TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

sparty said:
Just updated my stats and added my sticker chief :) good luck on the bass hunting!

Hope they swim miles away so you have to chase after em and work up a sweat ;)

Kudos to you sasser - that's how it's done! I am seriously worried about my holiday. You should see the food lol. My iron will may be tough but I can't redesign the menus lol. Need to get planning!!

Thanks sparty! Being accountable is helping...as well as planning for the few days away. I was staying with my cousin, so I enlisted her help..and we cooked ourselves when we could. I brought low cal treat size stuff for my inevitable cravings!! (I had it all counted in my daily allowance first). I eat lots of fruit, drank a lot of water and exercised like a mad woman before I went...and straight back ino it when I came home. My planned indulgences were booze rather than food to be honest. I made sure that dinner was front loaded with veg, some protein, and I lessened my carbs.
Am heading to France for a week next Monday....and I think that will be a bigger test!! But I'm going in with the same approach, and the end in mind :)

Rod the Bass said:
thanks! I'll be there tomorrow 6am, got the redeye ferry into Rosslare

well done on the holiday thing, thats too cool!

you can have one of Lisajades stickers I think! lol

When I'm back on my own pc I will def be adding the cool new badges!
Word of warning going down to co Waterford. Not that I doubt ur resolve....cos its rock solid at 4 stone loss! But they have these soft bread roll sandwich things which have an Irish name...but it's pronounced 'blah' and they are normally bacon type sambos and are to be avoided at all costs!!!! The things I used to eat in a former life ....

gettingfit said:
Move you dinner time to between 6pm and 7pm then you won't need to snack.:)

Doesn't work like that with me. I ate at 7.30 and all I wanted to do was eat all night. Not been like that for ages. Luckily I had cals left. Plus I have 3 kids and I'm a big believer in eating altogether. It's our family time around the table. It's ok I can do it just needed it out there cos once I e told you lot I HAVE to do it or face a bollocking lol

I think I need to go away and think about it for a bit, and then come back when I have some kind of progress on target setting.

No matter what my weight and how stupid or unlikely it seems, I am always terrified, genuinely terrified, about returning to anorexia or bullemia. I spent 3 years of my life extremely ill and convinced that eventually I was going to die, or wishing that I would just so the sheer exhaustion of it all would end. And another 3 years rebuilding my life.

For a long time I have used that as an excuse for not dieting at all. I am not doing that now. I have tried to pick the healthiest plan that I could find, with minimal counting, weighing and other triggers. I am sticking to it as best I can while trying not to become obsessed.

Maybe this sounds like excuses. It probably is. But this is my reason/excuse why I find it so hard, so it may take me some time to come back to you with dates and goals. I'm not asking for special treatment -I love Tough Love as it is and I'm not trying to change it to suit me. I accept that your rule is all Bassers have to have a date.

So I may be quiet on here for a bit but I will still be reading while I think things through.

(And I know if I don't acknowledge and challenge my demons then nothing will change)

sorry going back a few pages, but just wanted to say that hi :) and am going through and hve gone through the same and know exactly of the terror u speak of! :) not much advise but hi :) xXx

Evening All - I thought Rod was already in Ireland! Ha Ha. Good luck, Sir - do us proud with your fishy endeavours! :)

Talking about holidays - I put on 3lbs when I was away in April and enjoyed every minute of it - but reversed it immediately the following week and with another 1lb off for extra. Did exactly the same at Christmas and then the other week when I was away for a few days I put 1lb on and then took 3lbs off last week. I think there's something with messing your system a little - kind of revs it up a bit. Still I wouldn't rely on this method for a sure-fire loss. The only way to avoid that is not to put the extra in your gob unless you are going to seriously do some exercise. :)

This is a tough love thread. It's purely for tough love advice, not for chatting, that was outlawed a few pages back lol.

