TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Rod - I didn't mean gone to your head in terms of boasting about your weight loss. You should do that as you've done brilliantly so far, I meant it in terms of you've got more ranty as your weight is decreasing. Perhaps I didn't explain myself well.

well maybe thats because I am running away from you all and I want you to come with me?

Is that not supportive? this IS the tough love thread, it WILL do what it says on the tin, people WILL come and go

but I remember back on page 1 or 2, I was two stone heavier when I flayed Fat-Flump for having that name, that was a stick-out for me, I was testing the water and seeing how far I could push this - and it rolled

seems today I've pushed it too far

tough

suck it up

I will start another Tough Love thread titled "off-topic and chit-chat" and you can post cats, dresses, periods, sympathy or whatever you like

this one stays hardcore

I've listened, but this thread stays as I intended, I am up for fun, I am one of the funnest guys in the world, but I mean to lose 6 stone and I am going to, my way.

Look we all knew this was tough love when we signed up so that's what it should be. Its rod's thread!

I like the chit chat too but we could always PM each other if we want to talk about cats or jeans! You can PM more than one person at a time as far as I know. This could help until mini allow us our own chat thread.

Let's leave this forum for results, prevention and telling off!?? Is this what you mean Rod?

Rod, you look fantastic. Can tell you are well proud. You will miss my weigh in, but I promise you its going to be a loss... :)
Give me a wave when you drive through the second roundabout after the ferry on your way to Traaaaaamore (thats the way the locals pronounce it!!!... knackerville btw)....
Im away in the camper tomorrow night so will be tested on all levels...
:)

have great time Clarri, just think protein and veg and you will do yourself proud, thank you for your input and good luck

Look we all knew this was tough love when we signed up so that's what it should be. Its rod's thread!

I like the chit chat too but we could always PM each other if we want to talk about cats or jeans! You can PM more than one person at a time as far as I know. This could help until mini allow us our own chat thread.

Let's leave this forum for results, prevention and telling off!?? Is this what you mean Rod?

thats exactly what I mean

there is another tough love thread I've just posted titled "off-topic and chit-chat" which was Jezzi's idea and is a good one

if and when we get a section, I am sure the mods will put us in it, with the lid screwed down very tight to stop us escaping

fill your boots over there, I'll skid by sometime soon

Aaargh - I don't want to talk about cats and jeans (well unless I get a bargain :)) FFS. I was just trying to point out that sometimes folk asking for advice get misconstrued as chit chatting!

Aaargh - I was just trying to point out that sometimes folk asking for advice get misconstrued as chit chatting!

no it doesn't - we know what chit-chat is and asking for advice isn't that

I cannot for one second believe you don't want to talk about Cats, unless you were sleep walking when you made your user name up

Yep- for example do I celebrate the fact that my denim shorts now fit in this thread or the other one? Because they only fit because of Tough Love and weightloss, not because of cats or my period... :p

Yep- for example do I celebrate the fact that my denim shorts now fit in this thread or the other one? Because they only fit because of Tough Love and weightloss, not because of cats or my period... :p

you've answered your own question faery

if its to do with weight loss, needing help, wobbling on your plan or celebrating a success then it's here - you need to post successes or failures here

if you want to talk about anything else - like cats/TV programmes/fave football teams/cheesecake/ladies issues/OK magazine - use the other thread, where you should find, hopefully all the girls and the two boys that come here, thinking the same way as you do

I am obviously coming off a bit rough today, I want to be here to help those that are struggling as this bizarrely, helps me!

I welcome everyone else doing the same in the same way - and you can all still do it, you'd better!

But the chit-chat jams up the main stuff, thats all I'm saying - if you need to chat, go do it under the Tough Love chat thread - simples

think of this as the "office" where the work gets done and the other thread as the TV lounge - thats better?

Last edited:
gettingfit said:
I will say that since 'other' things have been creeping into this thread I have gone off plan a bit.I know I started football and I apologies for that.:)

I posted about lemon curd because I couldn't stop diving into it.That did belong here.

And if we had that other thread I would of posted the BBC thingy in it.

I am back on it now.My mind is where it should be so hopefully I won't stray again.:)

So lets get back to how we were.:)

OMG seriously? This is your latest excuse for slipping? Cos the thread got a bit chatty WERE to blame for YOU sticking your fingers in lemon
Curd pots. Get a grip on yourself and shoulder the blame. You ate it, now that's 2 excuses in as many days. One more I'm getting my damn cane out.

Tough enough?

Like the chit chat thread, this one was getting too full and I couldn't keep up ;)

Ok, bit confused now what classes as chit chat? Football yes, cat yes, cheesecake yes.

But asking advice about whats best to eat out, feeling a bit wobbly and being dissuaded from doing something stupid, feeling really low and needing someone to tell you to keep at it?

Where do we go to get that because it's still tough love but it seems to fall under chit chat.

We can ask that in the main forums but get the same stupid answers about "just go for it, it's only one night, start again tomorrow"

I've fixed it, read to the end of this thread

Hi bassers! Sorry if I am one of the offenders r.e. Chit chat!

Rod - I completely support your thread and your rules, and tough love IS going to get me to my target. Thank you for starting this thread, our first conversations really helped me turn a corner.

