TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Kerchiinnngg 5 miles racked up, nice shower and ff veg lasagne in the oven- and it's still only 7 so have a nice long evening to enjoy. Who said losing weight had to take over your whole life?

BonnieBooBear said:
Kerchiinnngg 5 miles racked up, nice shower and ff veg lasagne in the oven- and it's still only 7 so have a nice long evening to enjoy. Who said losing weight had to take over your whole life?

Good lass :) nicely done.

I've just had my tea and a freddo for pudding. That's it now for rest of the night. Been to docs about that pain and he doesn't know what it is so I have to go for a scan FFS talk about things going wrong lol. So no heavy exercise for me til it's sorted. I'll have to stick to walking.

Nice one Bonnie, very impressive!
Lou - sorry to hear about your pain. Docs eh - always like to sit on the fence. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for a scan.

Finished my exercise week tonight with the bells. Nice break to Sunday now. Pleasantly achy but at least I've cooled down a bit. Torrential rain today followed by high winds and then a heatwave just in time for my exercising. Mega sweat-tastic. Still that's what showers are for.

Lasange for me tonight (WW one) with a huge salad followed by strawberries. Yum - and all within plan. :)

Cat Lover Sue said:
Nice one Bonnie, very impressive!
Lou - sorry to hear about your pain. Docs eh - always like to sit on the fence. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for a scan.

Finished my exercise week tonight with the bells. Nice break to Sunday now. Pleasantly achy but at least I've cooled down a bit. Torrential rain today followed by high winds and then a heatwave just in time for my exercising. Mega sweat-tastic. Still that's what showers are for.

Lasange for me tonight (WW one) with a huge salad followed by strawberries. Yum - and all within plan. :)

He didn't think it was a hernia but just wanted to
Rule it out. It started months ago when I did 30 day shred but I just thought I pulled a muscle so left it for a while. Starred again Friday and it came back straight away, but it's aching all the time. It's just one specific spot do he wants to check it out. I'm surprised I expected to be fobbed off with paracetamol lol.

Well done on the exercise and on plan day!!!

conlou1 said:
Rule it out. It started months ago when I did 30 day shred but I just thought I pulled a muscle so left it for a while. Starred again Friday and it came back straight away, but it's aching all the time. It's just one specific spot do he wants to check it out. I'm surprised I expected to be fobbed off with paracetamol lol.

Hope ur ok lou :) xx

Kapow! 20k on the bike, Quorn burger and crispbreads for dinner, followed by meringue nest, tons of fruit and 25g Tesco low fat icecream. All planned, all pointed...OH brought home Hunky dory buffalos though....my kryptonite, I love crisps! Instead of sitting drooling about them though I will have 4 points out of the 8 I earned for the cycle and have some, savour them and enjoy them. Before I would have resisted all night and then ate three packs the next day!

Sorry asked what it was on the other thread, so ignore...shame it wasn't a quick diagnosis but good they are taking it seriously. I would hope that even Rod would agree this is a valid reason not to push it with the exercise. But you will have to be extra good with the food! (of course you will).

Kapow! 20k on the bike, Quorn burger and crispbreads for dinner, followed by meringue nest, tons of fruit and 25g Tesco low fat icecream. All planned, all pointed...OH brought home Hunky dory buffalos though....my kryptonite, I love crisps! Instead of sitting drooling about them though I will have 4 points out of the 8 I earned for the cycle and have some, savour them and enjoy them. Before I would have resisted all night and then ate three packs the next day!

Wow well done, 20k is fab. Is that outside or on an exercise bike? A-mazin. Well done for the sensible choice with the crisps.

0.5lb off for me tonight. Its a loss, so I am banned from beating myself up too much :)

A range of factors might contribute to this - I ate well before WI for the first time, on star week yet again - fifth week in a row (roll on 24th!), and I have started exercising again after months of slacking. I'm pushing out all the stops this week, I want to get into the 15s desperately.

Oh - and I got my 2 stone award!

0.5lb off for me tonight. Its a loss, so I am banned from beating myself up too much :)

A range of factors might contribute to this - I ate well before WI for the first time, on star week yet again - fifth week in a row (roll on 24th!), and I have started exercising again after months of slacking. I'm pushing out all the stops this week, I want to get into the 15s desperately.

hey well done!!! well done for not fasting before weigh in, at least you know next weeks weigh in will be your definite weight loss and not food in your belly, just dont make the mistake of then fasting next week to get a better loss or your back to square one.

hey well done!!! well done for not fasting before weigh in, at least you know next weeks weigh in will be your definite weight loss and not food in your belly, just dont make the mistake of then fasting next week to get a better loss or your back to square one.

