TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Can I just say, its very hard for a woman to lose that amount if they are not on a vlcd...... not liking that you are setting us up to be failures if we dont lose more than that... A loss is a loss..... and that is what we are all aiming for.... shoot us down, give us tough love if we dont have losses, but its not a competition.... cant be, we are all at different stages..... just saying...... oh and believe you me, I would be dancing to lose 5lbs in a week but unless i eat half of what Im eating, or even less, its not going to happen....

I'm not saying you need to lose 5lb, my average is about 2lb something, I am saying that the point of Tough Love is having some - you lose at your rates, with your rules

I haven't lost 5lbs in a week since early march, I am not setting up competitions, you just need to realise that when you get given an inch, you could gain an inch

I didn't say anyone was a failure for losing less than 5lbs, I said if anyone had a better idea on how to go about it, I'm all ears...

It might sting, I'm not horrible, if you think I am, fine, you are allowed an opinion, as am I.

On my thread

Grrr stupid rain, cross with myself for carb loading (within syns of course) yesterday, but just as I left work it started hooning down with stair rod rain and didn't stop all night. So no run for me. Grrrrrrrrr.
Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. Skin is waterproof. Exercise keeps you warm. The water that falls out of the sky is way cleaner than anything that comes out of your shower. IT'S JUST AN EXCUSE AND YOU KNOW IT.

I went out in the rain last night. It kept me cool so I could work at it harder. I came back bleeding. The only danger you faced was from a torn muscle reaching for the telly remote. If a fat blob like me can get off his bum and exercise, then so can you.

Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. Skin is waterproof. Exercise keeps you warm. The water that falls out of the sky is way cleaner than anything that comes out of your shower. IT'S JUST AN EXCUSE AND YOU KNOW IT.

I went out in the rain last night. It kept me cool so I could work at it harder. I came back bleeding. The only danger you faced was from a torn muscle reaching for the telly remote. If a fat blob like me can get off his bum and exercise, then so can you.

Hey, I will run in light showers, but not in rain that means my trainers will squelch and give me blisters and have to go in the wash and which means that my iphone (I don't run without music) malfunctions and needs replacing (as happened the last time I ran in the rain)!

Down 3 lbs!! Being on here has really helped :) Im safely into the 12s for the first time in about 4 yrs. Best feeling, onwards and downwards

Sorry if this doesnt constitute tough love fearless leader....hugs Lou, hope the tests arent too tough for her, and you too x

Not in a great place today. Having probs with my daughter. It's possible she has cerebral palsy and is gonna have to
Undergo lots of tests and she has to have special
Boots and physio to help her walking. So if I'm quiet that's why, too fragile today to
Be shouting at anyone, or be shouted at. Still sticking to my diet though don't worry. :( Friday the 13th you suck lol

Hey, I will run in light showers, but not in rain that means my trainers will squelch and give me blisters and have to go in the wash and which means that my iphone (I don't run without music) malfunctions and needs replacing (as happened the last time I ran in the rain)!

Congratulations on turning one feeble excuse into three. Now when the weigh-in doesn't go the way you want, at least you'll be REALLY sure how unavoidably unfair it all is.

Out of interest, did the rain stop you from running up the stairs ten times? Or grabbing some weights (bean cans, squash bottles, anything will do) and just having a dance workout for half an hour?

How about the next time it rains you come on here and say "It was raining so hard I didn't want to run, so I switched it for an indoor workout" instead of the excuses? You'll feel better, not just from the exercise, but from the self-respect as well.

Not in a great place today. Having probs with my daughter. It's possible she has cerebral palsy and is gonna have to
Boots and physio to help her walking. So if I'm quiet that's why, too fragile today to
Be shouting at anyone, or be shouted at. Still sticking to my diet though don't worry. :( Friday the 13th you suck lol

Sorry to hear that Lou. :( Keep positive and go you for keeping to the food. You can do it! *hugs*

SmileyMan said:
Congratulations on turning one feeble excuse into three. Now when the weigh-in doesn't go the way you want, at least you'll be REALLY sure how unavoidably unfair it all is.

Out of interest, did the rain stop you from running up the stairs ten times? Or grabbing some weights (bean cans, squash bottles, anything will do) and just having a dance workout for half an hour?

