all right behind you smiley - we know you can do it!

Spot on gettingfit. Doesn't matter what your wearing or what you look like when your out doing your thing, giving it socks and holding your head up people can't help but either admire your efforts or else their jealous of you doing what they don't have the strength to do. I'm not saying its easy but for me heavier people in the gym or out exercising are in the right place doing the right thing. Its the ones hiding at home that are up for ridicule. You can do it buddy - this is your life you own how you feel about yourself and the world and noone can take that from you unless you let them. And to be honest your not the centre of their universes they're all just going about their own business with their own life challenges and don't really give a damn if your big or small or tall or short - its one case where "its not all about you" is a good thing :) .
Challange your thinking, concentrate on what you say to yourself, one thought at a time turn a "I look hideously fat" into "I'm pleased with my progress and every step I take is in the right direction" until you learn not only to love the way you look but the journey of getting there. Try to lighten up a little. Its just a walk, its just going out putting one foot infront of the other not a final exam that your going to pass or fail. Have fun with it, laugh at yourself for saying silly things about being fat.
If you only had one day left to live would you like it to be worrying about being fat or would you like it to be filled with the knowledge that you enjoyed a healthy, happy, fullfilled life? I know what I'd go for.

Sorry for the rant. Much love and hugs.

You shouldn't worry about what others think just go out and do it.Do you have an ipod you could use?I love walking around with both ear plugs in and block out whats around me.

It's no good hiding indoors get out there today.:)

You don't need to wear a tracksuit to go for a little walk! Just change your shoes and off you go!

you wuss.

"does this make my bum look big?"

"no, it's all the chocolate you eat"

I cannot fathom that a dude has these issues - you better get over them quick

people looking at you is gonna happen whether you are lardy or not, just keep your chin in the air, wear some shades, whack the iPod on full tilt and jam out the world

tonight, you get your butt out there

It's really funny you should write this today SmileyMan- I just got back from a swim. That might not sound like a big deal in itself but it's first time I have ever exercised alone in public. Ever. I've swam with friends before but never alone. I spent all day psyching myself up for it, muttering at my desk 'I AM going swimming' when my swimming buddy cancelled.

The thing is, is that my self-esteem is pretty shot too. Or it was- this journey is giving me much more confidence. Today it gave me the confidence to walk into that swimming pool and go for it. I'm a terrible swimmer. I suck. One guy looked pained at my front stroke. But I did it. An old man gave me a thumbs up. A guy I saw last week waved at me. They were happy I was there. I was worried about the changing room too because not only would it be me in a swimming costume- it would be naked-me and I don't really enjoy showing that to too many people! I walked in there, owned it and even got some cheery Korean Hellos from some VERY naked old ladies.

I wish I could explain how proud of myself I am. This was SUCH a big deal for me. Doing it alone. AND I did 15 lengths front stoke, 6 lengths kickboarding and 4 lengths running- 625m all told!

And I really do understand because just yesterday a little girl poked my stomach fat and said 'Baby?'. I was upset for a bit and then I realised I am already doing everything I can to end the comments that hurt me. And that by doing nothing and sitting at home, I am not helping myself. I am hindering myself. So get out there, sod the haters and help yourself. You change nothing by sitting at home!

:character00116:

Hi bassers!

Sorry I have been a bit AWOL, I have had some really nasty headaches and my weekly monthlies are still doing my head in. I have the doctor on Friday, that is my tough love on myself, as I detest going to the doctor.

What this will all mean for my weigh in this week, well who knows. I have upped my efforts with food this week, and been a bit more active. The way I see it, even if something health-wise is contributing to my gains, I can at least try to reduce it by upping the ante.

I am gonna try catch up on some posts now, you lot have been busy!

come on Lisa Jade, E is for effort, not excuses sister

Back