TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

BOOM!

15st 13lbs ladies and Smiley

inspiration from the Olympics or what!

I moved the stepper into the lounge, eschewed any thoughts of fishing and stepped stepped stepped in front of the telly all weekend

I am so happy to hit the 15's

6lbs for target of 15-7 by August 16

will I do it?

who wants to bet me?

Rod the Bass said:
BOOM!

I moved the stepper into the lounge, eschewed any thoughts of fishing and stepped stepped stepped in front of the telly all weekend

will I do it?

who wants to bet me?

Well dun rod :) i know u will do the target!!!

Rod - you are a star! Well done for getting into the 15's. I have no doubts whatsoever that you will hit your mini target - you are seriously on a roll!!

p.s. saw this and thought of you haha! :character0053:

Rod the Bass said:
BOOM!

will I do it?

who wants to bet me?

I reckon you'll do it, well done getting into the 15's, if you can lose a pound in 2 days I reckon you'll EASY do it!! What was our mini challenge I forgot?? You wanted to be that weight for 16th August, what did I want to be?? Was it 10.7 by that wedding on the 9th??? Can anyone look back cos im on my phone...I have 3 pounds to go to reach 10.7 and 10 days.....I reckon I could do it, I'm just going to have to cut back on carbs and up the walking.....

BOOM!

will I do it?

who wants to bet me?

Great Job Rod! Keep it up! I'm sure you'll hit your target :)

Good day for me. All low carb so far, no snacks, lots of water, a run and a hilarious attempt at doing a 10 minute Yoga video which involved me saying 'Oww!' a lot. I was invited to dinner tonight but instead I'm going to eat at home and go for a walk and then join my friends for Kareoke- with a bottle of water in hand. This wretched half a pound and a bit more WILL go this week!

Good motivation faery!

We have the same goal date and the same amount to lose!! Keep a check on me will ya? Keep me on the straight and narrow!

(Rod I need you to keep a watch on me too - I really want to push through to this target. And I think you were right when you 'introduced' us all to smiley - I do need/like tellings off.....they help me big time!)

I reckon you'll do it, well done getting into the 15's, if you can lose a pound in 2 days I reckon you'll EASY do it!! What was our mini challenge I forgot?? You wanted to be that weight for 16th August, what did I want to be?? Was it 10.7 by that wedding on the 9th??? Can anyone look back cos im on my phone...I have 3 pounds to go to reach 10.7 and 10 days.....I reckon I could do it, I'm just going to have to cut back on carbs and up the walking.....

Lou I have had a quick scan through but there are so many pages now that I can't find it. Unless you can remember when it was roughly......??

no i cant :/ im sure i said 10.7....or did i say? 10??? lol that was a bit optimistic if i did hahaha, well id like to get to 10.7 by a week on thursday. which i know i can do its just going to take serious commitment.

this is a bit chatty but i just have to share...hubby said over the weekend that he wants to start saving to have a big lavish renewal of our vows, he wants to get me the engagement and wedding ring i 'deserve' and was really excited about it.....i was blown away, hes not really like that, bless him. we have almost 4 years to our 10 year anniversary which is when we said wed do it, but for what i have planned im going to need every one of those 4 years to save hahaha

Good motivation faery!

We have the same goal date and the same amount to lose!! Keep a check on me will ya? Keep me on the straight and narrow!

(Rod I need you to keep a watch on me too - I really want to push through to this target. And I think you were right when you 'introduced' us all to smiley - I do need/like tellings off.....they help me big time!)

I know I was right

it's because you are kinky Sparty

:whoopass:

:8855:

it wasn't two days, that was a week of graft - it just happened over the weekend, finally

Desperate to get into 15's, I see this as the home stretch now, 2st to go

not sure what your end of the challenge was. 10-7 seems fair and reasonable, a tough little nut to crack

you can do that, go for it

ok day 1 of calorie counting and no snacking! i am still going to follow the SW rules but just keep an eye on the calorie intake too...
according to MFP my BMR is 1468?! is that about right do you think? to reduce that by 500 would only leave me 968..doesnt sound like much, n like i said i dont really want to start on the slippery slope of seriously reducing cals!
anyone shed any light as to whether im doing the right thing? lol
xXx

loolahoop said:
ok day 1 of calorie counting and no snacking! i am still going to follow the SW rules but just keep an eye on the calorie intake too...
according to MFP my BMR is 1468?! is that about right do you think? to reduce that by 500 would only leave me 968..doesnt sound like much, n like i said i dont really want to start on the slippery slope of seriously reducing cals!
xXx

The lowest your calories should ever go is 1200. Below that and you risk putting your body into starvation mode. You should also leave a bit of room for manouvere for when you plateau or get close to goal!
Are you using My Fitness Pal? It does all the working out for you!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

xXx
Your BMR is how much energy your body uses while resting. Unless you're in a coma you'll need more than that - for normal sedentary you multiply by 1.2 for instance.

One way around it is to eat your BMR, but bung an extra 500 calories of exercise in there - that's an hour's brisk walk for instance.

ok, thanks smiley man :) ok that x1.2 = 1761..that sounds a bit better lol :) so if i have say 1200 plus an hour walking/biking..that should be ok? x

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have been awol - I thought I would have wifi access at the music festival I was at, but it turns out there was none.

Look - I've been bad, but it's OK.

I fully accept that you can't have excuses and weight loss, so at the weekend I chose not to have the weight loss. I went to an amazing festival with my oldest friend, that I had been looking forward to for six months. I don't get out much, and I wanted a weekend of not having to fart about counting calories, and to, frankly, get rat arsed. It's been ages!