How about the next time it rains you come on here and say "It was raining so hard I didn't want to run, so I switched it for an indoor workout" instead of the excuses? You'll feel better, not just from the exercise, but from the self-respect as well.

Well said smiley. Indoor exercise may not be as enjoyable as a good run but it's sure as hell better than seeing those numbers go up instead of down!!

Get an exercise DVD in for days when it rains so you have no excuse. Come on bonnie - get to it!

BonnieBooBear said:
Grrr stupid rain, cross with myself for carb loading (within syns of course) yesterday, but just as I left work it started hooning down with stair rod rain and didn't stop all night. So no run for me. Grrrrrrrrr.

I ran around a park through a thunder storm and lashing rain on Wednesday night at boot camp. If I can do it then so can you! My motivation needs work too - but I will be back there next week trying to break my bad exercise habits. Get out there for half an hour tonight - I will do the same!

Down 3 lbs!! Being on here has really helped :) Im safely into the 12s for the first time in about 4 yrs. Best feeling, onwards and downwards

Well done there Sasser! Lovely loss. You sound like you are on it in a big way!

Oh Lou, I am sorry to hear that :-( Hope everything's OK...makes you realise what to prioritise...

OK OK, fair point, but it isn't the end of the world just yet, I set myself a goal of 3 workouts in a week, and I still have time to do 3 before my WI on wednesday. If I don't do all 3 in a week, THEN kick my ass, but I will don't worry...if the rain keeps on tonight I will hit the gym instead. (Couldn't last night as didn't have car).

Well, I must hang my head with shame. Yesterday WI was a STS. I know why but won't go into all the reasons here. I'll suffice it to say that my fear of getting a tongue-lashing here has me back on the straight and narrow toute de suite as they say here!

reasons or excuses?

I expect much better from you frenchie, sort it out

2lb next week without fail

Right - only a quick scan of the thread as I'm working so:
1. Rod - fab fab fab result brother! Looking tough but slinky in your photo :)
2. Lou - sorry to hear your news. If you ever want to off load you can always PM me so as not to clutter up the thread.
3. And finally - Rod - calm down son. You're coming over positively ranty. I think the new jeans and decreasing waistline has gone to your head and turned you into a son of *****. We hear ya, we love ya, we agree with ya - but I fear without advice and the like this thread will just turn into a once of week recording of our losses.

OK - shoot me down! :whoopass:

Right - only a quick scan of the thread as I'm working so:
1. Rod - fab fab fab result brother! Looking tough but slinky in your photo :)
2. Lou - sorry to hear your news. If you ever want to off load you can always PM me so as not to clutter up the thread.
3. And finally - Rod - calm down son. You're coming over positively ranty. I think the new jeans and decreasing waistline has gone to your head and turned you into a son of *****. We hear ya, we love ya, we agree with ya - but I fear without advice and the like this thread will just turn into a once of week recording of our losses.

OK - shoot me down! :whoopass:

you're allowed an opinion Sue, thats cool

I meant to come over ranty, so that worked pretty well didn't it - at least you all got something to think about today

I maintain my stance however

I have MILES to go and I do not think anything has gone to my head, I tend to accentuate the positive this is true - what's the harm in that?

I don't have any new jeans as yet and if/when I do, it's just another unimportant thing in my life - the important things currently in my life are

1) my OH and the three little stars, who are always No.1
2) my fishing
3) this thread, all you guys and my path to being the lean man I am supposed to be

there is some chinese wisdom or something I read once that says life is rocks,pebbles,stones

Rocks are your family, friends and your health - very important - these are things you worry about and worry about you

Stone are your job, your hobbies, the environment and other things you worry about

Pebbles are the little things, unimportant things - your image to others, whats on TV, the size of Jo-Lo's butt, your next bag of Dorito's iif you like

Put the rocks,pebbles and stones all in a jar and thats you

sort your rocks, take care of pebbles and discard as many stones as you can, if you can

and once you have your mind set this way, you will reach your goal

Last edited:
Rod - I didn't mean gone to your head in terms of boasting about your weight loss. You should do that as you've done brilliantly so far, I meant it in terms of you've got more ranty as your weight is decreasing. Perhaps I didn't explain myself well.

Back