TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

slimmersally said:
Hey Lou :)
Why don't you set yourself a temporary target - say an even 10st 10lb or a BMI of 24.5 (whatever, although I from memory you're not a BMI fan!!), then plan to maintain this target until your pain is fixed and you know more about your daughter's health issues. Once you're in a better place you can revise your target down. By setting a target a little lower than it is now you won't be in danger of just giving up and perhaps putting weight back on, but it may help to take the pressure off a little . . .

Food for thought (calorie free!!)

x Sally

Yeah that's not a bad idea actually. My mini goal was 10.7, my pre pregnancy weight. I could just aim for that and then just eat healthy and carry on but perhaps not get so hung up on scales. Thanks, I'll go for a walk clear my head and report back :)

Lou

Your scales are probably so crap that when you weigh in at Boots you will probably weigh closer to 10 stone and all this worry will have been for nothing!

Well done fit being honest. That thing of feeling sorry for yourself is really common and I fall victim (haha) to it now and again too. There's a bit about it in my book. Defo getting it out tonight. I didn't get round to sending them back tbh plus I threw the box away so not sure how to send them back? I'll just keep them but use them as a rough guide if I ever can't get to boots. I'm going today to weigh in. If I'm over 11 I will be really upset but it will be my own fault. I'll report in once I've been :) today is operation get focused, writing my previous post actually made me realise that the problem is I'm just getting a but down about everything that's going on in my personal life but this isn't an excuse to put weight on....that won't help anyone. Feel free to give me a virtual slap.

Lou, c'mon! Just you wait until Rod gets back!
I understand how the health issues have given you a new perspective - we are all a bit guilty of getting a little bit obsessed with losing weight and it doesn't have to be on your mind 24/7 to keep losing in the background. You have come so far, I get that you probably feel so much better about yourself than you did when you started losing, but don't you think you deserve to get to your goal? If you are anything like me, you aren't massive, in that people don't look at you in the street and think how fat you are, but you aren't 'thin' either. A little push now for these last couple of months will get you there - where instead of having an 'alright' figure, you have a 'gorgeous' figure. Maybe one day I will be satisfied to just be healthy and be able to do the active things I want to do (and I am sure neither of us take this for granted) but FFS I am 30 years old and for once, just once, in my life I WANT TO BE FECKING THIN!! And look good in a bikini, and buy the smaller sizes in the shops which are the only things left in the sales, etc etc. Perhaps I am making assumptions here but isn;t that why you started dieting in the first place?

I recon you need to change things up a bit - can't you switch to another plan for a while, just for a change? Do a different type of exercise? Buy a nice dress in a size below what you are now?

You are so close Lou - it is these last few pounds which make all the difference. Losing five pounds now, when you are in the 10's is like losing a stone earlier on, as you start to go from reasonable to thin. Take stock, man up and prepare yourself for the final leg of your journey! And please don;'t give up at this final hurlde - you are a massive inspiration for the majority of us on here and I wanna see your ticker land at that 133lb target!

Wow - Bonnie is much tougher than me. I'm in awe.

BonnieBooBear said:
Lou, c'mon! Just you wait until Rod gets back!
I understand how the health issues have given you a new perspective - we are all a bit guilty of getting a little bit obsessed with losing weight and it doesn't have to be on your mind 24/7 to keep losing in the background. You have come so far, I get that you probably feel so much better about yourself than you did when you started losing, but don't you think you deserve to get to your goal? If you are anything like me, you aren't massive, in that people don't look at you in the street and think how fat you are, but you aren't 'thin' either. A little push now for these last couple of months will get you there - where instead of having an 'alright' figure, you have a 'gorgeous' figure. Maybe one day I will be satisfied to just be healthy and be able to do the active things I want to do (and I am sure neither of us take this for granted) but FFS I am 30 years old and for once, just once, in my life I WANT TO BE FECKING THIN!! And look good in a bikini, and buy the smaller sizes in the shops which are the only things left in the sales, etc etc. Perhaps I am making assumptions here but isn;t that why you started dieting in the first place?

I recon you need to change things up a bit - can't you switch to another plan for a while, just for a change? Do a different type of exercise? Buy a nice dress in a size below what you are now?

You are so close Lou - it is these last few pounds which make all the difference. Losing five pounds now, when you are in the 10's is like losing a stone earlier on, as you start to go from reasonable to thin. Take stock, man up and prepare yourself for the final leg of your journey! And please don;'t give up at this final hurlde - you are a massive inspiration for the majority of us on here and I wanna see your ticker land at that 133lb target!

Thanks bonnie, your right too. I guess I'm having a wobble. I won't give up its not my style but I need a boost. When I'm losing I'm so
Motivated but cos I haven't lost for a couple of weeks which has been TOTALLY my own fault, I just feel like its a mountain I have to climb to start to lose. I'm a size 12 dress so size wise I aren't big at all but I'm not where I want to be. My
Goal was to get into a 10
Dress which I HAVE to do by December as the dress is already bought and it's a bridesmaid dress. It's a generous 10 but still too small now. I'll need to
Lose a stone to get there I reckon but a stone and a half and I would be really pleased. Oh well guess this has been my first TL wobble, I wasn't going to say anything cos I know I'll get through it but that's not the point of being on aTL thread is it. I have to
Be honest and own up or I'm just going back to denial again. I'm just walking to get weighed now, feel better for the sun being on my skin.

