TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Ok guys I need a different kind of tough love.

My doctor put me on anti depressants last week and my appetite has absolutely gone. I have no interest in my VLCD packs, I dont feel hungry I dont want to eat I just want to stay in bed.

Im night shift this week and cant even get a good sleep, Im going from night shift to having to go to court this morning (Im with the police) so Ill be up for a good 24 hours.

Ive lost 5lbs this week but not sure I can even take credit for that

Heeeeeeeeeelp

sorry totally missed this in my gain frenzy
youve lost weight, you can take credit, admittedly if you havent been eating thats not the best way, but youve lost it all the same. what tablets has he put you on? i tried 3 different types of anti depressants but every one of them gave me horrid side effects, ive had counselling which was brilliant and im a self taught cbt fan..the book cognitive behaviour therapy for dummies was a real life changer for me, i got it off amazon for a tenner, well worth it, it helped over come my anxiety and just to think about things differently. it really does help. anti depressants can make you feel worse before you feel better, but if the side effects are unbearable then go back to your doctor hun. the last ones i tried were brilliant but unfortunately made me incontinent !!!!! so had to stop taking them, ive been ok since then though (touch wood) just take it easy and try to eat something or that will make you feel worse, if i dont eat i get panic attacks...so just think of eating as a way to help your mood. hope your ok

0.5lb off for me tonight. Its a loss, so I am banned from beating myself up too much :)

A range of factors might contribute to this - I ate well before WI for the first time, on star week yet again - fifth week in a row (roll on 24th!), and I have started exercising again after months of slacking. I'm pushing out all the stops this week, I want to get into the 15s desperately.

Oh - and I got my 2 stone award!

Well done LJ! 2 stone is fantastic. You need your basser sticker updated! It is hard when you don't loose what you think you deserve, but women put on up to 7lbs on star week in fluid - I bet you have a massive loss next week. Well done, off is off!

I just got weighed this morning and it says 10.13 3/4. I don't understand? I have stuck rigidly to low cals all week, cut out snacking, increased fluid, walked loads, I weighed 10.12 on Tuesday? How can I put 2 pound on since Tuesday after doing all that? I can't up
My exercise cos of tummy problems til I know what I'm dealing with and I think 3 hours 40 minutes of walking in one bloody day should be enough. I increased my cals to 1400 this week from 1200 cos someone said I should be having T least my BMR cals but maybe that's just too many for me? Feeling really really peed off right now. I will re weigh in a bit cos sometimes I do weigh more in a morning, but I am not a happy camper today.

Wasn't your weigh in on the weekend? Poor you, this is really annoying and demotivating, but I am telling you what you already know - there are a million and one different factors which make you temporarily heavier and if you stick with the programme, you will get your rewards in time.

However, if you have genuinely put on, it is always the same culprits:

creeping portion sizes
not recording every last thing you eat
not drinking enough water
eating too many calories - 1400 doesn't seem too much to me, but I guess if your bod is used to 1200 it is technically an excess?

or in your case....using the scales in a different room?

Whatever it is, stay positive, know it works because you have achieved so much. You have had a biatch of a week, is it possible it is one of the things above? If so, deal with it, if not, lick your wounds, head up and move on.

Wasn't your weigh in on the weekend? Poor you, this is really annoying and demotivating, but I am telling you what you already know - there are a million and one different factors which make you temporarily heavier and if you stick with the programme, you will get your rewards in time.

However, if you have genuinely put on, it is always the same culprits:

creeping portion sizes
not recording every last thing you eat
not drinking enough water
eating too many calories - 1400 doesn't seem too much to me, but I guess if your bod is used to 1200 it is technically an excess?

or in your case....using the scales in a different room?

Whatever it is, stay positive, know it works because you have achieved so much. You have had a biatch of a week, is it possible it is one of the things above? If so, deal with it, if not, lick your wounds, head up and move on.

Sorry Lou, just re-read your post and see that you have ruled out most of the above. Not sure what to say but I know you won't let this hold you back.

BonnieBooBear said:
Sorry Lou, just re-read your post and see that you have ruled out most of the above. Not sure what to say but I know you won't let this hold you back.

No I think it is possibly the last week of going over with booze etc. not sure why it would show a sts immediately after but a gain several days later but hey ho. It could be down to my tummy problem but I don't want to use this as an excuse. I dont feel like I e gained :/ hey ho. I've adjusted MFP so my intake is 1200 again and I'll just leave it as that tbh I felt like I was eating too
Much at 1400. Maybe I've been a bit complacent without realising, I don't think I have but I will be very mindful this week of what I eat. Already cut the snacks out again so I think I'll just cut portion size down again. The other thing I had rice for tea last night, within my allowance of course ( I had 1300 cals yesterday) but pasta makes me mysteriously gain 2 pound over night I'm wondering if maybe its related. Just clasping at straws now aren't I? I will update my stats to show my gain when I get on lappy and just deal with it. I think I'm going to get weighed at boots, I threw the box away to my scales but they don't turn on unless you pick them up and bang them on the floor so
I'm gonna ring catalogue to see if they'll still take them back as they're meant to turn on by pressing the middle. Then I won't have scales in the house.

My doctor put me on anti depressants last week and my appetite has absolutely gone. I have no interest in my VLCD packs, I dont feel hungry I dont want to eat I just want to stay in bed.

Im night shift this week and cant even get a good sleep, Im going from night shift to having to go to court this morning (Im with the police) so Ill be up for a good 24 hours.