Oooh Tough! Welcome to our world of special kind of love. x

Cat Lover Sue said:
Evening All - I thought Rod was already in Ireland! Ha Ha. Good luck, Sir - do us proud with your fishy endeavours! :)

Talking about holidays - I put on 3lbs when I was away in April and enjoyed every minute of it - but reversed it immediately the following week and with another 1lb off for extra. Did exactly the same at Christmas and then the other week when I was away for a few days I put 1lb on and then took 3lbs off last week. I think there's something with messing your system a little - kind of revs it up a bit. Still I wouldn't rely on this method for a sure-fire loss. The only way to avoid that is not to put the extra in your gob unless you are going to seriously do some exercise. :)

I put 5.5 pound on over Christmas week it took 3 weeks to get it off. Didn't do THAT again lol. I don't think it's a good thing to go off plan for a full week or whatever. You was probably temporarily bloated and retaining water rather than gaining actual fat

Haha. Damn right!!! Chit chats for the other thread or pm. This is for hard core advice, admissions of greatness of confessions of naughtiness and weight losses, not sweet hellos and kisses. If rod was here he would have FREAKED hahahahaha

(I do hope you realise I have a smirk on my face as I type this, do t want to be labelled a total b1tch :D)

Bonnie I'm waiting for you to report in????

I put 5.5 pound on over Christmas week it took 3 weeks to get it off. Didn't do THAT again lol. I don't think it's a good thing to go off plan for a full week or whatever. You was probably temporarily bloated and retaining water rather than gaining actual fat

Did you just call me a bloater?! :D

Good news and bad news for me at WI this week.

Good news - lost 2lbs.

Bad news - STUPIDLY made a bit of a pig of myself afterwards. The damage was this: hifi bar, curly wurly, packet of low fat crisps and then one medium frozen pizza. Now I recon half to three quarters of this was on plan (hardly ate anything else today bar fruit salad and veg salad) and the rest was just reckless damage with no excuse other than I felt tired and sorry for myself (long day).

Why I come over in this cloud of delusion on a wednesday night, where I fail to appreciate that the food I eat has the same number of calories as if I ate it any other night of the week (which I wouldn't dream of doing), I don;t know. My only positive was that as I stood in the frozen food isle in the supermarket, I managed to restrict myself from buying lot of other stuff...like frozen yoghurt and frozen chips and garlic bread to go with the pizza.

Still, this week I am going to loose 2lbs+ - this will take me into single figures in the 11's and just 1lb will net me my 1stone sticker.

BonnieBooBear said:
Good news and bad news for me at WI this week.

Good news - lost 2lbs.

Bad news - STUPIDLY made a bit of a pig of myself afterwards. The damage was this: hifi bar, curly wurly, packet of low fat crisps and then one medium frozen pizza. Now I recon half to three quarters of this was on plan (hardly ate anything else today bar fruit salad and veg salad) and the rest was just reckless damage with no excuse other than I felt tired and sorry for myself (long day).

Why I come over in this cloud of delusion on a wednesday night, where I fail to appreciate that the food I eat has the same number of calories as if I ate it any other night of the week (which I wouldn't dream of doing), I don;t know. My only positive was that as I stood in the frozen food isle in the supermarket, I managed to restrict myself from buying lot of other stuff...like frozen yoghurt and frozen chips and garlic bread to go with the pizza.

Still, this week I am going to loose 2lbs+ - this will take me into single figures in the 11's and just 1lb will net me my 1stone sticker.

Well done on the loss

You binged because you starved yourself today before weigh in and got to a point of hunger where you didn't care. I know I did it every weigh in cos mine was at 5. One week I was sick of it so I ate and drank normal and had a better loss than the several weeks previous. Just eat normally on weigh in day. U won't fool the scales and if anything you could be retaining water from eating so little. You probably haven't eaten enough in cals cos of starving yourself today to make you gain but that doesn't make it ok, you now feel rubbish about it and guilty. Not worth it is it? Plan better in future, weigh in night counts, every meal counts. If weighing in on a night throws you off track don't weigh in on a night. You know what your doing you don't need to pay someone a fiver to tell you what you weigh, your doing the diet 24/7, it's not the hour u spend in class that motivates you it YOU that motivates you. And if weighing in later doesn't work change it, you owe no loyalty to anyone other than yoursf. Do what suits you and don't doubt yourself.

conlou1 said:
No snacking from me tonight. Just 3 pints of juice. My tummy has been rumbling but it's not possible I'm hungry. So ignoring it. I've eaten enough!!! Hopefully tomorrow night won't be as hard, I think all the white bread I had Sunday stretched my stomach or something

Ive had cravings all the way home from work for rubbish and i know im not hungry but its so annoying coz i start thinking ov naughty foods and wat i wud love to eat! Argued with myself all the way lol and got home n had sum velvet crunch well within my syns so im going bed before i demolish sum ova naughty foods!

Back