TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

So I might get shouted at ;)

I find the daily weighing actually acts as a deterrant. It stops me eating something I shouldnt knowing it might impact on the scales the next day.

One week, but I'm a) on Lipotrim VLCD and b) incredibly fat to start off with (starting BMI was just under 49). I lost over a stone the first week!

OR did you mean getting up to 4mph? That'll come when it comes - given my size and restricted diet, I'm not making any hard promises on the exercise front.

There seems to be questions all the time about when to weigh in. I reckon that it has to be individual. Who says it should be once a week?? What is a week anyway??? (I know its 7 days, but who says that is a good marker!!!). Last week I went the whole week without weighing, and was to weigh on Sat morning..... I got really stressed on Friday thinking about it, and even though I lost 4lbs I had a heap of negative emotions... there was far too much pressure for me doing it that way... so I dont have an "official" weigh day now, I keep an eye to make sure its going the right way, but there is no stress. Some people get very obsessed, and thats not good either, but Starlight, if a daily weigh works for you, I say go for it. I really think it should be individual to everyone and how they work....

Oh and I had a look this morning.... 2lbs more down!!! BOOYAKASHA!!!

I don't know much about Lipotrim but I guess its a really restricted diet. Do you have a daily calorie allowance?
(Used quote so Rod doesn't get confused :D )

For men, you get a yummy shake for breakfast, and a yummy shake for tea. Nothing else but water or black coffee (I'm allowed 3 cups a day) may pass my lips. And good grief do you need a lot of water, which is embarassing at work.

Total for men is 569 calories per day. Sounds awful, but after the first few days I didn't feel hungry at all. Just the occasional pang, especially from nice smells (if I ever meet the person who takes their bacon butty in the lift every morning ...... grrrrrr!)

I'm doing it to lose weight, natch, but also to break my food addiction.

SmileyMan said:
(Used quote so Rod doesn't get confused :D )

For men, you get a yummy shake for breakfast, and a yummy shake for tea. Nothing else but water or black coffee (I'm allowed 3 cups a day) may pass my lips. And good grief do you need a lot of water, which is embarassing at work.

Total for men is 569 calories per day. Sounds awful, but after the first few days I didn't feel hungry at all. Just the occasional pang, especially from nice smells (if I ever meet the person who takes their bacon butty in the lift every morning ...... grrrrrr!)

I'm doing it to lose weight, natch, but also to break my food addiction.

Wow!! That sounds extreme!! I have a lot of respect for you for sticking to it!! Im not sure i could! I wonder how many calories I actually eat per day - would be interesting to compare!!! How long do you have to do this for until you can eat food instead of shakes?

One week, but I'm a) on Lipotrim VLCD and b) incredibly fat to start off with (starting BMI was just under 49). I lost over a stone the first week!

OR did you mean getting up to 4mph? That'll come when it comes - given my size and restricted diet, I'm not making any hard promises on the exercise front.

Wowzers, c'mon, put it in perspective Smiley, that is still an excellent loss, especially for week 2, no matter what diet/food replacement plan you are on. I say well done and keep up the good work, but then I know you will...

Wow!! That sounds extreme!! I have a lot of respect for you for sticking to it!! Im not sure i could! I wonder how many calories I actually eat per day - would be interesting to compare!!! How long do you have to do this for until you can eat food instead of shakes?

Once you get into a VLCD its actually really easy, and the results are very motivating :)

You can do them as long as you need to, Ill probably be on mine another year

SmileyMan said:
3.3kgs lost, not as good as I was hoping for. Definitely need to up the exercise now, no excuses. That walk will be daily, and I'm going to get myself up to a 4mph stride.

In a week that's a phenomenal
Weight
Loss. What is it 8 pound? Your weight loss will slow down at some point and being super science man u must know this. Up the exercise and keep going obviously but be prepared for the losses to slow.

Are you mad?@? thats over half a stone! Thats amazing!!!
3.3kgs lost, not as good as I was hoping for. Definitely need to up the exercise now, no excuses. That walk will be daily, and I'm going to get myself up to a 4mph stride.