Heeeeeeeeeelp

Might not be only the antidepressants. During my second week I stopped wanting to eat at all as well - it's just super-ketosis kicking in. Forcing down the shakes was miserable, but you've got to remember that without the essential vitamins, proteins, minerals and glucose in that pack, you're going to get REALLY ill - your body will start to properly starve leading to heart failure and brain damage.

Chug your way through it, sister - it's not food, it's anti-starvation medicine.

No I think it is possibly the last week of going over with booze etc. not sure why it would show a sts immediately after but a gain several days later but hey ho. It could be down to my tummy problem but I don't want to use this as an excuse. I dont feel like I e gained :/ hey ho. I've adjusted MFP so my intake is 1200 again and I'll just leave it as that tbh I felt like I was eating too
Much at 1400. Maybe I've been a bit complacent without realising, I don't think I have but I will be very mindful this week of what I eat. Already cut the snacks out again so I think I'll just cut portion size down again. The other thing I had rice for tea last night, within my allowance of course ( I had 1300 cals yesterday) but pasta makes me mysteriously gain 2 pound over night I'm wondering if maybe its related. Just clasping at straws now aren't I? I will update my stats to show my gain when I get on lappy and just deal with it. I think I'm going to get weighed at boots, I threw the box away to my scales but they don't turn on unless you pick them up and bang them on the floor so
I'm gonna ring catalogue to see if they'll still take them back as they're meant to turn on by pressing the middle. Then I won't have scales in the house.

I recon that's the way to go anyway. I know it is much debated, but once a week (or twice if you really have to) takes the stress out of incidents like this one. I made my boyf keep my scales in his car, but even that didn't work because I couldn't resist having a peek, and found myself standing on the driveway weighing myself at night. WTF? So took the batteries out, threw them in the flowerbed somewhere (they were only the tiny calculator ones so no environmental disaster!) and won't buy new batteries until I can learn to weigh myself more sensibly! Have to say it was the best thing I have ever done.

Failing that, can you take something you KNOW to be a certain weight - like a certain number of tins or bags of new flour etc, and just check they are weighing accurately?

BonnieBooBear said:
I recon that's the way to go anyway. I know it is much debated, but once a week (or twice if you really have to) takes the stress out of incidents like this one. I made my boyf keep my scales in his car, but even that didn't work because I couldn't resist having a peek, and found myself standing on the driveway weighing myself at night. WTF? So took the batteries out, threw them in the flowerbed somewhere (they were only the tiny calculator ones so no environmental disaster!) and won't buy new batteries until I can learn to weigh myself more sensibly! Have to say it was the best thing I have ever done.

Failing that, can you take something you KNOW to be a certain weight - like a certain number of tins or bags of new flour etc, and just check they are weighing accurately?

Well my daughter got weighed at hospital and she was 26 pound but on my scales she was 2 stone and half a pound ? But that's not a good indicator of accurateness is it ha ha. Hmm I'll put one of Steves weights on it and report back ;) lol

Well Steves weights won't even register on there I think cos it has to be 2 feet rather than a lump in the middle? Not sure. Peed off though they cost me 35 quid. Oh and I've lost half a pound since this morning. I'm sending them back haha

Weigh yourself, then weigh yourself holding the weights? Then if the difference between the two is the weight of the weights (if you get my drift) then you will know they work.

My feet hurt a lot today as I have blisters (and stupidly wore new shoes) but I still went walking. A brisk 20 mins to the shop to buy a bottle of water lol.

BonnieBooBear said:
Weigh yourself, then weigh yourself holding the weights? Then if the difference between the two is the weight of the weights (if you get my drift) then you will know they work.

Did it and they are foooked. Weighed 11.1 then 11.2 with a 1.5 kg weight in my hands then got on again and I weighed 11.2 then 11.3 and a half with weights. I weighed 10.13 and a quarter before my bath. Stupid things.

Heeeeeeeeeelp

sorry to hear all that. I would make sure you try and eat or at least get your packs in otherwise I'd be worried you will be short nutritionally and your depression could get worse[I read it in a book].

if you really can't eat / face your packs i would go back to your dr

hope you feel better soon.

sorry to hear all that. I would make sure you try and eat or at least get your packs in otherwise I'd be worried you will be short nutritionally and your depression could get worse[I read it in a book].

if you really can't eat / face your packs i would go back to your dr

hope you feel better soon.

Welcome to the Tough Love thread Stupid.

We are a friendly and supportive bunch, but if you're going to post here you may wish to consider changing your name, tagline, avatar, start date and diet, and setting a goal date. We don't have many rules here on this thread but I think you have broken most of them! We're all about positivity and straight talking here :)

well despite feeling like poo, ive managed an hours walking, an hours cleaning and ive had barely any cals. im aiming to have below 1200 for the next few days shock my body into action. im not having it, i refuse to sit and feel sorry for myself....ive done something wrong, you dont gain 2 pound for no good reason, and im not pinning the blame on anything other than the fact i have clearly eaten too much. screw you stomach, you wont win this one!!! salmon and veg for tea, ive had tea later as someone suggested to stop me thinking of food all night, ive even knocked the sugar free juice on the head, just water. im drinking detox tea aswell. aaaah i feel slimmer already. i lost that battle this morning but i WILL NOT lose the war. boooooyaaaaa

And get some bloody scales that work Lou! :)

Last day of term and I fell victim to the cake sharing sorority. Doh! Off to walk the dogs now, then gym in the morning followed by a 12 mile walk. Back on plan now for the holidays and I shall remember to take my TOIL on the last day of term off next year.

Last night was a success. I ate within plan and I had one calorie free fizzy drink which was disgusting- won't be bothering with one of those again!

Beach party tonight and I will not be drinking and will eat beforehand. Nothing I can't handle!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Back