I didn't go totally mental -I practiced the 'one off one on' treat rule, so probably ate about 50% of what I would have done once. But I probably have done some damage - I drank rather a lot of cider. I thought about vodka and diet coke, but to be honest, it is just a bit wierd to drink that in a field in the middle of the day! And I thoroughly enjoyed myself - it was great to let go for a short period of time and once I got back on Sunday afternoon, I was straight back on things. Am going for a 6 mile run tonight, and have gone straight back to counting calories.

So I probably will either sts or put on a small amount this week at WI on wednesday and can live with it. I am not going to go mad restricting the calories this week, thought about mon tues weds doing 1000 a day, but think instead I will just pick up where I left off. I am content to take whatever I get on Wednesday and to just keep pushing on. Once upon a time this weekend would have scuppered me for months, so something has changed. And it has done amazing things for my erm.....bunged up issues.

Loving all the progress pics while I have been away, am just off to catch up now.

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have been awol - I thought I would have wifi access at the music festival I was at, but it turns out there was none.

Look - I've been bad, but it's OK.

I fully accept that you can't have excuses and weight loss, so at the weekend I chose not to have the weight loss. I went to an amazing festival with my oldest friend, that I had been looking forward to for six months. I don't get out much, and I wanted a weekend of not having to fart about counting calories, and to, frankly, get rat arsed. It's been ages!

I didn't go totally mental -I practiced the 'one off one on' treat rule, so probably ate about 50% of what I would have done once. But I probably have done some damage - I drank rather a lot of cider. I thought about vodka and diet coke, but to be honest, it is just a bit wierd to drink that in a field in the middle of the day! And I thoroughly enjoyed myself - it was great to let go for a short period of time and once I got back on Sunday afternoon, I was straight back on things. Am going for a 6 mile run tonight, and have gone straight back to counting calories.

So I probably will either sts or put on a small amount this week at WI on wednesday and can live with it. I am not going to go mad restricting the calories this week, thought about mon tues weds doing 1000 a day, but think instead I will just pick up where I left off. I am content to take whatever I get on Wednesday and to just keep pushing on. Once upon a time this weekend would have scuppered me for months, so something has changed. And it has done amazing things for my erm.....bunged up issues.

Loving all the progress pics while I have been away, am just off to catch up now.

well done on the post, life is for living and healthy people and wannabe's like us do not put ourselves through the pain to stay indoors counting calories on sunny weekends

no-one can walk the line 100%, 100% of the time - you will go insane

it's how you manage the "BLIPS" and get your mindset right to carry on that really counts in the long run

if you were maintaining you would not have given the weekend a thought

you have hit the nail on the head TWICE

1) you thought about damage limitation and managed it somewhat through your spree - so well done
2) you are back on the jazz straight away - well done again

something has changed and you have soaked up enough Tough Love to know what that something is - you have acknowledged that the journey will have minor setbacks, but it must continue

well done for not beating yourself up or going bananas

onwards to target with a clean colon!!! cider's a winner huh?? lol

agree with rod. bonnie......you made a DECISION as your an adult and thats your right to choose. you didnt get out of control at home cos you was in a bad mood, you chose to enjoy yourself whilst at a festival and have gone straight back to your weight loss mission the minute it was over and now are willing to accept that this week you may gain, but thats ok as there was a reason and its not going to take you off course. theres a world of difference between that and just eating and eating for the sake of it then crying on the scales cos youve gained saying you dont know why....

seems a few of us relaxed a bit last weekend...myself included, this weekend coming i have planned a nice weekend in with the hubby and kids, and then i have the wedding next thursday which i fully intend on having my 3 course meal and hog roast later on and a few drinks, were having a breakfast the next day at the posh hotel then it will be back to it. i have lots of days in between to make up for it and ive been waiting for this wedding for months...i was getting a bit too strict with myself the last week or so and on reflection think this is why i was getting really fed up and had a wobble, instead of looking forward to social things like i normally would, i was getting a knot in my stomach thinking about that fact i wouldnt be able to enjoy myself or relax as that would mean a gain so the thought of going anywhere was becoming a chore rather than a pleasure, i felt like cancelling everything...but instead i have had a think and decided that whilst i certainly cant go out every weekend and have a diet abandonment and expect to not gain, if its a special occasion...like a wedding, hen do or significant birthday then i am 'allowed' to relax a bit...as 1 night of being relaxed is really not going to undo a full week of being really good.....and if it isnt a regular occurance and as long as it doesnt send me off on a binge, or continue after the event its ok...i guess in a long winded way im trying to say ive decided its better to find a happy medium..yes i wont lose 2 pound every week if i do this BUT i will be learning how to live the rest of my life without having an all or nothing attitude..im desperately trying to learn moderation, well find out next friday when i get weighed if im succeeding lol.

seems a few of us relaxed a bit last weekend....

if you can call a gazillion hours on my stepper watching the Olympics relaxing, you are spot on!

I really did want to hit the 15's, thankfully the weekend had nothing social lined up in it! I was hardcore sisters!!! HARDCORE!!!

You're both doing great ladies, so give yourselves a pat on the back.

One of my worries about this diet is whether I'll come off it and slip back to the old ways. In many ways, a VLCD is easy, because the answer to the question of 'can I eat/drink this?' is always 'No!' so you can avoid making bad food choices because you never make a choice.

Once those choices are back in my life, I'm terrified that I won't have beaten my food addiction. You two sound like you are able to plan your way through a fun and foody weekend, but get straight back on the strict stuff the minute you finish. That's not an excuse, that's being in control - a million miles different. I hope I'm as strong as you when I need to be.

Back