Cheers Lou :) I know its not a great number, I'm not kidding myself that its what I'm aiming for, but starving before weigh-in was so daft! I haven't even eaten anything after tonight's WI which is a first.

lisajade said:
Cheers Lou :) I know its not a great number, I'm not kidding myself that its what I'm aiming for, but starving before weigh-in was so daft! I haven't even eaten anything after tonight's WI which is a first.

You e broken that cycle now. You faced it and still had a loss. You'll cut out the post weigh in binges and yes your actual weight will be less than what you weigh on a night with food etc in your belly but at least your not starving yourself then binging and your not going to be panicking thinking that you've had an apple extra so will gain an extra pound at weigh in lol (was that just me?) just eat normal and weigh in, whatever you lose will be shown on the scales. You've gone the hard bit of breaking the cycle so well done!! Onwards and downwards.

Just a quick post to say I will be dropping out of Tough Love thread for a bit.

You all gave me some useful feedback yesterday (and indeed the last few weeks) and I'm extremely grateful. It has really helped informed my decision.

I won't give a full account, as of course TL is a no-excuses zone and most of my reasons are of course excuses (!), but just a quick summary.

I started SW as a framework to break my binge cycle, on the advice of a counsellor/dietician with a special interest in EDs. Her advice was to focus on healthy eating for a few months and not necessarily losses. I chose to "forgot" this advice, but I've realised I need to remain mindful of it. I've lost 1/2st so far just from following SW and not binging, and I'm sure as long as I stay on the straight and narrow that'll continue, but the losses are secondary to me and my real goal right now is to deal with my baggage and address some of my eating "issues".

I will NOT be binging, and I will be sticking to SW. Because of these two promises, I WILL continue to lose.

But as my focus is on sorting my head out, and not directly on loss or maintaining, I'm on a slightly different trajectory to most of you at the moment, and that's fine but I don't want to be a distraction constantly pulling the thread in another direction. You are all doing amazingly well, and very dedicated and I'll use that to inspire me.

In a few months, if things are going well for me and my head is in the right place, I will be right back on here and giving you a goal date and a target and being as dedicated as the rest of you wonderful people.

Thanks for all the tough love, I have absorbed and am processing all of it, and appreciate all the time and advice given.

To those on the SW boards, see you around!

Totally understand Jezzi- it sounds to me like you have a lot more issues to work through than rest of us, so it's important you take the time to get in to the correct headspace. Keep working on your issues- you've got all the Bassers behind you!

You're misunderstanding me, though. I'm not disappointed in the loss at all. It's just the realisation that there's such a long long road ahead. There's ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I'm quitting, and I'm just going to channel my frustration into other stuff, but even if the loss stays the same (which it won't) then I've got another 20 weeks of this to go. Probably more like 25-30 weeks realistically.

That's a bloody long time to go without proper food. And there's nothing going to make me happy about losing weight, because I'm so angry at the weight being there in the first place.

Part of me thinks "Yeah, I could probably quit this and switch to a calorie counted diet" but then I occasionally still feel the same cravings for pizza and McDs that caused all the trouble. Food addiction, it's a nasty, nasty thing.

But the simple story is this. Once upon a time, I crammed all that food into my mouth. No-one has force fed me a morsel. And now it's payback time.

Everyone in this thread is a lovely person, and you've REALLY helped me in many ways, especially getting started on the exercise. That's where I need the support - the weight loss will be what it will be. Like I said, if you feed a fat bloke 570 calories a day, chances are he'll get thinner.

If there's one lesson to be learned from this thread, it's that if you have a diet plan, and you have an exercise plan, and you stick to them honestly, then you WILL end up with the body shape you want. And the only person between you and that goal is yourself. I've got that well and truly burned into my psyche, but for me that goal is an awfully long way away.

So I hope you'll forgive me if I don't do a cartwheel every week. It doesn't mean I'm down on myself, or that I'm giving up. I've got my goals mapped out down below, and I'll be happy when I hit number two next week, and number three in a few weeks time.

Blimey that was a cathartic old ramble. If this thread charged for psychotherapy it could afford to buy us all a gastric band!

Kudos to you Smiley. I think you and Starlight are the only VLCDers in the thread- I don't think I could do it so you have my full respect. I'm sure you'll be fine for the rest of your journery. I just think some of us want you to know that you're doing great. Don't put down what you achieve each week. The fact you are making these changes is fantastic!

Good lass :) nicely done.

I've just had my tea and a freddo for pudding. That's it now for rest of the night. Been to docs about that pain and he doesn't know what it is so I have to go for a scan FFS talk about things going wrong lol. So no heavy exercise for me til it's sorted. I'll have to stick to walking.

Boo, Lou that sucks. Hopefully they can find out what it is!

