TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

I ate a pound of biscuits last night. Seriously, 400g, all to myself. It's the first binge in 4-5 months, and I feel awful. Weigh in in an hour as well...

I don't really know what happened yet, but I am working on it. It was like I was in a trance. Really frustrating, I mean, who needs a pound of biscuits? They weren't even my favourite.

lisajade said:
I ate a pound of biscuits last night. Seriously, 400g, all to myself. It's the first binge in 4-5 months, and I feel awful. Weigh in in an hour as well...

I don't really know what happened yet, but I am working on it. It was like I was in a trance. Really frustrating, I mean, who needs a pound of biscuits? They weren't even my favourite.

LJ - what on earth?! How did that even happen?! WHY do you have biscuits in the first place? A trance?? That's a terrible excuse! U were doing so well!! It won't even affect u this WI but next week you are gonna have to really push not to let it affect you.

What caused it? U need to reflect a bit I think? And stop buying biscuits!!!

sparty said:
LJ - what on earth?! How did that even happen?! WHY do you have biscuits in the first place? A trance?? That's a terrible excuse! U were doing so well!! It won't even affect u this WI but next week you are gonna have to really push not to let it affect you.

What caused it? U need to reflect a bit I think? And stop buying biscuits!!!

I run groups and had the biscuits for those. I have never been tempted before, I keep them in a bag out of sight. They usually go out of date lol

I am still figuring out what happened. Ironically I had just been messaging someone about breaking their binge cycle. Oh and the trance thing is no excuse, my fat hand was shovelling it in, my fault 100%. I just felt nothing. Not happy, not sad... Not anything really. I binged from age 9-29.

lisajade said:
I run groups and had the biscuits for those. I have never been tempted before, I keep them in a bag out of sight. They usually go out of date lol

I am still figuring out what happened. Ironically I had just been messaging someone about breaking their binge cycle. Oh and the trance thing is no excuse, my fat hand was shovelling it in, my fault 100%. I just felt nothing. Not happy, not sad... Not anything really. I binged from age 9-29.

And something else. I had weighed myself yesterday at home on the sly, and it was showing a good loss. So any thoughts why I would sabotage that, knowing I had lost? It's bizarre, I really thought those days were long gone.

Week 4, still 100%, another 3.0kgs gone. Now less than 22st for the first time since well before 2010. Lots to do, though.

Whoop whoop! Well done Smiley. Nearly 3 stone down. What a fab achievement. :)

Hi Lisa - cannot believe what I have just read from you! Clearly something was happening in your head to make you reach for the biscuits and only you can answer that. Did something happen yesterday? If its unavoidable you have biscuits in the house, can you buy ones you don't like to try and prevent it happening again? Also is the weighing inbetween your official WI not helping - you think you might have a good loss so you thought what the heck I'll just have a smaller loss and eat the biscuits?

I feel letdown reading your post so I can only imagine how you are feeling. Capture the feelings you are having now - even write down how you feel about yourself - and refer to it if you ever feel like doing it again. It might help.

I could really use some tough love if you guys have any to spare!

I really have felt like sabotaging my whole healthy eating thing lately -- I still feel so fat and like the weight isn't coming off quickly or well enough to ever show results. I'm so close to just giving in and scoffing a whole pack of chocolate bars or pigging out on an entire cake and not caring anymore. Please help? :(

I really have felt like sabotaging my whole healthy eating thing lately -- I still feel so fat and like the weight isn't coming off quickly or well enough to ever show results. I'm so close to just giving in and scoffing a whole pack of chocolate bars or pigging out on an entire cake and not caring anymore. Please help? :(

Step away from the biscuits and read Bonnie and LisaJade's posts from the past 24 hours and then read the advice they have been given. Drink a glass of water, go for a walk, come home and drink another glass of water. Think about the positive changes you have already made. Think about the wonderful feelings you will have as the weight comes off. Why would you want to sabotage this? Cake and chocolate are full of sugar and fat and will not make you feel better. They will make you feel worse.

Why do you want to lose weight? Why do you want to be healthy? Why do you want a BMI of 18.9? You have found the right thread here and you will have your butt kicked is you stray from your plan. Rod says that all diets work as long as you stick with them. Finding the right plan for you is important too. So let us know what help you need and keep on reading and posting. This is the place to be to lose weight with plenty of support. You have to be strong minded, really want it and know how to do it. It's up to you - you are the person in control, so learn to control yourself and your silly sabotaging chocolate and cake urges. STARTING NOW.

