TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

conlou1 said:
Well done on the loss

You binged because you starved yourself today before weigh in and got to a point of hunger where you didn't care. I know I did it every weigh in cos mine was at 5. One week I was sick of it so I ate and drank normal and had a better loss than the several weeks previous. Just eat normally on weigh in day. U won't fool the scales and if anything you could be retaining water from eating so little. You probably haven't eaten enough in cals cos of starving yourself today to make you gain but that doesn't make it ok, you now feel rubbish about it and guilty. Not worth it is it? Plan better in future, weigh in night counts, every meal counts. If weighing in on a night throws you off track don't weigh in on a night. You know what your doing you don't need to pay someone a fiver to tell you what you weigh, your doing the diet 24/7, it's not the hour u spend in class that motivates you it YOU that motivates you. And if weighing in later doesn't work change it, you owe no loyalty to anyone other than yoursf. Do what suits you and don't doubt yourself.

Perfect answer. It doesn't matter that it is weigh-in day, fact is you woud have eaten badly anyway because you ate so little throughout the day.

I am with Lou. If weighing in the evening doesn't work, the morning might be better!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

I want to thank Lou for her advice a couple of weeks back. I lowered my target last week from 10 stone to 9 stone 8.5lb (my weight last week) because the weight kept coming off. This week I've eaten out a few times and had a few treats along the way (still no alcohol this month though) and I weighed in tonight at 9 stone 10lb (1.5lb on). I'm really pleased with this because I'm learning just how much I can eat and indulge, and next week I can be on plan and do loads of exercise and not worry about going too far under target. School holidays start Friday which means I am free to run, walk, cycle and go to the gym all day long :) I have a 26 mile walk for charity on 8th September, so that's my focus for the next 6 weeks. Bring on some sunshine and my life will be complete :)

I had a little snack after my dinner but it was well within syn limits and it's a real rarity for me these days. I had 2 pieces of chocolate honeycomb so nothing even that big. I synned it at the same as a fun size crunchie at 4 syns.

The only reason I have it in is because my cousin and her hubby have bought an old fashioned sweet shop and I went last weekend to get some prezzies. I thought I would go mad but was restrained enough to only get myself a small bag of these. And it's doing me the world of good by practicing being in control and having it in moderation aka on plan. Tonight is the first time I have had any!!

I had a little snack after my dinner but it was well within syn limits and it's a real rarity for me these days. I had 2 pieces of chocolate honeycomb so nothing even that big. I synned it at the same as a fun size crunchie at 4 syns.

The only reason I have it in is because my cousin and her hubby have bought an old fashioned sweet shop and I went last weekend to get some prezzies. I thought I would go mad but was restrained enough to only get myself a small bag of these. And it's doing me the world of good by practicing being in control and having it in moderation aka on plan. Tonight is the first time I have had any!!

Well done you for keeping control. My sweet tooth is definitely the thing that would trip me up.

Off swimming after work today. I was supposed to have dinner with my school but I am going to unavoidably develop a 'headache' at about 3.30 and go home and 'nap' i.e. go swimming.

Free food- I am rejecting it because I want to exercise. Go me :D

Sorry, went a bit AWOL for a while...not from the plan just from the thread! Have managed to lose another pound this wk, that makes more in the past three weeks than I had lost since October last year. I think I may have finally cracked this...TL is exactly what I need. I've been hanging around this 13st mark for waaaaayyy too long, justifying it to myself by saying things like ' Oh this must be my natural weight' etc.etc blah, blah. Am going to put some time into updating my stats and tickers later on - off to work for now!

Oh and Rod: Dec 24th 2012...that's my goal. There now I've said it.

the boss is off catching bass at the moment but he will be pleased you are back (and well done on setting the goal date!)

onwards and downwards!!

Morning all, had my proper weigh in today...and am pleased with a half pound off!! It doesn't sound like much..I know...but after a holiday, I'm delighted. Holidays used to mean 6lb gains for me!! Am happy with this result :)

Well done on the loss

You binged because you starved yourself today before weigh in and got to a point of hunger where you didn't care. I know I did it every weigh in cos mine was at 5. One week I was sick of it so I ate and drank normal and had a better loss than the several weeks previous. Just eat normally on weigh in day. U won't fool the scales and if anything you could be retaining water from eating so little. You probably haven't eaten enough in cals cos of starving yourself today to make you gain but that doesn't make it ok, you now feel rubbish about it and guilty. Not worth it is it? Plan better in future, weigh in night counts, every meal counts. If weighing in on a night throws you off track don't weigh in on a night. You know what your doing you don't need to pay someone a fiver to tell you what you weigh, your doing the diet 24/7, it's not the hour u spend in class that motivates you it YOU that motivates you. And if weighing in later doesn't work change it, you owe no loyalty to anyone other than yoursf. Do what suits you and don't doubt yourself.