Congrats on your 2stone award- go and change your sticker pronto. You are doing really well- I bet you'll have a bigger loss next week :D

And in good news for me, all four pairs of work trousers are now loose on me! I had a pair which back in March I couldn't wear because they left such awful marks on my skin (for days!). I am wearing them today and they are too loose! I really need a belt, haha. Makes me feel so proud of myself. Today is also the last day of school before a month off for the summer holiday so I won't be wearing these again for a while- can't wait to see what they feel like in a month's time!

Ok guys I need a different kind of tough love.

My doctor put me on anti depressants last week and my appetite has absolutely gone. I have no interest in my VLCD packs, I dont feel hungry I dont want to eat I just want to stay in bed.

Im night shift this week and cant even get a good sleep, Im going from night shift to having to go to court this morning (Im with the police) so Ill be up for a good 24 hours.

Ive lost 5lbs this week but not sure I can even take credit for that

Heeeeeeeeeelp

My doctor put me on anti depressants last week and my appetite has absolutely gone. I have no interest in my VLCD packs, I dont feel hungry I dont want to eat I just want to stay in bed.

Im night shift this week and cant even get a good sleep, Im going from night shift to having to go to court this morning (Im with the police) so Ill be up for a good 24 hours.

Heeeeeeeeeelp

Hey Starlight.

I'm sorry about the nightshifts and the anti-depressants. Sound like you're having a bit of a week.

The only thing I can say is that food is a fuel and your body needs it. You may not want to but your body NEEDS those packs. Otherwise, when you do start taking them again, you'll put on the 5lbs you've lost because your body is in Starvation mode.

If I were you, look at your routine and set eating times. Time for your packs where you refuel your body. It doesn't matter how you feel, it doesn't matter if you don't want to, eat at set times. Set alarms if you have to. Make sure your body is getting what it needs- it does not need to be starved!

Try to do a little moving around each day too- hopefully this will improve your energy levels.

I don't know anything about anti-depressants so I have no idea if this is normal, but if this persists, go and see your GP. Having your appetite affected isn't cool!

Hey starlight i suffer from depression also and wat u r describing is not right at all get back to the drs u shudnt b feeling like this in fact u shud b feeling the opposite! Wen i started new tablets i cudnt sleep n felt full iv energy so it cud b that ur tablets dont agree with u xx
And as everyone has already sed defo eat sumthin thats very important hun!

I just got weighed this morning and it says 10.13 3/4. I don't understand? I have stuck rigidly to low cals all week, cut out snacking, increased fluid, walked loads, I weighed 10.12 on Tuesday? How can I put 2 pound on since Tuesday after doing all that? I can't up
My exercise cos of tummy problems til I know what I'm dealing with and I think 3 hours 40 minutes of walking in one bloody day should be enough. I increased my cals to 1400 this week from 1200 cos someone said I should be having T least my BMR cals but maybe that's just too many for me? Feeling really really peed off right now. I will re weigh in a bit cos sometimes I do weigh more in a morning, but I am not a happy camper today.

the curse of weighing too much may have kicked in a bit lou?? Is today your official weigh day or an extra one? If its not official weigh day then try not to let it get to you. If you haev upped your calories then that may be what happened this time. Who was it that told you to up them? I dont understand the reason why they suggested it to you - what does BMR calories mean?

sparty said:
the curse of weighing too much may have kicked in a bit lou?? Is today your official weigh day or an extra one? If its not official weigh day then try not to let it get to you. If you haev upped your calories then that may be what happened this time. Who was it that told you to up them? I dont understand the reason why they suggested it to you - what does BMR calories mean?

Today's official weigh in. Bmr is basic metabolic rate, the amount of cals you burn if you were to
Just lay in bed doing nothing. I've been having 1300-1500 a day since Monday, so still should have clocked up a loss of some sort :/ but to be fair I just sat and went through MFP and all my diaries and I was way over on a few days last week and Saturday and Sunday cos of the meals for birthday anniversary and hen weekend. It's probably just caught up with me. I feel really constipated aswell. Dr said to get some lactulose so I'll get some today. I think I'll just put cals back to 1200 again but my
Worry with that is that when I plateau again, which I will, I'll have to drop it to 1000 which is barely anything and I wanted to
Find a way of eating that's sustainable I don't want to starve myself. God I really feel
Bunged up, I hope it's just that. What's that tea someone mentioned that makes you go?? Sorry for being down I just wasn't expecting a gain, I weighed on Tuesday and it said I'd sts from Friday so was sure I'd have lost.

Starlight said:

Heeeeeeeeeelp

Hi Starlight! One thing you must remember is that it can take several weeks before the antidepressants are working correctly. When I started mine, I'd say it was about 4 weeks before I felt great. I think the tiredness for me was part of my body recovering from all the anxiety, and it wore off after I got used to them.

I have been on them for a couple of years now, and I wouldn't be without them. Give it a few weeks before deciding if they are for you or not. In the meantime, rest even if you can't sleep, have your packs whether you want them or not, and give yourself a break! You're recovering :)

Back