Thank you slimmersally! That was just what I needed to be kicked into gear. No nasty fattening stuff for me, off to eat some nice veggies! :D

Hi Lisa - cannot believe what I have just read from you! Clearly something was happening in your head to make you reach for the biscuits and only you can answer that. Did something happen yesterday? If its unavoidable you have biscuits in the house, can you buy ones you don't like to try and prevent it happening again? Also is the weighing inbetween your official WI not helping - you think you might have a good loss so you thought what the heck I'll just have a smaller loss and eat the biscuits?

I feel letdown reading your post so I can only imagine how you are feeling. Capture the feelings you are having now - even write down how you feel about yourself - and refer to it if you ever feel like doing it again. It might help.

Hi Sue, thanks for your response. I'm sorry I made you felt let down with me :( I like making people impressed with me, and making myself proud. Anyway, here is where I am at after speaking to SW consultant. I managed to lose a pound tonight. He says to just stick to my plan 100% and don't cut down to pay it back, or I am likely to repeat my idiocy if I feel deprived. I get his point, though of course my instinct tells me otherwise! I have no desire to eat badly today, I feel completely back to normal. No cravings, no interest in biccies (bleurgh!), got some exercise in etc.

I actually think you were right with your thoughts. I had a good loss, and thought what the heck. I am throwing my scales away right this second.

Hi Sue, thanks for your response. I'm sorry I made you felt let down with me :( I like making people impressed with me, and making myself proud. Anyway, here is where I am at after speaking to SW consultant. I managed to lose a pound tonight. He says to just stick to my plan 100% and don't cut down to pay it back, or I am likely to repeat my idiocy if I feel deprived. I get his point, though of course my instinct tells me otherwise! I have no desire to eat badly today, I feel completely back to normal. No cravings, no interest in biccies (bleurgh!), got some exercise in etc.

I actually think you were right with your thoughts. I had a good loss, and thought what the heck. I am throwing my scales away right this second.

Well done on the loss. Think you're SW consultant is right - just keep yourself on an even course for this next week and it will pay dividends. xx

others have kicked your butt, so for what its worth, you are a nob

however your honesty wins my respect, you could have hidden that and still showed a drop

if you run the courses, you run the snacks

I suggest you run them with fruit from now on LJ

I was gonna dish some tough love but it's been done. ;)

Just checking in with fellow non smackers for the challenge, I've had just over 1600 cals today which was a rad Hugh for my liking but no snacks have been had. Tomorrow I'm having a 1200 day to compensate

gutted you're a non-smacker...

or was that a typo??

lol

oops, that was chat

somebody smack me....

Agree whole heartedly with Sally. However, one this which really motivated me was writing down all my reasons for losing weight. I then allowed myself to write down a reason to not lose weight. I wrote two- I like cake and It's hard. Which, if you compare with the reasons for were pretty pathetic so it really made up my mind.

Just remember there is nothing you can't achievement with the right amount of determination. It just depends how much you want it!

I was gonna dish some tough love but it's been done. ;)

Just checking in with fellow non smackers for the challenge, I've had just over 1600 cals today which was a rad Hugh for my liking but no snacks have been had. Tomorrow I'm having a 1200 day to compensate

This really made me giggle. 'Say No to Smacks!'

TL required....... Lost 2lb after a "naughty" weekend and am now easing my foot off the healthy eating pedal. Lots of wine and snacks, even ordered the mixed starter with loads of fried goodies in the Thai last night -aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhh! And I'm only 1.5 lbs away from 2 stone loss, it'll soon be more..........

TL required....... Lost 2lb after a "naughty" weekend and am now easing my foot off the healthy eating pedal. Lots of wine and snacks, even ordered the mixed starter with loads of fried goodies in the Thai last night -aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhh! And I'm only 1.5 lbs away from 2 stone loss, it'll soon be more..........

where's your stats?

we would like to see a start date, goal date (this is most important) and your plan type

height etc is useful too for the science people

you need to up your posts, hit the chat lounge and get to know the girls and your post count will be up

we'll have you on the stright and narrow fairly shortly and that 2st bass badge will be yours

meantime, toughen up on yourself and post up why you have eased off - you wanna stay tubby I assume??

Rod the Bass said:
where's your stats?

we would like to see a start date, goal date (this is most important) and your plan type

height etc is useful too for the science people

you need to up your posts, hit the chat lounge and get to know the girls and your post count will be up

we'll have you on the stright and narrow fairly shortly and that 2st bass badge will be yours

meantime, toughen up on yourself and post up why you have eased off - you wanna stay tubby I assume??

How do I post stats?

Back