You are so right about the starving thing. I am definitely not doing it next week, I wasn't trying to starve myself for weigh in (OK, maybe a bit) but I always plan a pizza night for a wednesday - it is late to cook a proper meal and I love pizza! And this means I have to ease off the rest of the day. But yeah, I think that particular habit has to go. Next week I will be organised and have something I have batch cooked ready for when I get home.

Other than that I am happy with the class thing, I probably could do it alone now I have TL on my side, but personally I really like the regularity of weighing once a week and the people there are all lovely. It is a bit more positive than lots of groups I have gone to before, where people sit around and laugh because they have spent the day scoffing cookies and been 'naughty'.

No snacking from me tonight. Just 3 pints of juice. My tummy has been rumbling but it's not possible I'm hungry. So ignoring it. I've eaten enough!!! Hopefully tomorrow night won't be as hard, I think all the white bread I had Sunday stretched my stomach or something

Well done, sorry I missed the 'no snack night' - I agree, for me it is all or nothing, and if I start to have something after dinner, I don't stop picking. I just drink shedloads of tea! Also find when I do something with my hands when watching TV (like knitting - I knit the most disgusting odd looking socks in the world!) or hemming a dress I made, or cross stitch or something (I know it is middle aged, but it keeps the hands busy!) then I am MUCH less likely to snack - can't knit with crumbs or sticky stuff all over my fingers!

Perfect answer. It doesn't matter that it is weigh-in day, fact is you woud have eaten badly anyway because you ate so little throughout the day.

I am with Lou. If weighing in the evening doesn't work, the morning might be better!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

I would prefer to weigh in the morning, but stupid work gets in the way :-(

I must confess to eating exactly the same measly crumbs every weigh-in day. 1 banana, 30g fruit and fibre with a yoghurt. I then stop drinking from 3pm. I weigh in at 5:30, don't usually get home til 7:30, and I have just decided to change this since reading your comments. Its ridiculous. It has led to many a night of bad eating after WI, though not lately. Tonight I will go well fed, well-hydrated and because I have also started my boxing club this week, after a long time without any real exercise, possibly some water retention too. Sounds like a recipe for a gain, but it will mean a cracking loss next week, and the weeks and months after. Well worth it :)

Morning all, had my proper weigh in today...and am pleased with a half pound off!! It doesn't sound like much..I know...but after a holiday, I'm delighted. Holidays used to mean 6lb gains for me!! Am happy with this result :)

On the scale of things Sasser, that is a great result, well done.

Someone at my SW group just got back from a week in france and put on 9.5lbs!! His excuse was that 'it was raining so I couldn't go out'. I sniggered to myself, god if Rod had only heard that...

Bonnie have you thought of brushing your teeth after dinner? I do that sometimes as I HATE eating with a toothpastey mouth. Makes you feel all fresh and you might think twice about snacking!

I think you really need to get a handle on the pizza night thing. Is it something you could make a bit healthier? Do you home make the pizza (or could you make it the day before ready?) as this will be much better than a shop bought one. Or maybe you could have pizza every other week and have something else in between? You can always batch make yummy food so there is no reason why you would have to cook a proper meal if its too late. You could make some meat dishes for the freezer and then have it with salad or something like that. (or lasagne, chilli the list goes on)

In terms of the other snacks - you have no excuse for that. You know it was bad. It seems odd to me that weigh day (the day you get your fab results and your boost of self confidence) is the one where you have difficulty. Something psychological maybe? Can you eat before you go? What time is WI? Maybe if you had an apple or some other fruit before you went you could better control your hunger urges?

BonnieBooBear said:
On the scale of things Sasser, that is a great result, well done.

Someone at my SW group just got back from a week in france and put on 9.5lbs!! His excuse was that 'it was raining so I couldn't go out'. I sniggered to myself, god if Rod had only heard that...

Thanks bonnie, you had a good loss too. And fair play for re-thinking how u will approach ur weigh in days from now on.

I don't go to someone to get weighed anymore...I do it myself, first thing in the morning each week. It took me ages to break away from going to a group...but actually, I can be accountable to just me, and I'm a much harsher critic!!

A big habit I still struggle with is not binging after I weigh...it's such an old habit...and takes a huge effort to break! It's the whole thing of realising I'm not a dog that should be rewarded with food!

How does or did anyone else break this habit???

I weigh in the morning now - used to be after work but I found I wanted more synful dinners when I did this. So first thing Monday morning when I wake up Ihop on the scales. Then I have to rush around getting ready for the commute and have breakfast at work. By then I am really hungry so happy to tuck into my healthy brekkie (strawberries, home made granola (1 syn per portion) and a muller light over the top). Then I have to start work so don't even think about binging!

I STS this week after what I thoughgt was quite a good week. Could some of you lovely mean people take a look at my food diary and give me a kick in the ass? Link in my signature xx

Back