Thanks bonnie, your right too. I guess I'm having a wobble. I won't give up its not my style but I need a boost. When I'm losing I'm so
Motivated but cos I haven't lost for a couple of weeks which has been TOTALLY my own fault, I just feel like its a mountain I have to climb to start to lose. I'm a size 12 dress so size wise I aren't big at all but I'm not where I want to be. My
Goal was to get into a 10
Dress which I HAVE to do by December as the dress is already bought and it's a bridesmaid dress. It's a generous 10 but still too small now. I'll need to
Lose a stone to get there I reckon but a stone and a half and I would be really pleased. Oh well guess this has been my first TL wobble, I wasn't going to say anything cos I know I'll get through it but that's not the point of being on aTL thread is it. I have to
Be honest and own up or I'm just going back to denial again. I'm just walking to get weighed now, feel better for the sun being on my skin.

Yep, well done for being brave and facing the wrath. Doesn't sound like you have much choice if you have a bridesmaids dress to fit into! Once you have weighed at boots, why dont you give us a commitment of what you are going to loose by next monday, then don't weigh yourself this week at all until next monday? That might be a nice jump-start?

Know what you mean about the sun. Can't believe I was up and on a run for 7.30am on Sunday. That is totally and utterly unheard of for me in the past, but I feel like I can achieve anything with a bit of sunlight. Probably should think about emigrating to Oz, I'd be a size 8 in no time! Ha

conlou1 said:
Well I'm 10.12. Really pleased!! No point me weighing in at home as they are clearly wrong so I will take your challenge bonnie. I'm out this Saturday but I can be 100% food wise and now I had a bad hangover yesterday it's not something I want to experience this week, so I'll be curbing the booze. I'll be happy with a pound off by next monday

Well done Lou :) now onwards and downwards for a pound off next week!!
I hope I have as much luck as you when I WI later!!

Well I'm 10.12. Really pleased!! No point me weighing in at home as they are clearly wrong so I will take your challenge bonnie. I'm out this Saturday but I can be 100% food wise and now I had a bad hangover yesterday it's not something I want to experience this week, so I'll be curbing the booze. I'll be happy with a pound off by next monday

Yay, at least the scales are wrong in the right way! You are lucky to get away with it. OK then, we will see a pound off next Monday, OR ELSE!!

Yay, at least the scales are wrong in the right way! You are lucky to get away with it. OK then, we will see a pound off next Monday, OR ELSE!!

Rod is going to be so proud of you when he gets back, haha :D

Well ladies dun a kettlebell session and let me tell ya i neva knew i cud sweat that much!! So 3 days in a row now ive dun sum type ov exercise which is very gud for me :) gunna hav slow cooked beef for tea and i cant wait!
Glad to hear u hav sorted the scales out lou and well dun for being in the 10's
(impression ov rod) now stop the flim flam sister n get those pounds moving!

Hahahaha cudnt resist it im kinda missin him!

Err no, luck doesn't come into losing weight you should know that!!! I tried really hard all week and from last Monday was spot on other than Sunday. So I deserve to be that weight ;)

Sorry, you are quite right, I think I was getting a bit carried away with my Rod impression!

Let there be no more talk of cheating/take aways/drinking or other tomfoolery ladies and gents - Rod will have everyone's guts for garters and rightly so. Make the cut or hop on as the boss would say.
Great work on the kettlebells Emma, work just gave us free access to a swimming pool so added a swim at lunch to the regime 3 days a week (started today). Run and weights after work and all will be well with the world.

conlou1 said:
Err no, luck doesn't come into losing weight you should know that!!! I tried really hard all week and from last Monday was spot on other than Sunday. So I deserve to be that weight ;)

Not luck that you have lost Lou - I know that's down to hard work and nothing more! I mean luck that your scales were broken in the wrong way - if you see what I mean. (showing a gain when you really lost instead of vice versa!)

Oh yes Sparty I'm pleased the scales were wrong in the right kinda way ;)

Right I'm going to bite the bullet, on Saturday I'm only taking enough money out for 5 drinks..... G and t or vodka lime and soda. And I will drink water in between, I will report in and if I haven't stuck to it u can bollock me. I think I need someone to be accountable to
Whilst I'm trying to boost my motivation again.

Done 2.5 hours walking today, pushing a twin pram with 4 stone worth of babies in it. It was hard work as I was doing it over grass and hills. And so far I've only had 500 cals :)

Oh yes Sparty I'm pleased the scales were wrong in the right kinda way ;)

Right I'm going to bite the bullet, on Saturday I'm only taking enough money out for 5 drinks..... G and t or vodka lime and soda. And I will drink water in between, I will report in and if I haven't stuck to it u can bollock me. I think I need someone to be accountable to
Whilst I'm trying to boost my motivation again.

Done 2.5 hours walking today, pushing a twin pram with 4 stone worth of babies in it. It was hard work as I was doing it over grass and hills. And so far I've only had 500 cals :)

That's more like it! Well done, it must have been harder in the hot sun, too. Officially back on the wagon!

BonnieBooBear said:
That's more like it! Well done, it must have been harder in the hot sun, too. Officially back on the wagon!

Yep, on it. I can't let you all down can I? I have 2 and a half weeks to the wedding, I'd love to
Lose that 5 pound by then but I'm not sure it's possible, with there being less of me I need less cals, and I'd need to be having less than 1200 a day every day to do it. I want to do it but I'm not up for starving myself tbh. Do you think that's a bit of a tall order?

Yep, on it. I can't let you all down can I? I have 2 and a half weeks to the wedding, I'd love to
Lose that 5 pound by then but I'm not sure it's possible, with there being less of me I need less cals, and I'd need to be having less than 1200 a day every day to do it. I want to do it but I'm not up for starving myself tbh. Do you think that's a bit of a tall order?

Is this 2 1/2 weeks to the wedding with the size 10 dress?

Back