Sorry if this constitutes chitchat, but it is after all weight related chit chat.

I am now in the 11's, and I am getting a bit nervous. The 11's are my nemisis - I spend most of my time flitting up and down them, with one bout of rare and golden 10's when I ran a half marathon.

Technically, I know I just need to keep doing what I am doing, and logically I will eventually get out of the 11's and into the 10's. But because of all the baggage I have from my 15 years of yo-yoing, it feels really, really daunting. I skipped through the 12's with relative ease, but in the back of my mind, it gets tough when the losses approach and go over 1st, as this is where I have stumbled in the past.I can't imagine being in the 10's, and when I do get there, I am going to be walking on eggshells (target is 10st5) because it is usually short lived and requires a gargantuan amount of running to stay there.

Someone give me some perspective please? I think this is the nub of why my previous form is crap and why we self-sabotage when we get close to goal. It is nerves - I feel nervous when I think of being thin and staying there. Doh!

BonnieBooBear said:
Sorry if this constitutes chitchat, but it is after all weight related chit chat.

I am now in the 11's, and I am getting a bit nervous. The 11's are my nemisis - I spend most of my time flitting up and down them, with one bout of rare and golden 10's when I ran a half marathon.

Technically, I know I just need to keep doing what I am doing, and logically I will eventually get out of the 11's and into the 10's. But because of all the baggage I have from my 15 years of yo-yoing, it feels really, really daunting. I skipped through the 12's with relative ease, but in the back of my mind, it gets tough when the losses approach and go over 1st, as this is where I have stumbled in the past.I can't imagine being in the 10's, and when I do get there, I am going to be walking on eggshells (target is 10st5) because it is usually short lived and requires a gargantuan amount of running to stay there.

Someone give me some perspective please? I think this is the nub of why my previous form is crap and why we self-sabotage when we get close to goal. It is nerves - I feel nervous when I think of being thin and staying there. Doh!

Great result this week bonnie....face the 11s head on and leave the emotion out of it. You have no room for "will it happen" ... You need to make it happen. One day at a time, being honest and sticking to your guns..you will absolutely get through the 11s to your goal of 10 stone 5.
It's time to re prioritise and sort out ur resolve.
Be clear on why u want this and how it will change ur life. Then commit. That's the tough part. How will ur actions every day match ur goal? Then do it. Let go of the fear. You are a strong contender...treat the 11s as if they are the 12s. Changing ur mindset can change ur behaviour. Go for it!

SmileyMan said:

Fantastic result smiley! Well done

Can't believe football season starts soon.:rolleyes:
Which football team do you all support?

Shocking appearance of chit chat!
(Ross County / Nottingham Forest)

I WI once a week every Saturday morning. I'm pretty strict and have no compunction to leap on and off the scales even though I see them every day in the bathroom. That works for me - others have their own strategy and each to their own I say. The only thing that I see in other threads is where people can't resist and jump on every day. As soon as they find they have gone up a little they think its all gone tits up and start eating more - just self sabotage. But we are stronger than that in this thread so none of us would ever do such a thing - would we!! :)

I WI once a week every Saturday morning. I'm pretty strict and have no compunction to leap on and off the scales even though I see them every day in the bathroom. That works for me - others have their own strategy and each to their own I say. The only thing that I see in other threads is where people can't resist and jump on every day. As soon as they find they have gone up a little they think its all gone tits up and start eating more - just self sabotage. But we are stronger than that in this thread so none of us would ever do such a thing - would we!! :)

That does my head in!!! OMG Ive gained 0.1lb since yesterday the diets not working, Im going to eat my bodyweight in chocolate to cheer myself up!! :banghead:

I do weigh in daily at home but I dont record it, and I dont get stressed if the scales go the wrong way. Nothing counts til my official wi at my mums on a Sunday

Now that's just weird! Although I will admit to trying my hardest to ensure I have had a number 2 prior to jumping on the scales every Saturday morning (in the nuddy and before I have eaten/drunk anything)!! :D

Back