And well done on a butt-kicking loss :)

Guys, just putting in a deposit because I am feeling a little weak and tired after a long week and it looks like rain out there...

In 2 hours, when I get home, I AM going to put on my gym stuff and get myself out that door for a run. Please ask me next time I post - it is only the thought of letting you lot down that is gonna keep me going tonight.

Then some lean roast (no skin, natch) chicken and veggies for dinner and I am back on track after yesterdays carb-heavy day.

Booooooyahhhh!

Guys, just putting in a deposit because I am feeling a little weak and tired after a long week and it looks like rain out there...

In 2 hours, when I get home, I AM going to put on my gym stuff and get myself out that door for a run. Please ask me next time I post - it is only the thought of letting you lot down that is gonna keep me going tonight.

Then some lean roast (no skin, natch) chicken and veggies for dinner and I am back on track after yesterdays carb-heavy day.

Booooooyahhhh!

bonnie, dont you dare wimp out, im feeling really mean today, im tired and peed off and have no patience for slackers...if i can stick to plan when i have so much rubbish flying round my head you can stick to it when your a bit tired....ive walked for about 40 minutes today and done intensive cleaning (for my job) for 2 solid hours, tonight im doing toning exercises, i will report back on what ive done, i want the same for you. your a moany one bonnie...stop looking at diet and exercise as a chore, its not, its your new life and its getting you where you want to be and fast. as soon as you get in, get your kit on and go, get it out of the way, then sit and relax, if you sit down it will be harder. you will face my evil wrath later if you dont...and as i said, im mean today. youve been warned.

got weighed this morning, ive lost 1/4 of a pound. which is fine as ive had extra on the 2 days i told you about and had 3 meals out...in fact im pretty pleased with that...normally a birthday would have meant at least a 3 pound gain..HA in your face old me!!! do regret losing that control tuesday though as i think that would have been a 1 pound loss, but hey ho...learn for it lou!!! tomorrow is looming, i know i can do it, i WILL make the best choices and i WILL set a drinks limit and stick to it. im only drinking gin and slimline or vodka, lime and soda..no wine this is my downfall. i will be over my cals for the day, but im ok with it, as its my choice and i will more than make up for it after...and as i have to report to you guys on sunday (or even early hours sunday lol) i will be working really hard to fight that part of me that wants to go wild as i know ill be getting a telling off and letting bonnie down ;)

feeling more positive after my exercise of cleaning and walking...so anyone thinking about shirking the exercise think on...it WILL improve your mood...do you know what? im going to do an exercise dvd tonight, screw it.

Hi bassers! Sorry if I am one of the offenders r.e. Chit chat!

Rod - I completely support your thread and your rules, and tough love IS going to get me to my target. Thank you for starting this thread, our first conversations really helped me turn a corner.

And well done on a butt-kicking loss :)

Lisajade the DISCIPLE, you are welcome

glad it's helped you. it's helped me too you know!

we've all offended, I eased up on me and everyone and I hated it, it looked like everywhere else - not the content, just the chaff

two places to go under the TL ethos is the way forward for now, that should suffice

the way I see it, you want to be hardcore, you stay out of the chat lounge

thank you for the well done, guess I'b better do it again next week eh?

Slipping/off plan as in not focussing on what I'm doing.Not as in eaten something I shouldn't have.

I have noticed over this last week when chit chating here and in other threads I have lost my focus.So I am going back to what I was doing before.This thread(when I need help) and my thread only.:)

Only I can control what I eat and only I can be blamed for anything I shouldn't be eating.

And I haven't 'slipped' I'm just not as focused.Lemon curd is allowed on Paleo and I just enjoyed a treat.....
35ktzf9.jpg

surely slipping off plan is the same as eating something you shouldnt be..and posting pics of cake is surely not alloowed in the tough love thread? if im not allowed to mention the word cheesecake your certainly not to post food pictures!!!!! still making excuses though girly....chit chat doesnt make you 'slip' or however you want to word it, YOU make you slip and it seems to me your looking for excuses to blame others not yourself, you say you know its your fault, btu i dont think you do....chatting to people doesnt make you blow your diet in real life, so why would chatting to someone on here make you slip? glad your back on it, but no more excuses or nonsense ;) or pictures of cake ...

Rod the Bass said:
thank you for the well done, guess I'b better do it again next week eh?

Do it! And a few more weeks after too :) you're really gonna be at goal in no time, you're my hero. You wouldn't want to let your disciple down now, would you?

GF, paleo cake or not, that photo HAS to come down , sorry sister, that is NOT fair on the angels is it?

Do it! And a few more weeks after too :) you're really gonna be at goal in no time, you're my hero. You wouldn't want to let your disciple down now, would you?

absolutely not

I intend to be a shining example of masculine virtue and effort

now stop toughing me and sort your flat out again, yes I know its tidy but it's good for you...

crack on then

you keep on chatting away down in the lounge, as long as you are walking the line, I'm fine up here in HQ, stalking the corridors, waiting for some wuss to stumble in with excuses and flimflam why they gained 2lb last week, I've heard it all before and I am waiting for you, whoever you are sister.....

Back